NumStn88mhz

Strange radio transmission

Sounds like a fail techno song to me... Good job.

Isnt that german the woman is talking in? Sounds like shes counting in english with a german accent. Fake or real, thanks for the scariness this has brought to the game. If I came across a radio in game or car radio wherever you found this. I'd run like hell before it started talking to me. I can already barely stand zombies I know I didn't spawn.

Interesting, radio imo should really be added into the game and a community radio station should be set up that broadcasts to everyone, like on fallout :D unlikly but awesome

Aliens and timetravel and possible target coordinates of nuclear launch

Edited by evkol001

It's french, I think.

Interesting, radio imo should really be added into the game and a community radio station should be set up that broadcasts to everyone, like on fallout :D unlikly but awesome

Im sure Ive heard radios are in the game already or will be added soon, but all they are is a number station that gives co-ords of crash sites. Cant seem to find any evidence to back this up but Im sure I saw it somewhere...

Edited by Tiercel

That's French.

"fail techno-(morse)-4-24-11[or 12, not loud enough]-(loudBeepbeep)-foxtrot-[something-o]-4-(loudBeepbeep)-0-7-6-0-1-2-(loudBeepbeep)-0-6-3-0-0-6-(loudBeepbeep)-Uniform-Sierra-4-6-7-(loudbeeps)-0-9-0-0-0-9-(loudbeeps)-static-music-silence-end

Now, a bit of background for that audio file?

Anyway, it's fake: Foxtrot isn't pronounced foxtraw, even in French. The original numbers aren't said between 0 and 9. Someone with no military knowledge did that.

And the morse is too fast for me. I'm not "fluent" yet.

Edited by Deuzerre
  • Like 1

THE NUMBERS, MASON

WHAT DO THEY MEAN

Anyway, it's actually impossible to know what they mean. Socalled One-time pad encryptions are impossible to crack unless you have the key.

But OP could have made it sovable or more likely just threw random things together.

Edited by integ3r

TRY THEM IN LOTTO!

TRY THEM IN LOTTO!

NO! The numbers are cursed!

Please add stuff like this in the game. I am incredibly creeped out and excited by transmissions like these and they are great for adding some background to the lore of the game.

Makes me drool for the stand-a-lone, more content-heavy horror-survival that is to be DayZ.

So thanks to Deuzerre

I tryed to crack this code a little more.

I'm not exactly sure how "fake" it is. It may not be made by Rock or dayz staff but it seems to have some validity.

Foxtraw (I think the text to speech messed that up they aren't very good when it comes to pronuniation) and I think its Romeo-4 I believe is a server name. FR 4. which is active.

0-7-6-0-1-2 is obviously a map coordinate, which when I checked it out on my map is far north and on a hill. I can only assume there is a camp there. I'm going to check this out.

If this is what I think it is, it's awesome and I hope numstn88mhz keeps making more.

happy hunting!

Edited by Goblin

Ya that totally came to mind. But wasn't that just pointing out tree stands? these numbers don't line up with anything really they are all far north and out of the way.

I think the first numbers are the date.

So it means 24. April 2011/2012.

Then there comes the servername FR 4 with 2 coordinates: 076/012 and 063/006

After that there's another servername: US 467 with the coordinates 090/009

douze, she certainly says douze not onze so its 12 at the 3rd number. just checked it.

Anywayz, ima quit playign this game for a while now. I'm a big guy, but this radio transmission isn't something u want to hear at 2am in the morning when ur all alone at home.

Such an awesome idea.

We have someone who comes on our server during the night and goes invisible, and then plays creepy distorted jewelry box music globally to everyone. It really does freak people out.

If this was my mod, I'd totally add that as a random thing along with a CB radio or HAM setup that would allow you to talk via in-game VOIP to other people across the map.

Well, I can't speak for translating any of the speech. Nor can I verify if this is genuine or a fake.

BUUUUT I will say the music at the end is a clip from the legendary French keyboardist Jean Michel Jarre. Specifically from Les Chants Magnétiques, track one:

I could speculate that the transmission may have something to do with ionosphere testing or detecting currents in the magnesphere.

If it's produced for the game, then speculate away as to the reason. Perhaps there will be some indication that scientists are working on a way to confuse zombies by alternating the magnetic poles of earth. Or perhaps to weaken the ionosphere to allow more solar radiation into earth to decay the dead faster.

If I recall correctly this is a recording from a number station airing at Green Mountain. Apparently if you have a radio in your inventory and you're in range during certain hours you'll hear this recording. Which it's supposed to be the locations of several deer stands in game.

[edit] wow this is an old thread.

Edited by What's new in Cherno?

Bump (I didn't translate all of that fake for nothing).

ok sry if i forgot to give you beans, here you go (not)

So, I know this is an old thread, but I found out that, at least in the breaking point mod, you have to turn on the power grid in cherno or elektro. Then you go to the green mountain radio station and send out a message, which is what the morse code is for, but I've never been able to get it done. The power plants are near campers at the fire stations and once you do that, you have to travel 5 to 7k having to stop for food along the way because you run out, then you run out of ammo. I made it one time but didn't know about turning on the power plants and I don't know if you have to turn both of them on, or if it's in any other mod besides breaking point, which, by the way, I hate. Not enough weapons and or magazines to fire them.