Rager (DayZ)

It's sad that people leave when server hits night

Would you go outside at night in a real zombie apocalypse where no electricity remains to light the streets? Herp derp. It's like in olden times, people would close their shops and sleep earlier if the sun went down earlier. Can't do much with no light.

But yeah in game, that's when I do all my looting, like a boss. I can navigate through all the major cities in pitch black darkness just making out the tops of buildings. I've never been killed at night by players, very rarely by zombies (One time when I just went rambo through town, got stuck on a million fences and roadblocks).

It's pretty frustrating if you do get a zombie on you though, if you can't find something to lose them on and go prone, you can't even shoot them without throwing out a flare.

Edited by BananaMartyr

I'd love to play at night, but I would only play in numbers (Hectic life so no time for meetings and arranging things) Some of the best footage I've seen is from night time play.

And in 2 month of playing I cannot find any NVG's (Got an L85 AWS though field of view too poor to enjoy the night) If I had some NVG'S I wouldn't mind playing at all, apart from the dark, as it is bloody terrible.

I only play at night.

Most recently I got by without NVGs.

If you use your lights with caution, you'll be just fine.

If you're reckless, you'll risk getting hurt, day or night.

Last night a bandit passed me close enough to hear her little bandit heart.

Trained my M4 at the back of her head and watched her slowly fade from my sights.

Easy pickings, but I'm no bandit.

It's cool for about 20 minutes or maybe if you're in a town but after that it is boring not being able to see shit. I got no night vision, no map and no idea. If it was in real life and I couldn't see 1 cm in front of my face I'd go to fucking sleep.

Night is the best time to start a new character. If you die you die and you lose nothing. Whip out the flashlight and have a crack at it.

It would be a little easier if the flashlight didn't need to be in the primary slot just to use it.

Because the screen is black. Even with gamma up and brightness all the way up you can't see enough to make it without exposing yourself to bandits and zombies with a chemlight or flashlight. If you are lucky enough to get a pair of NVGs then you can do a bit more. Night time gives me headaches and it kills the experience for me.

On a side note, if it weren't so annoying, it would be better to play at night.

Zombies do not react to the flashlight. I don't use the chemlight but I imagine its the same.

Yeah zombies don't react to flashlights. Sometimes I just throw flares all over city at the same time so if anybody is trying to find me, they can't tell which part of it I'm looting. Every apartment building I enter I pick up a new 10 set and throw them in every direction. It's pretty fun running around Cherno/Electro with the entire city lit up by flares at night.

I think the game would be alot better without NVG... I mean I understand risk vs reward, but when the reward makes this many people cringe at the thought of playing? I am happy to play at night but stories and videos prove that NVG offer a huge unfair advantage. I think if the playing ground was more even at night, we'd be able to see the truth in who is playing at night because they like it, and who is playing because they have this edge. I already see quite a few stories above that revolve around owning a set of NVG.

No-one has experienced night until they make the run from Elektro, to NW Airfield with your balls on fire. Seriously find some road flares, toss one out and pick it up, then hall ass. You can't avoid towns in fear of zombies or players. Sweep and clear, move fast grab food drink and weapons, but above all else keep that flare rockin. Visibility is great for you and the players watching you saying wtf is he thinking. I have made this trip twice now with a friend, both of us flares in hand.

I've played on a night server a few times and I have had a bit more fun on them then when I was playing on day servers.

Something about having to use the flares and such to see gives it much more atmosphere then when it is day.

I leave because its too fucking dark and my eyes start to hurt from trying to squint to see anything at all. I saw a video of a guy playing in a night server that had full moon and it actually looked playable, because it wasnt so fucking dark, I've never seen full moon myself though in the game.