Sign in to follow this  
denkart

Respawn in Boats to prevent spawn spam and unwanted spawnpoints

Hello.

I've noticed there's a bit of a problem with how the respawn works in this game. People want to spawn with their friends so they spam respawn, but constantly respawning puts too much stress on the servers. I believe I have an idea to allow people to quickly regroup with their friends and will also keep them from running back to their corpse instantly. Allow players to spawn off in the ocean on a boat of some sort. Make it so the boats only have a limited amount of gas so people can't stay in them forever and also make the boats despawn upon exiting the boat. I think this would be a good way to allow players to meet with friends while also preventing players spamming spawn points until they get the closest one to their bodies.

• Like 2

This is what we need ! all players to spawn in wooden rowboats so we can have epic rowboat derby in cherno bay !!!

• Like 1

I support this suggestion.

I think it's a good compromise to prevent people from suiciding by running into zombies asap if they don't get their desired spawn location.

The removal of the respawn button alone won't achieve the desired effect I think.

If you give the boat just enough fuel to move along the coast for a little bit it'll make the running time to meet up with friends short enough to prevent the suiciding.

add a 5-10 minute respawn time and leave the respawn button. if your dumb enough to hit respawn and patient enough to wait 10 minutes just to get to your buddy, then you deserve it. xD problem solved.

nice idea! i always had the doubt why we spawn on the coast..coming there with a boat makes more sense

add a 5-10 minute respawn time and leave the respawn button. if your dumb enough to hit respawn and patient enough to wait 10 minutes just to get to your buddy, then you deserve it. xD problem solved.

But that doesn't discourage people from just running into the nearest zombie to suicide for a better spawn location. Taking too long to meet up again after dying is the reason people will suicide so making a 10 minute timer to respawn won't help with that.

If people spend most of their playing time trying to meet up after each death instead of actually playing together it will probably cause some people to stop playing or play less often.

Why can't they just make it so you can choose your spawn, I mean that may be a bit cheesy but it works.

But that doesn't discourage people from just running into the nearest zombie to suicide for a better spawn location. Taking too long to meet up again after dying is the reason people will suicide so making a 10 minute timer to respawn won't help with that.

If people spend most of their playing time trying to meet up after each death instead of actually playing together it will probably cause some people to stop playing or play less often.

Sure it can...make the spawn timer include death by zombies and players. If you die within 5 minutes and there is a 10 min timer then you can't spawn for another 5 mins. Pretty easy.

Sure it can...make the spawn timer include death by zombies and players. If you die within 5 minutes and there is a 10 min timer then you can't spawn for another 5 mins. Pretty easy.

I'd be fine with that as long as I'm playing alone. My friends and I don't die often enough to care about it either way. I accept any spawn point as a challenge anyway.

But for some people who want to meet up somewhere it was already a game of "take a long time to meet up, play together for a bit, get killed, take a long time to meet up again,..." Without respawning quickly it's gonna be even more time spent running towards each other.

I've been watching some people live-stream the game and often they spend more time finding the players they want to meet up with than actually playing together.