Dill Mac

Help with FPS?

So I went through the very helpful topic of setting up the graphics :

http://dayzmod.com/f...phics-properly/

but my FPS is still frustrating. Quality doesn't mean much to me, so I've been looking for other things to help it. I might have to upgrade my computer is what I'm thinking, but I thought I'd come here first before I started blowing money. I'll post the specs, and I'd really appreciate if you guys could tell me if I need an upgrade, or if there's something else i can tweak or set to improve it. Again, quality isn't a major factor to me. I'm not a computer genius, so I'll post all the computer stuff i can find. Ask me for any other info and I'll post it. Thanks in advance guys! :)

Specs :

64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium 2007

6.00 GB of RAM

AMD Phenom™ 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 (Driver is up to date)

Edited by Dill Mac

NVIDIA GeForce 9100

My computer cried when you wrote this. Terrible card; entry level from 2008. Everything else is "good enough" if you managed to get a better graphics card.

My computer cried when you wrote this. Terrible card; entry level from 2008. Everything else is "good enough" if you managed to get a better graphics card.

Thanks for the quick response! Well what would you reccomend for my computer at the moment then?

Don't know if it helps but ping and amount of players in the game is also pretty important. Seems like a smoother ride on less populated servers and better pinged servers.

As far as the card goes, you could get an upgrade for a decent one pretty cheap.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?lowprice=25&highprice=49.99&keywords=GeForce%20GT%20430&cat=&mnf=

Edited by Convoy

Thanks for the quick response! Well what would you reccomend for my computer at the moment then?

It all depends on your budget. Any card over $200 would probably be bottlenecked by the rest of your system, so at least you've got a workable ceiling to stay under.

Try putting everything low or off except for Video Memory, always leave that at default.

Someone else said Tigerdirect, so I'm going to have to say Newegg. :)

Something like this would be "alright"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150599

Pretty much anything would be an upgrade for you video card wise, however. Also, I'm unfamiliar with the PCIE 3.0 achitecture, but 2.1 and 2.0 were backwards compatible. Check your Mobo specs to see if it will play nicely with any new card :) .

Also, I hope you have a 500+ Watt power supply, and not some cheapo $29.99 350W one.

Any of the PCIe 3.0 cards wouldn't saturate a PCIe 2.0 bus as far as I'm aware so you needn't worry about that. You can use 3.0 cards with 2.0, yes.

I managed to play reasonably well (on low graphics) with a 5650 in my laptop before upgrading to a new desktop. Any card around $150-$200 would have a fighting chance at playing this game much better than you currently do. Just ensure the rest of your system is compatible and your power supply is able to handle the upgrade, etc.

Unsure about that cpu but you could always try overclocking to reduce the "bottleneck" with a new GPU if you don't want to buy a new system.