Addest

For those who complain about/dislike temperature

Only I noticed that we start with an body temperature close to 36.6 degrees by Celsium(it's near 98 farehrenheit) and can survive with 40 farehrenheit what converts to 2.8 Celsium!

REALISM!!!! I survived with this temperature while critical minimal survival temperature for human is 25°С. An hour later I was killed by zombies but how they noticed that I was alive WHEN I HAD DAMN 2.8°С of body!!! REALISM!!! Hah...

I was a walking dead)))

Right' date=' heres how it should be in my opinion.

1: you only lose body temp if you are outdoors at night (maby also if indoors, but at a slower pace) or if you are outdoors during heavy rainfall.

2: body temp equals out when you are outside during sunshine. (meaning, even if you spent all night outside in the cold, you will regain your body temp during the day, if yorue in the sun)

3: running increases body temp (meaning you can keep warm if youre cold, but also overheat if you run too much during a hot day).

4: campfires keep you warm during the night if you are outdoors.

5: campfires should need nothing more than matches or roadflares to make (like it used to be with matches, you build a campfire and then light it with either matches or one flare that is used up)

6: Colds and other diseases shouldnt be dependant on body temp, but could occur randomly (with a low base chance, modified by things such as body temp, hunger and dehydration) and should also have a chance to dissapear naturally after a certain time.

[/quote']

My temp goes down in the sun/night/rain/snow. Even when sprinting it drops like a rock for some odd reason.

Everyone's does, notice he said how it "should" be, not how it is now.

Sorry double post from my phone

Running does increase. But increases can be cancelled by negative effects. It is the balance of everything. Again, you guys are looking for a simple answer.

There is no simple answer. The temperature system is deliberately very complex.

The temperature is not oC or oF. It is a percentage.

Running does increase. But increases can be cancelled by negative effects. It is the balance of everything. Again' date=' you guys are looking for a simple answer.

[/quote']

Thanks Rocket, care to explain these negative effects?

I almost died earlier as my temperature was 19 and I wanted to see if temperature does rise indoors, it does and this is how to do it:

Enter a building, if it has doors, close them, walk crouched side to side until you start to gasp for breath then stop, continue this until your temperature is back up. A word of warning, this takes a very long time, I went from 19 to 60 in around 1 hour real time so to get back to full health will take me around 2 hours, also you need at least 2 cans of water and 1 can of food, 2 is better.

This should only be used as a last resort but it does work, my temperature is now 60 from 19.

Running does increase. But increases can be cancelled by negative effects. It is the balance of everything. Again' date=' you guys are looking for a simple answer.

[/quote']

Negative effects like being outside?

I'm all for it being complex and difficult, but not at the expense of being nonsensically unrealistic.

Looking forward to temp and wood being patched.

[/quote']

Though it shouldn't be dropping that quickly in the first place. Got people mentioning how it drops when it's sunny and dry :/

I've noticed that my temperature plummets down when I'm outside on a sunny day, but stabilizes at night for some reason and even lets me get it up to 100 just by running, in all the servers I've been into.

Have any of you experienced something like that?

I think server times are wonky. You can log in at it will be 3am. but someone else that has been playing for three hours it will be 6am. Same thing if you have been playing for 3 hours, if someone logs in they will be 3 hours behind you. I'm not sure if temperature is tied to your own time, or the server time when you log in.

[/quote']

This is a problem because that percentage decreases during the day... when the sun is out and I'm sneaking around town... I walked in Europe everywhere where I went outside and I never needed a campfire :/

Derp.

[/quote']

Thanks Rocket, care to explain these negative effects?

I almost died earlier as my temperature was 19 and I wanted to see if temperature does rise indoors, it does and this is how to do it:

Enter a building, if it has doors, close them, walk crouched side to side until you start to gasp for breath then stop, continue this until your temperature is back up. A word of warning, this takes a very long time, I went from 19 to 60 in around 1 hour real time so to get back to full health will take me around 2 hours, also you need at least 2 cans of water and 1 can of food, 2 is better.

This should only be used as a last resort but it does work, my temperature is now 60 from 19.

wat

I thought this was fixed, but ever since the the hotfixes for today, the temperature system's been acting a bit weird for me. A couple of times it would drop rapidly even though the sun was out and the sky was completely clear so I had to find shelter.

Rocket's right. This system certainly is "complex". Puzzling, as well.

i just discovered the tree cover today. its a nice umbrella which also helps your view alot :)

I haven't actually played the game yet (I'm downloading ARMA 2 and it's expansion now) but I would like to make a suggestion that maybe adding forms of clothing to the map would be a good way to help people maintain their body temp, getting cold? put on that nice warm coat you found in a building earlier, raining? put on that cool rain coat you found lying around etc. etc. etc

Tell me what you guys think about my idea

[/quote']

There is a simple answer... Its a silly feature.

People complain about the temperature feature, and it is respectable as to why they would. People must keep in mind this is still in alpha, meaning they want to implement and test new features. The best thing to do is not to complain but simply suggest changes and report bugs to help fix it!:)

I didnt really have any issue with it all, my freinds and I had an 8 hour stint last night and the lowest temp we got to was 60's. Wood is literally everywhere, we just lit a fire cooked some meat and moved on when we got back to 100%.

Its a non issue, it rained on us and we started dropping, so we lit another fire... really not much of a problem, and adds to the urgency of moving in and out of towns and cities.

Matches are also everywhere again now, so It doesn't take long to find them.

You need to be on the outskirts of a town to safely light a fire, don't even bother trying it in town or inside.

I quite like the game mechanic personally.

I don't like the feature in its current state, I think it does affect the rhythm of the game in a bad way, but some of the things suggested here as a realistic depiction of a temperature system would not make sense.

As others have mentioned it, alcohol does not raise your body temperature, and indirectly causes the opposite quite often. Well, running can also make the problem worse: hypothermia is really a frequent problem for runners in cold temperature. Basically, even though your muscles produce heat during the effort, if the temperature is sufficiently cold your body might easily struggle balance the thermal outcome, adjust its temperature and see it drop to dangerous levels - it's not a trivial balance, and therefore one might expect that if you go around running in bad conditions your body temperature will not increase. Maybe that's already what Rocket did implement, but in any case that's how a realistic relation between body temperature and running works too. Just my 2 cents. Having said that, it seems to me that currently our virtual bodies in DayZ are doing a particularly bad job at being the homeothermic machines they're supposed tobe, I feel like a reptile struggling to find a patch of warmth.

Your body regulates its self, the simple mechanism of body temperature is having energy to burn and like a fire it needs fuel, for the human body that is food... keep your energy levels up ie eat food and the body is warm... this of course excludes external factors like getting wet etc

This feature atm is very poorly implemented.

I for one, like it. Yes, your body regulates its own temperature, but staying in the cold (and remember this is somewhere in Russia) is not good for your health in any situation.

It definitely needs tweaking, but I love sitting around the fire warming up with friends before heading out on a raid.

God help us if seasons are implemented. Imagine if it's winter, and staying outside results in temperature loss. We'll have to stay inside all the time with constant fires, and it'll be awful (read: awesome)

Seems like other aspects of the game can be improved before they need to implement things such as.... temperature. it's not that i don't like the "feature", i just don't care about it.

Id rather play a zombie apoc simulator than a ..... fighting hypothermia simulator. make the core game better instead of tacking on.... scrap metal.

reminds me of mincraft / notch lol. " OMG I GOT A NEW IDEA, i havent finished the old ideas , BUT DMANIT I GOT NEW ONES!"