darkanima270

Ghillie suits and helicopters are still in game?

Since i started playing this game 2 month ago, i never found a single ghillie suit or at least a "working" helicopter, do they still respawn in the actual patch? or they will in the next one approaching? it would be a lot appriciated also if you could give me some tips finding them, because i really want one them, its my end game since i saw every item in this game, except vehicles and the leggendary ghillie suit :(

Edited by darkanima270

Gillie suits are not currently spawning. Forecast is for the next patch.

Crashed helicopters are out there, but many have gotten finding and looting them down to a science.

Move around fields to the north and bring binoculars. It takes time to spot them.

Yeah they're still here. There are crashed helicopters all over the landscape, i haven't seen a ghille suit but then again there's only 2 positions it can spawn.

Wait wait, i saw a lot of crashed helicopters in this game, theres a cool spot where i used to find one or two of them each servers, but what i meant were the real choppers, because i never saw one flying on my head and i'd like to repair and fly one of those too

Edited by darkanima270

Gillie suits are not currently spawning. Forecast is for the next patch.

Crashed helicopters are out there, but many have gotten finding and looting them down to a science.

Move around fields to the north and bring binoculars. It takes time to spot them.

Ghillie suits got put back in yesterday actually.

Only way theres legit heli's is that you had one before they took them out.

Ghillie suits got put back in yesterday actually.

i dont see the patch out yet, so you must be wrong, ghillies and camo will spawn in 1.7.2.4, and we're still at 1.7.2.3 where they dont SPAWN but they are in the game, if someone already had them from previous patch, stored in tents/vehicles, or on them.

Only way theres legit heli's is that you had one before they took them out.

so they currently cannot spawn anymore? was this due to a bug or just balancing?

Wait wait, i saw a lot of crashed helicopters in this game, theres a cool spot where i used to find one or two of them each servers, but what i meant were the real choppers, because i never saw one flying on my head and i'd like to repair and fly one of those too

The crashed Helo is the item you have to repair.

• Upon discovering a broken helicopter shell you should get into the pilots seat, at the top left corner it will tell you what is broken and what is fine. Green = fixed
  • To fix the hull you must find scrap metal and use it on the helicopter, the quantity of scrap metal has not been defined so you may want more then one lot.
  • You must then find Engine parts
  • For the main rotor (MROT) you must find the “main rotor assembly”
  • Secondary motor (ATRQ) this is the most important part, you need 6 scrap metal to fix it.
  • Glass, while glass is not necessary to fly a helicopter, it’s pretty nice to be able to see where you are going.
  • Avionics/instruments these are somewhat important as it shows things such as elevation and speed, you will have to find the instruments.
  • FUEL, you need fuel, and lots of it, it is believed you need 50 jerry cans to fill a Huey.

Yeah they're still here. There are crashed helicopters all over the landscape, i haven't seen a ghille suit but then again there's only 2 positions it can spawn.

"Skins" (Ghillie, camo, military) can spawn in all residential buildings. They're not just spawning due to a bug that's resolved in 1.7.2.4. It's easy to find skins i Cherno.

Chopper vehicles are disabled until they're bug free. They currently cause a shitload of desync on the server so they have to be "reconfigured" as I saw rocket explain it once.

so they currently cannot spawn anymore? was this due to a bug or just balancing?

Nope buy I think they are bringing them back

I've tried to re-build multiple helicopters but they're such a massive target and usually are placed out in the open. It's very hard to repair one. I'd say almost impossible alone. If you had a buddy with you it might work out better but it takes time to repair it. The amount of fuel you need is insane, so you better hope you have a car or are near a gas station.

Oh so thats why i can't finding them anymore :(

The crashed Helo is the item you have to repair.

• Upon discovering a broken helicopter shell you should get into the pilots seat, at the top left corner it will tell you what is broken and what is fine. Green = fixed
  • To fix the hull you must find scrap metal and use it on the helicopter, the quantity of scrap metal has not been defined so you may want more then one lot.
  • You must then find Engine parts
  • For the main rotor (MROT) you must find the “main rotor assembly”
  • Secondary motor (ATRQ) this is the most important part, you need 6 scrap metal to fix it.
  • Glass, while glass is not necessary to fly a helicopter, it’s pretty nice to be able to see where you are going.
  • Avionics/instruments these are somewhat important as it shows things such as elevation and speed, you will have to find the instruments.
  • FUEL, you need fuel, and lots of it, it is believed you need 50 jerry cans to fill a Huey.

Wait, so are you telling me that any crashed helicopter site (the one with rare spawn guns) are the same helicopters that can be repaired and flyed?

Apparently Rocket want's helicopters back in the next couple of patches.

Ghillies will come back in the next patch 1.7.2.4 it was expected to launch yesterday, but obviously it did not should be sometime this week, that patch will fix camo spawns (Ghillie/Camo/etc) but as for helicopters he mentioned in an interview he wants them back in the next few patches.

Edit, for the post just above mine, no you cannot get in and repair the helicopters that have the very rare looted spawned around them, you can only repair fix the one's where it allows you to get into the pilot seat or gunners seat etc.

Edit - 2, Sometimes you can get extremely lucky and find a fully repaired helicopter and just get in it and fly away, has happened a few times but it's extremely rare, like finding a needle in a haystack.

Edited by Authentic92

Apparently Rocket want's helicopters back in the next couple of patches.

Ghillies will come back in the next patch 1.7.2.4 it was expected to launch yesterday, but obviously it did not should be sometime this week, that patch will fix camo spawns (Ghillie/Camo/etc) but as for helicopters he mentioned in an interview he wants them back in the next few patches.

Edit, for the post just above mine, no you cannot get in and repair the helicopters that have the very rare looted spawned around them, you can only repair fix the one's where it allows you to get into the pilot seat or gunners seat etc.

Edit - 2, Sometimes you can get extremely lucky and find a fully repaired helicopter and just get in it and fly away, has happened a few times but it's extremely rare, like finding a needle in a haystack.

So when they will be bringed back, they can be found anywhere just like heli crash sites?

That's kind of common sense, if you cant mouse wheel it and not get in, obviously you can't repair it.

So when they will be bringed back, they can be found anywhere just like heli crash sites?

Yes

That's kind of common sense, if you cant mouse wheel it and not get in, obviously you can't repair it.

I was answering someone's question :P

Just a quick question - How much loot usually spawns at a crashed helicopter site? Several items?

I just ask because people on the forums make them out to be treasure chests, but I found my first one yesterday and the only item around it was an FAL.

Crash sites are stocked with weapons and have nearly every ammo in it. If you found minimal loot in one then it means that it has already been raided.

Just a quick question - How much loot usually spawns at a crashed helicopter site? Several items?

I just ask because people on the forums make them out to be treasure chests, but I found my first one yesterday and the only item around it was an FAL.

I've found two unspoiled ones recently, one had 5 weapons and a pile of med supplies, and the other had two weapons and some (wonderful) tin cans.

The FAL is the most common helicopter spawn I believe, so it's highly likely that whoever found the site before you took everything of value and left the FAL. The FAL is still a great weapon, but it drops really commonly from helicopters and everything else that spawns there is usually far more valuable. I myself left a FAL at the first helicopter crash I mentioned in favor of taking an M240 and a Bizon SD PP-19.