Sign in to follow this  
bluepugs

Stuck on Loading after Lobby, Ghillie suit possibly related?

I very recently equipped a Ghillie suit I had found in a tent.

A friend of mine was with me, and had gotten kicked for simple high-ping when a family member of his started a download. After resolving this issue and loading back in - He found himself stuck on loading. Not the bar-screen, but the text after recieving. He tried a many times, updated ARMA beta through DayzCommander and whatever have you, and after I was bored - I started to wander away in search of other goodies.

It was this moment he was able to log back in, when I was a good 600Meters away. Upon making my way back to meet up with him, he was kicked for high ping again - Unrelated(Pesty impatient siblings are not a bug) and on his return, he found himself stuck on loading screen once more. Again, I was near the location where we were to meet up.

Now, since I do not like playing alone I aborted back to lobby and attempted to log in myself, to see if it was his-client or something server side. I found myself stuck at loading and I still am.

Now interestingly enough, upon verifying my two game's (Arma2/ARMA2:AO) cache on Steam, they both came up with one file unverified and attempt to download said file. Repeatedly. It never clicks. This is the same case for my friend.

Now, I know Ghillie suits were seeing fixes and changes this patch, and I suspect this single file must be whatever the Ghillie is. I see others entering the server no problem.

There are others that seem to be having the issue in: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42304-day-z-stuck-in-final-loading-screen/page__st__20

But I figured this specific issue needed it's own post. Is this a bug? Coincidence? The recent ARMA 2 Beta being conflicty with how Dayz and Rocket wants stuff?

Is there any more troubleshooting I ought to try?

I don't know man whats causing the problem. I cant play on some servers for couple of days already - tried everything I could think of. Yes I do have a ghillie on. My thread

I am having this bug also. I am sure it's the ghillie suit and it's not every server. I have multiple characters anytime I put a ghillie suit on one of them there are servers I can't join. Right now one of my characters can't take his ghillie off because I don't have extra clothing. I have some, just not where he is. I'll eventually get some to him though.

Edited by LunaTiK

the arma patch update and the dayz update do worse this problem, have to downgrade just for find a server supporting ghillie for switch for civilian... (i already try if some servers with latest versions are supporting ghillie... but i think there are no)

Edited by guigui12

OK, last time I played was about 6 hours ago. And I found a tent with 8 ghilie suits in it, took one and left my civilian cloathing in it, so I don't have to carry it. Now I can't go past the loading screen (updated to 1.7.2.4, beta patch still not updated)

So what you're all saying is - I can't get in the game because of the ghilie suit?! What the fuck should i do now?!

there are tons of options on a server,

i think (i'm not sure) there are one for allow or-not the ghillie,

and on server who don't allow the ghillie u stay stuck on the loading, if u have everything updated try the DE 721, it is working for me and my ghillie but it's the night actually ^^

Yeah, I just saw your post and tried it, it works for me as well. Is there a way to recognize a server which allows ghilie suits?

Well that's great. So no Dayz untill wednesday, unless I find a list of US servers which allow to wear ghillie. Does you character get hungry when you're not playing?