The Killing Joke

You, you and you. You are all part of the problem.

I completely agree with Hard on this his style of play and how to approach other survivors. Ever since I've made it north after my noobier escapades when first starting out I now typically go days without dieing or even seeing other survivors.

Though now I've grown accustom to playing with a group which in itself has its own merits and peculiarities and warrants a completely different style of play.

Be the change you want in the world. Stop shooting and claiming you "need to", and start trying to find ways to identify if someone would shoot you or not. Observe, collect data, and act on that intel. It'll save you a lot of headache than just running up to someone asking "friendly" and finding out you were wrong.

-amen brother-

You do not understand the issue at hand at all. The issue is' date=' we knew who was going around murdering people for sport. It was functional. It kept the peace between trustworthy players and murdering scum.

Sure there was the issue with random survivors PK'ing others, but it was manageable if we knew who was doing it consistently for the wrong reasons. Now we have no idea who is going around doing this at all and it causes a huge trust issue for everyone.

[/quote']

Oh boo hoo. I'm tired of seeing this shit. This is not an issue at all. If anything, it is more realistic this way. The last thing this mod needs is more aid for the My-Little-Pony worshipping kiddies. We already made that mistake even implementing the bandit skin. I'm sure some will disagree with me though, but this is my opinion and I stick to it.

I disagree with OP.

I know a great player and I play with him using skype.I mean great - his aim is not perfect and tactics dont always work - but he values person's life and spent time,so usually when we saw other players before skin chage we let them go away uf they were not bandits(and we might let bandits get away as well if they actually asked us not to shoot).

But even he finds it extremely hard to make a contact with someone without getting shot up,so he said "screw it,I'll avoid or shoot everyone".

tl;dr version?

TL;DR: People are quoted as saying' date=' "removing the morality system is going to turn everything into a deathmatch, and that's bad", and immediately following it up with, "so because I can't magically see if a person is trustworthy, I will instead SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE, first."

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

[/quote']

My hope is that the rampant PKing will eventually lead to player-driven gangs/squads either "enforcing the peace" or "raping and pillaging the land"..

Until that time, I'm gonna have to take those beans please =)_

This game is about fighting for resources, where the strongest survive and the weakest perish. Darwinism at it's finest I say.

Anyone who is going for the same loot as me is a competitor in my eyes, and therefore a hazard to my survival, because he is either getting the resources I need first, or a possible shooter.

One way or another, I shoot them, unless he's a friend of mine. I have no problem with others doing the same, and I wouldn't be angry at his choice for killing me if I lose the fight for survival.

People need to learn to deal with this harsh reality. The world isn't forgiving, and neither should I (or anyone else) be.

Creating a personalised skin with each profile you use in game would help get to know players, I agree a skin should not determine who I want to kill or work with.

Having a player tagged as a Free target to anyone they discharged a firearm near would balance fairness as anyone who fires at or around me with no warning shout is a valid target in real life too imo.

Having a player tagged as a Free target to anyone they discharged a firearm near would balance fairness as anyone who fires at or around me with no warning shout is a valid target in real life too imo.

I agree with this. I think that if you're close enough to be chewed on by a zed' date=' they need to make some type of 'judgement call' on who to target. I'm tired of shooting at someone, watching as a zed comes screaming up behind them, only to push him out of the way and munch on [i']my ass.

Oh, and on a personal note Horr1d, why aren't you playing as Ricky Spanish??!

Ok' date=' I'm going to say it. IT IS YOUR FAULT.

What am I reading here? I have read [i']countless posts in a number of threads with players complaining that the arbitrarily assigned Bandit Skins are going away, and that this reduces their trust in their fellow players.

Given. That is the case. They are going away. Trust may be diminished. If that is your hangup, I am here to let you know that it is your hangup and not necessarily anyone else's.

But, here is what I have a problem with. The almost inevitable follow-up comment to, "I'm going to have trouble trusting other people..." seems to be, "SO, I'M JUST GOING TO START SHOOTING THEM IN THE FACE."

Well! Ain't that a big fucking kick in the ass? You, you and you. You're being all high and mighty, saying that because you don't know if the person you're looking at isn't going to shoot you first, that you're going to shoot them, first!

If you have posted this, or thought this, then I put it to you that YOU, YOURSELF, ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM that you are complaining about.

Things have not changed. The person holding the gun trained on you is the exact same as the person you looked at yesterday. He may shoot you, he may not. You may shoot him, you may not. Every situation you are in will give you the exact same question of "do I shoot this person or not?" The only difference is, now you do not know anything of this person's past experiences.

So, if you choose to shoot first, the blood is on you. If you're crying about this becoming a "deathmatch, that just happens to contain zombies" in one breath, and then saying, "so I'll just shoot everybody first", then you are proving your own point.

Your game will become a deathmatch. You'll be able to come onto the forums and post, "I told you so", and you will be responsible.

Congratulations.

I, for one, won't be choosing to play that way. I will choose to stand above that thinking, and work around those players who want to devolve, only to serve their own, sad little egos and to tell everybody else how 'right' they were.

I know there are other players out there who share my way of thinking, and who try and play their game to a higher level. The ArmA 2 engine, and the DayZ Alpha mod affords everyone so much more by way of gameplay, and I will not be one who chooses to marginalize it.

Take a harsh look at yourself, and your actions. We all wear the same skin, and all have to make the same tough choices. What makes you any better than him?

Govern yourself accordingly.

I agree with you, usually the way is see those statements is this way:

"If you change this feature the game will lose it's popularity and i will be the first one to contribute to it's downfall"

And yes it reads like blackmail.

Wether players realise it or not, the choices we make as a community WILL shape the future of the DayZ experience. If the game devolve in mindless deathmatch, as some profess, they need to remember that if they aren't part of the solution, they are part of the very problem they are describing.

I love hearing the complaints from people playing the game, about the people killing other people.

lol.

This isn't World of Warcraft.

If WoW allowed for you to just walk up to people and kill them randomly and take their stuff, I might have tried it out!

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Before all the whining, I was a peacemaker, i stalked people to save them/help them out if someone tried to shot them, or they where getting overrun by Z's. It was quite fun to be someone archangel, even though most of the time they had no idéa I was stalking them, and I have actually been killed by multiple people I saved, though that did not stop me.

But now... Now I hunt for the whiners over the sidechannel, and I kill everyone who can feed me some tears!

No whine? Then I have no bullets for you. (Though if I am sent some bullets, I will ofcause return the favor)

But I fully agree with the OP. People not trusting others is their own problem, allot of bandits who got labeled a bandit, in self defence, went on a killing spree, because everyone was gunning for them.

I got a bandit skin on a single self defence attempt, because i shot the crap out of someone with a makrov, and apparently you lost more humanity with every bullet you put in people, or so I've heard. Though that was the only kill I had made before i got my survivor skin back, and decided to slaughter all the whiners on the servers.

To all the whiners about deathmatch, I am comming for you! (Why do you make it so easy for me to find you anyway?! WTH)

Well arn't you a little elitist fucktard.

"I for one will play the game at a higher level"

I'm sorry? How is not shooting people on sight making you a better player? (Rage at OP over, on to serious) When I play with my friends, I'm going to shoot you. No questions asked. Its a bullet in the face and its all over for you.

Why do I do this? I don't want you muscling in on I and my friend's operation, I don't want to have you shooting me in the back. I want you out of the way, quickly.

I don't think there even should be a method for finding out whos a bandit etc: it should all be based on rumors. You meet somebody out in the wilderness who doesn't instantly shoot you in the face (and whom you didn't shoot at) and he says "Careful of these guys up there, they're shooting everybody up". You can choose to trust him, or you can ignore him. Up to you, the game shouldn't be telling you. PLAYERS SHOULD BE. Its the same problem I have with global channels, I think if there is going to be one it should be based around radio channels etc and having to find a radio (even text based radio). Of course, global channels are an entirely different story.

How is it survival when you know who to kill the second you see them?

I, for one, won't be choosing to play that way. I will choose to stand above that thinking, and work around those players who want to devolve, only to serve their own, sad little egos and to tell everybody else how 'right' they were.

And so do I, problem is, the other 49 players lol.

Well arn't you a little elitist fucktard.

No' date=' but please. Do try and keep up.

I'm sorry? How is not shooting people on sight making you a better player? (Rage at OP over, on to serious) When I play with my friends, I'm going to shoot you. No questions asked. Its a bullet in the face and its all over for you.

Feel free to play the game the same way everybody else is. Nobody's stopping you. But feel free to keep your little outbursts to yourself, son. Some of us like to play smarter, and not just 'point and click' our way through everything, k?

"When I play with my friends, I'm going to shoot you. No questions asked. Its a bullet in the face and its all over for you." See: moron.

See, I can do it too! Way to prove my point, Munnkey.

"Way to prove my point, Munnkey"

See: Dick, douchebaggery, general fucking of the community, way to rape somebody else's opinion because they disagree, insulting opinions, so forth.

Carry on digging your hole.

You do not understand the issue at hand at all. The issue is' date=' we knew who was going around murdering people for sport. It was functional. It kept the peace between trustworthy players and murdering scum.

Sure there was the issue with random survivors PK'ing others, but it was manageable if we knew who was doing it consistently for the wrong reasons. Now we have no idea who is going around doing this at all and it causes a huge trust issue for everyone.

[/quote']

Don't be such a 'survivor pussy'. Not every person with a bandit skin got it from just shooting everything that moves. I had mine from defending myself against someone who couldn't shoot (vast majority of players) so I shot him and then everyone, bandit and pussy erm survivor, would shoot me on sight with the reply " Hurr, Durr, well you is a bandit mister and shooting you is what Ima supposed to do, yep, yep so it is!" cos that is how survivors talk.

I'm soooooo glad that the bandit skins have gone for 2 reasons:

1. That I am reset and can stop getting shot from every direction; and

2. Because it pisses you pussy-arsed carebears off sooooooooooooooooo much :D

Amen!

See: Dick' date=' douchebaggery, general fucking of the community, way to rape somebody else's opinion because they disagree, insulting opinions, so forth. Carry on digging your hole.[/quote']

Sigh...

You call me an 'elitist fucktard' because I choose to play the game differently than you? You claim "I'mma gonna shoot you in the face! Hurr hurr..." and easily prove to everybody how shortsighted you are. Here. Here's a lesson in 'simple meta gaming' for you.

Step One: Select the female skin

Why? Well, in a game predominantly played by males, and being an FPS that is normally represented by male characters, it's an anomaly. It may give you a split-second advantage over someone else when they have you in their sights.

Step Two: Play as a girl

Yes. Pretend to be a girl. Play as a girl. Chat as a girl. Download and use a voice-changer to complete the transformation. (This is key - people will NOT believe you're a girl if you're not talking.) Name your character after a faintly remembered female character from a book you might have been forced to read when you were in high school. (Munno, if you're not in high school yet, don't worry - it's coming.) Make people believe you're a girl.

Step Three: Infiltrate

Do whatever you can to join a group. It won't be too difficult, believe me. You just join someone's teamspeak server, say a few lines, and you'll have offers from EVERYWHERE. Once you're in, you need to work your way up the ranks. You'll need to get close to the main players in the group. (If you're working on a clan, for example.) Sign up for their forums. Have a custom E-Mail address with a girl's name. Get in good with a large clan. Everything to this point is also known as "the Long Con".

Step Four: Destroy

When you're finally in, plan your 'victory'. You should, by now, have access to the best weapons, and the trust of those you're playing with. Get as many of the main people in-game as possible. Pick off the ones who don't have access to teamspeak. Pick off the ones that don't talk too much in typed chat first, then the others. Then, pick off the ones who you have access too. Take them all out, from the inside.

Step Five: Laugh and Celebrate

Take screenshots. Come on the forums, and post as your character. Post pictures, and shame them all from the inside. Make a video, and post it on YouTube. Bonus Points: Make them believe YOU WEREN'T WORKING ALONE! (Someone from deep inside their own, working against them?? Unheard of!)

This, my friend, is the way I play the game. Call it 'elitist' all you want. You can make one person cry when you kill their week-old character. I make an entire group cry, when I kill their year-old clan.

My problem with you is that you are acting AS THOUGH YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.

THIS

IS

>>ELITISM<<

and is NOT healthy for the community. Bashing my opinion is also a sign of how you will insult people just to get what you want, again toxic to a good community.

Treating me as though I am some child to be talked down to only heightens the fact that you are not only elitist, but a total dick. You're toxic to the community, and only I seem to be able to look through your eloquence and notice it.

You have repeatedly insulted people who play differently to you, saying you must be the superior master-race of DayZ players, bashing away the filth with your golden divine hammer of godliness, driving home the point of obvious problems with the community, and generally being a complete and total fucktard and elitist while doing so.

Good day sir, and have a good bullet to the face if I meet you.

P.S. How can you say a few lines on a TS server while pretending to be a girl? Saying that you can take down a clan with your almighty skill is also, elitism.

Can we keep this thread even semi-civil? If you don't have anything nice to say don't post at all, how's that?

The OP isn't even civil. Its straight-up insulting to people who play differently to the OP.