Sign in to follow this  
kragz

Do zombies have different aggro range on diff servers?

Or is it part of the buggy play? Sometimes I can crawl right past one, other times i can be prone and still, and a zombie from down the street will be running at me...

Also, what is the best difficulty to play? Some people I have seen say that recruit servers have name tags (lame if you ask me) while others say that is false

I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes it seems I can run up and give the Z a high five and other times they can spot me from 300m out while I'm crouch walking.

I prefer regular difficulty servers but that's just me.

• Like 1

Is it maybe to do with server settings of Recruit/Veteran etc, like with not being able to see self on some servers?

Yes they do but it depends on ping most of the time not the actual difficultly. I love to play on the level above vetern with no 3rd person view, i think its hard core? But yea just usually vetern :)

i think it has something to do with lag. I've seen zombies from 100m away spoting me and than attacking air 5m away from me.

In the latest patch zombies have a random chance of seeing you at a distance, so this is most likely why. Stay out of their line of sight as much as possible.

Server difficulties are a guide, the admin can chose what to set as enabled/disabled. The difficulty only gives an indication of the defaults. I recommend that you use "DayZ Commander", it allows you to filter what you want and more easily find a server.

I prefer regular difficulty servers but that's just me.

I've also aggroed zombies from a crouched, not moving stance from quite the distance only for me to run somewhere and go some places and they instantly stop following me. Once aggoed a zombing from like 1 meter away, backed into a corner of a house, and he instantly walked away. Broke my legs with my flashlight out and crawled to a zombie begging to be killed, had 5 different zombies attack me once at different times all to walk away like a bored bear after hitting me 1-3 times.

So who in the dayz dev team told you all it was to do with lag? I find zombies spawn in like mad as soon as I arrive and lag or no lag they run faster than me, can catch me from a distance and that's frustrating. Just got to put up with it until I get smarter and get a quiet weapon. :)