So, how do you "win" at Day Z? Survive longer than anyone else?

I'm at a point where I'm pretty much self sufficient right now, able to live off of the land and your local grocery store.

:D

Now what do I do?

:huh:

So' date=' how do you "win" at Day Z? Survive longer than anyone else?

I'm at a point where I'm pretty much self sufficient right now, able to live off of the land and your local grocery store.

:D

Now what do I do?

:huh:

[/quote']

i think most of the experienced players have faced this crisis. after you've explored the map, tried some of the better guns, and killed a bunch of survivors, you find there's nothing to do. sure you can repair vehicles, but that just gets repetitive as everything else.

so just keep in mind that this is an alpha build. we're testing out some of the more rudimentary gameplay mechanics and ironing out technical problems. with this groundwork, i think we'll see an improved persistency system implemented. my hope is to see this turn into an EVE type of games. no clear-cut objectives but to gain power and control for you and your clan.

Be morally upstanding and declare yourself sheriff?

plenty of bandits that need their kit liberated from them... and their knees liberated from their legs... ;)

Be ambitious.

Personally I'd like to organize gambling in downtown Chernagorsk. Only the gambling involves putting all of your loot on the line and the gamble is your life and all your shit for one makarov bullet. You get into the ring against another gambler who has one bullet and the one that makes it out alive gets the pickings of the loot.

Still thinking of working out the kinks, but this could be done.

Survive

At ALL costs.

Do you feel content? Then continue to survive. Seeking a new challenge? Create a checklist of things you haven't done yet (like achievements, but made up by yourself)

Then get them done, even if you die and have to start over, keep at it. Feeling bored? Start a journal and do something different. Maybe make your way to the NE airport and brave the bandit menace there?

THAT is how you play DayZ.

People really don't have any grasp of open ended/open world games.

There's no "win", there's no "end". It's an experience, one which you create the way you want. That's the goal... to play.

Find someones tent and fill it with tin cans.

Agreed.

I guess it's more fishing for ideas as to what I should do next to keep things interesting.

I guess vehicles are considered end-game content.

My long term goal is to fund building cheap condominiums on the east coast by setting up a prostitution ring in Bor or Dolina.

The goal is to see how long you can hide inside and not catch a cold.

*not sarcasm*

For me, my goal is to get my friends into the game and help them out. Teamwork makes the game almost endless. Get enough people together and you could control entire cities and servers. Go from server to server dominating all who oppose you, and reward those who abide by the rules.

There's no "win"' date=' there's no "end". It's an experience, one which you create the way you want. That's the goal... to play.

[/quote']

There needs to be things to do though. You need to be given the tools you need to make your own goals. In a game like eve for instance, there is no predefined goals, yet you never feel like you've run out of stuff to do. This is not true for games like minecraft or this. After a little while you feel like you've done all the things and lose motivation to continue.

my goal is to create more bandits/make people more hostile to strangers

if you are bored i recommend grouping up with people.. they always need supplies

This post sums up everything that is wrong with many modern games and their design.

Many new gamers these days dont understand that you really dont need an objective. The experience of just trying to survive in day z is enough.

OFC finishing a story is always nice if the story is good but lets be honest, there hasn't been many good stories lately. Last one i liked was Medal of Honor Tier 1.

I have goals to what i want to do in DayZ, like flying a helicopter with my guild mates raiding cities and dusting of into a established secret base where we store supplies and share stories is one of them. Sandbox games like this can't be won

OP, how exactly do you live off the land? I mean, there isnt exactly a lot of animal spawns. Not to mention matches.

OP' date=' how exactly do you live off the land? I mean, there isnt exactly a lot of animal spawns. Not to mention matches.

[/quote']

I mostly meant getting water from lakes, but if you've been to the north you'll find more animals than what's near the coastal cities.