Sign in to follow this  
lolwatpear

Melee weapon durability and sharpening...

First, I think that melee weapons/tool should 'run out of ammo' quicker, ie dull quicker. 99k uses is a lot it's obviously meant to last you an entire playthrough. It should be brought down to 200-500 maybe. Using the the tool for it's actual purpose (wood chopping) should decrease the durability accordingly, more so than actually killing with it.

Finally, a new item should be be added to the game that can be found to sharpen any edged weapons, perhaps a sharpening stone. These can maybe have a use or two for balance purposes.

Edited by lolwatpear

Good idea! Although I think for the sake of coding, it'll probably be better if one swing is used whether you his human, animal or wood. These sharpening stones could facilitate some crazier finds in the game (do I hear finding swords or axes at the castles?)

Well, if you have a hatchet that has never been misused (hitting rocks etc..) it's really not necessary to sharpen it. Of course, it helps, but you can still easily chop wood even with a blunt hatchet. And I guess you're gonna have to kill A LOT of people/zombies to actually break your hatchet.