Sign in to follow this  
decypheriify

My take on the whole PK's need to be punished

First off, I'd just like to say..

They don't.

If you want them to be punished, go find them and do it yourself. Rocket has said many times that he won't be adding any external balancing to the game, if we want balance, we do it ourselves.

On the flip side of that, KoS, has become rampant, I remember a time when I could walk through Cherno and Elektro and meet other friendlies and go have a little adventure, now I get of the coast as soon as possible.

In reality (Yes I do realise this is a game, and therefore cannot be entirely realistic) if a 'zombie' apocalypse were to happen tomorrow, most of us would all be suffering from some form of mental breakdown by the end of the week, as we watched our friends and families get devoured by zombies, whether it be minor or major who knows, that entirely depends on a variety of factors.

Humans are by nature are social, it's how we have developed as a race, yes there are some of us who prefer to live alone, and they do that, but for the most part, we need others around, even if it's just minor interaction.

In an apocalypse, most of us would form groups, depending on the overall morality, mentality and group members, that would determine how that group behaves, if it was a bunch of escaped convicts who lets say, were convicted of armed assault, murder, burglary, etc, grouped together, they aren't exactly going to hold hands and skip merrily through the streets, they are going to murder and rob their way through this apocalypse, with no regard for anything but themselves.

Not everyone who plays DayZ has the same play-style, as an example people say adding in 'insane' effects for kills would punish banditry, the current rampant KoS punishes people who want to try and find other random survivors, if that ever gets added, everyone should suffer from it, but then the people who lone wolf, who wants no other survivor interaction gets punished, there isn't a feature like that, that could be added that wouldn't punish some play-style.

Personally, I want to see something like this added, but in a way that it won't horribly interfere with or force people to change play-styles, it would make DayZ more interesting to play, because as people keep saying, DayZ is turning into 'Another generic Deathmatch! Now with extra zombie flavour!'.

TL:DR - Don't look to Rocket or the Dev's to punish bandits, do it yourself, KoS is rampant, and the rest is just some stuff I threw in which I will probably edit later (To a more readable, stuctured and non want to scoop my brains out of my eyesockets it hurts so much to read, when I'm not at work :D)

Feel free to do all that stuff to posts that you forum people do to posts.

• Like 1

Forming bandit groups against the world is the most obvious and natural thing to do in the game. I'm still hoping there are some gamers who want to play coop so much that they'll join forces to form vigilante/law enforcement groups who are out there just to make some locations sniper-free by force. Laws do not exists, so we have to make up our own and currently the bandits have the upper hand just because most 'friendlies' get amazingly insulted when they find out they are not at the top of the food chain. There are loads of bandit hunters, medics, traders etc out there so organize, people, organize - how can a 6-man bandit outfit stand against an assembled police force of 20 people? (and I want to be in that firefight when these guys decide who controls Cherno) :D

-O