DryGulch

Possible cheating?

Where: DE5 - Devil's Castle

When: Thirty minutes ago

Myself and three others came into contact with the player Amb1en. I engaged him on the stairs of one of the buildings , firing twice with a Winchester, he spun and ended me with his Ak47, my three companions then killed him and proceeded to loot his corpse , as they were looting he re-spawned in the same place he died with full gear and they had to kill him again ( and loot him again).

Now they have 2x his gear, just to clarify.

UPDATE: They have come across him ( and killed him) again just outside Pulkova with the exact same gear loadout. This is not normal.

Thoughts?

Sounds like the dataserver simply was too busy to aknowlegde his Death. The same issue saved me and my gear a few times, happens mostly in very server busy times.

Something similiar happened to me. I was checking out a barn when I've noticed a bandit with an MP5 looting some unlucky survivor in the upper floor. Well, I crept behind his back and unloaded my Makarov into his head. Saw his death animation as well.

I looked around and when I looked back, his corpse was gone (I double checked if it didn't "fell through" the floor or some bug like that).

Suddenly, I see zombies swarming around the barn. Course, I peek out and guess what, the very same guy, with the very same MP5 stands in front of the building doors and unloads his clip into my face in return, while side-chatting "Faggot".

Bah.

This has happened to me a few times. It really sucks

It's a database sever thing not a cheat. The database server is too busy at times when things happen too fast. if you shut down your PC fast enough (hard reset button) you can make a lot of things undone in DayZ and get rid of any Horde or Killer gang thats after you. As long as thre is no limitation or dealy in logging off this will always be exploited heavily and I have to confess I do it quite often myself lately.

It's a database sever thing not a cheat. The database server is too busy at times when things happen too fast. if you shut down your PC fast enough (hard reset button) you can make a lot of things undone in DayZ and get rid of any Horde or Killer gang thats after you. As long as thre is no limitation or dealy in logging off this will always be exploited heavily and I have to confess I do it quite often myself lately.

If you can consistently avoid the consequences of this game by willfully and knowingly exploiting these kind of mechanisms then I would call that cheating and destroying the whole premise of this game.

This guy has avoided losing his gear three times now over a decent span of time today.

It is more a database speed thing. When i died with my winchester once, (I went through a full death) When i respawned, i had the Exact same gear as when i died. I Thought it odd, but i didnt complain about it.

This has happened to me. Was caught with my pants down trying to fill my waterbottles up in the northern Factory pond. Someone killed me.

Sighed, proceeded with standard respawn method - Abort; Disconnect; Ok.

My character stood up in the pond with my corpse at my feet; turned around to have the bandit holding me up at pistol-point. I can only imagine it from their point of view. If they'd have moved a bit faster to loot me, I'd have spawned behind him. They shot me.

Abort; Disconnect; Ok.

I ended up the pond again. This time under disconnect penalty and bled out at the bottom of the pond. :)

Abort; Disconnect; Ok.

Wehey! Respawned properly in Kamyshovo.

It is more a database speed thing. When i died with my winchester once' date=' (I went through a full death) When i respawned, i had the Exact same gear as when i died. I Thought it odd, but i didnt complain about it.

[/quote']

I'm not complaining for the sake of it, this is not a whinge thread. I just don't like the idea of people exploiting this part of the game in it's current incarnation. It ruins what this game is about, taking the risk out of the equation for the people abusing this system.

Why should I go ad repeat a 6 hour loot run again when I can simply push a tiny button on my PC? I do not roleply in DayZ I kill people at the beach to let them feel miserable befcause it makes me feel warm and comfortable...why should i give up my precious hobby for hours when I have this little "SAVE MY WORLD" button.

It's my story I can play it the way likeand its not my fault that the database dos not recognize a death fast enugh all the time. it's als not my faut that i can pla yon with last gear AFTER the you dies screen.

Should I kill myself by presing respawn intead of join every time the database server is to slow?

No because the downside of this is that you often loose good loot the same way just because the database did never aknowlege your actual gear status. Just this morning a spawned with a lee enfield and 1 mag instead of the AKM and 5 mags...this happens al the time...sometimes for your good sometimes for your bad...its pure luck and you have little control over it so it can hardly be calles cheating like hacking or using item spawn scripts to gat nukes or BMPs like on RU9

Why should I go ad repeat a 6 hour loot run again when I can simply push a tiny button on my PC? I do not roleply in DayZ I kill people at the beach to let them feel miserable befcause it makes me feel warm and comfortable...why should i give up my precious hobby for hours when I have this little "SAVE MY WORLD" button.

It's my story I can play it the way likeand its not my fault that the database dos not recognize a death fast enugh all the time. it's als not my faut that i can pla yon with last gear AFTER the you dies screen.

Should I kill myself by presing respawn intead of join every time the database server is to slow?

Knowingly or unknowingly you've just posted exactly what needs to be fixed about this exploit. Also, exploiting to keep gear and shooting noobs on the beach must make you feel like a boss.

This exact same guy killed us on the ZA1 server today! Also at Devil's Castle. Me and 3 players came up there and he shot all of us. He also did it with an AK47. Is he skipping through servers?

We thought it was really strange, because everyone on the server was still relatively new so very few people had started venturing away from the coast and we might have been the first ones to actually go that deep inland. We also literally told nobody where we were going. Hell, we weren't even sure where we were going. It's possible he followed us and ran ahead, but that's very doubtful, as then he could have just killed us the first time he saw us.

It was just way too much of a coincidence that he happened to be right there in the middle of nowhere at the same time we were.

This exact same guy killed us on the ZA1 server today! Also at Devil's Castle. Me and 3 players came up there and he shot all of us. He also did it with an AK47. Is he skipping through servers?

We thought it was really strange' date=' because everyone on the server was still relatively new so very few people had started venturing away from the coast and we might have been the first ones to actually go that deep inland. We also literally told nobody where we were going. Hell, we weren't even sure where we were going. It's possible he followed us and ran ahead, but that's very doubtful, as then he could have just killed us the first time he saw us.

It was just way too much of a coincidence that he happened to be right there in the middle of nowhere at the same time we were.

[/quote']

One of my buddies reckons he's even jumping servers to better position himself to gank , it all adds up to destroy the nature of this game.

Really sucks that people would do that. :/

This guy sounds really suspect. If I spot him on my server again, I'm banning him. Don't need guys like that ruining the game for others.

We were discussing not losing gear with death, not server hopping to get a better shooting positions, that's another story but still the same issue. as long as tis issue is not fixed there is no point in banning people for using it.

We were discussing not losing gear with death' date=' not server hopping to get a better shooting positions, that's another story but still the same issue. as long as tis issue is not fixed there is no point in banning people for using it.

[/quote']

You're still defending people exploiting, exploiting should be a ban if it is found to be willful and repeated.

No exploting is needed to show what the aloha is missing...we are testing this mission...this has to include the exploits. What do you think why im writign it here instead of keeping it to myself?

Because this is a alpha version test, but no problem feel free to ban all testers that report in here...go on to only look at the bright sides of the apha version just ignore the issues.

TESTING mst include totry it out all, the good guy way, he bandit way, gettign ill dieing in all ways possible and even to test what happens if you quickdisconnect.

Im not playing this in a serious "roleplaying" way, im testing what is possible and what not and reporting in after.

I tested having -17.000 humanity I tested having 5000, I tested being ill, being nice beeign bad, hiding in the hillsm runnign amok in cherno and sniping beanbags at coast... that's what a alpha is about.

If it was possible to play as a nurse I would try that too.

I've got a rule on my server that you're not allowed to use the persistent world as an exploit. It's part of the RoE on my server. You're not allowed to server-hop, and you're not allowed to disconnect if you attack other players and they fight back.

Seeing as Rocket used to have a script which prevented exploits of the persistent world system, I highly doubt anyone could have any issue with this. The only reason the security measure isn't running is because Rocket said it placed an unnecessarily huge amount of strain on the hive server.

If using exploits is part of the testing, then I assume cheating is too? It's fine to report exploits you've found, but continuously using them in-game? You're really defending that?

I hate to say it but Ulanthorn has a point. However Ulanthorn you cannot hide behind "Its an Alpha" when you clearly are saying that you have exploited this over and over again. There is a HUGE difference between finding an exploit/bug and reporting it then doing what you are doing just because "I can" and "It isnt fixed yet"

IMHO your trying hard to save yourself from a possible ban by now talking about it and being all honest about it.

Continues use of a bugj ust because you CBA to search for new gear like the rest fo us, just so you can kill noobs over and over again on the beach to make you all fuzzy inside makes you cheater and a griefer.

When did I say I defend i, I just said I found myself pulling the string lately more, a.k.a rebooting when things got to hairy because I know from testing a slight chance exists you go unharmed. I do not use server hopping...server hopping ans impossible anyway most of the time because servers are full and I onyl play on a handfull of them on regular basis 2 or 3 hours a day. But the issue has to be fixed by some kind of log off delay... often a few seconds despawn delay for the char after user logout would be enough.

I've seen him on EU7.

Killing him, instant respawning on his corpse and killing me.

welp.

That's not possible with simple dataserver cheating. there's more to it then.

You're still defending people exploiting' date=' exploiting should be a ban if it is found to be willful and repeated.

[/quote']You need to calm down and take a step back, no one should be banned for exploiting in a game EVER, especially in an Alpha build of a game.

An exploit is simply a loophole in the game itself or coding which needs to be fixed, it's a vulnerability and it is not cheating. No matter how dumb you see it as or pissed you get a person exploiting is simply taking advantage of a flaw built into the game to have an edge on others.

Everyone can do what he is doing without having to use any form of an actual cheat, he's just being smarter than all of you until it is patched out regardless of it being a dick move in morality standards.

If anything exploiting at this stage of the development should not only be fine, it should be encouraged. The more it is done, the more problems are discovered in the game that can be fixed.