Sign in to follow this  
BlksnshN

You were kicked off the game

I can not connect to any servers. Every time, I get a "You were kicked off the game" message.

Someone mentioned in another thread that this could be caused by not having the correct version of the game, but I do not know how to apply updates to ArmA or DayZ. This is my first steam game.

Can anyone help?

I've been playing for the last three days with no problems. This issue has started today.

EDIT: Okay, DayZ commander is saying that my ARMA II is out of date. I'm downloading the newest version now, I think. This is all very new to me.

Edited by BlksnshN

Update your game to the newest patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Close steam and your Six launcher.

Open Steam as Administrator

Verify both files of Arma 2, and Arma 2 OA.

To Verify, go In steam, right click the game > "Properties" > "Local Files" > "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"; Do this for BOTH Arma II and Arma II OA.

To verify that you have the latest beta patch, open Six Updater, scroll to "@DayZ" > right click > "Install or update mod"

Open both games and close them off. (Updates game files i believe)

Open Six Launcher

Verify - And enjoy!

This seems to fix pretty much every error I come across :)

(Thanks for FunkyHermitCrab for the clarification - Updating post for others!!)

Edited by Naonak
  • Like 4

Be sure you have the latest beta patch.

How do I do that? I'm very new to PC gaming. Thank you.

"Verify both files of Arma 2, and Arma 2 OA."

How do I go about doing that? I don't see a verify option anywhere on steam.

Edited by BlksnshN

How do I do that? I'm very new to PC gaming. Thank you.

"Verify both files of Arma 2, and Arma 2 OA."

How do I go about doing that? I don't see a verify option anywhere on steam.

In steam, right click the game > "Properties" > "Local Files" > "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"; Do this for BOTH Arma II and Arma II OA.

To verify that you have the latest beta patch, open Six Updater, scroll to "@DayZ" > right click > "Install or update mod"

Edited by FunkyHermitCrab
  • Like 1

Sorry - Should have explained the verification better!

That's quite alright, I'm sure most people here know that kind of stuff. However, I am an XBox noob and this is my first PC capable of playing games.

Okay, after verifying arma II I get a pop up message stating. "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired".

That error just says that steam found the problem, and will download an update - You'll get that message, but just ignore it :)

• Like 1

Now, when I try to launch it says, "bad serial number given at setup". :(

Close steam down, and open it as administrator. (Right click it, launch as admin)

Then open both Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA once each, and close them right away.

Then open Six Launcher, click Verify - then it should be fixed :)

• Like 3

It could always be asshole "clan servers" that kick anyone who isnt sporting their clan tag. I find making another profile on Arma2 with their tag on it and screwing them over always works.

That seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you both. You shall have my beans.

• Like 2

Beans for being a over all good person.

Yup.

Fantastic reward, lol.

Edited by BlksnshN

Ah thanks, that explains a lot. When I turned on my pc today it announced "Arma2 is updated". I had no idea. :)

Thank you all for the responses, and thank you again especially for not being dicks in regards to helping out us noobs when we come across an issue that we don't know how to resolve. Thank you both again, you shall have my beans. :)

Can somebody possibly help me out with this problem? I don't use Six Updater/Six Launcher because a friend of mine that I play with instructed me to use DayZCommander. On the top right it has versions, once you click on versions it states that both Arma 2 and DayZ are out of date and below it you can click install latest revision/patch. When I try and click on those buttons nothing happens, it doesn't even recognize that Im trying to click. Should I just use Six Updater/Six Launcher or just use DayZCommander. I'm not sure which one is better or what not so hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction or give me some advice. Thank you in advance.

Get Six Launcher/Updater. The will install the update. I have never used DayZCommander but if you like it better than Six Launcher then use it after you have updated with Six Updater.

I would keep both just in case one explodes for some reason.

Get Six Launcher/Updater. The will install the update. I have never used DayZCommander but if you like it better than Six Launcher then use it after you have updated with Six Updater.

I would keep both just in case one explodes for some reason.

This pretty much!

Even if you don't use it, Six Launcher is, in my eyes, awesome for letting me know when I need updates, and whether I need to verify or anything like that :)

I tried DayZ Commander like you, Sketchyy, but like you turned away from it for the lack of being able to update it :)

It's always useful to have both for things like this, and incase one of them dies for a while and you want to play in the meantime!

All the steps given fixed my issue of getting kicked, now my game just says LOADING forever after i join a server?? any help?