forgotten

Disclaimer:

THIS IS FEEDBACK! THIS IS AN ALPHA!

Patch notes said that respawn rates for zombies have been dropped. I just had a ten minute fight at a barn where I know I pulled half the town. That's fine. I headed out to try to loot said town, but the zombies were already thickly spawned.

Rocket, please adjust the rate so we can clear the town for at least 10 minutes or so. Give us some return on expenditure of ammo. Right now I'm killing entire towns if I want to loot one building.

Zombie spawns should be reduced so this may be an actual "glitch" and something worth fixing. I will have to check out my game personally to see a difference.

Either way, the best way to move around zombies is to go prone and sneak around on your belly. It's slower but pretty fool-proof in not attracting them.

For me, zombie spawn seems to be unfixed, spawning new zombies while I killing the old ones.

Zombie amount was honestly perfectly fine with me' date=' Zombie respawn time was what sucked.

[/quote']

THIS THIS THIS!

I loved the Z count in 1.5.7, now I find it seriously lacking, the suspense has been removed entering into a town.

Personally I've been seeing considerably less zombies. I think while the amount has remained the same, the density of the zombie spawns seems to be less concentrated (ie the same amount of zombies take up a wider area).

I did see a little less number of zombies, but they still respawn way too fast.

You can't hope securing a place for more than 10 minutes before they spawn in your back.

I think it would be better if zombies respawned far from players, then slowly get to the players, simulating the further zombies being attracted by the dead ones.

Should have fixed zombie spawn time' date=' not zombie amount.

[/quote']

And this is still not fixed - right now if you are stupid enough to shoot zombies in some lootable building in the center of the village - you are doomed, unless you will switch to PM, cause new and new waves of zombies will come to you, untill you run out of ammo.

Although I love this glitch - I like to shoot like 40+ zombies in one village with winchester, then switch to my PM and kill final 5-10 and then slip out of the village unnoticed by newly spawned zeds which are too far to be aggroed by sidearm. :)

FEEDBACK DISCLAIMER

I concur, zombie count was fine, but the whole town respawning before I have a chance to get out of the building is far far too much. You then possibly have the problem I've had before of the never-ending wave of respawning zombies hearing the shots of you taking care of the ones at the door.

I am also having trouble with zombies spotting me in the two story barns, for some reason. I'm walking in crouch, and some random zombie who doesn't have LoS on me at all alerts and I have to either log, or deal with the whole town even though I was being careful. Something isn't right.

No idea why they reduced the amount of zombies in the recent patch when the amount was just fine, and the re-spawn rate is the thing that is ridiculous. You kill one and two will take its spot as it is right now.

no problem at all with z's but the respawn is crazy. I died in Zelenogorsk after seeing off nearly 30 of them, trying to find a box of matches cause my body temperature was plummeting - didn't even warm up with about 14 z's hounding me after all ammunition was spent..

I agree with most of the sentiments in this thread. After 1.5.8 zed density seems to have decreased but the zed spawn rate seems to have increased. At least in my experience.

Just yesterday, I was reconnecting due to the FPS issue while two of my buddies were looting a small industrial area. They eventually grabbed some agro and started to pop off some zeds, eventually they spent all their ammo trying to fight their way out of the area because the zeds would spawn right on top of them. This wasn't even a big area.

Although the spawn rate can be revisited the zed density was GREAT the way it was before. Moving through a village was intense! My play style (when solo, which is often) has always been the sneaky sneaky type, I would use my weapons as a last resort when it comes to zeds.

More Zombies = good.

Zombies spawning in on you in a continuous wave like a tower-defender game is a little over the top.

Lots of zombies make things feel dangerous and fun. I'd rather fight 30 zombies then have 10 coming constantly over and over. Sometimes it's fun with the flow of them, but sometimes it's a bit silly.

*Edit*

Admittedly I'm a bit torn. In some ways the danger and risk from being constantly swarmed is appealing. And in some ways it isn't.

I think before the number of zombies can be drastically increased, something must be done to their speed and pathfinding.

Fighting a hundred zombies, i'm ok for this. Fighting a hundred zombies running, why not ?

But fighting a hundred zombies who runs in zigzag and avoid me ? It may be a little too much for me.

I think before the number of zombies can be drastically increased' date=' something must be done to their speed and pathfinding.

Fighting a hundred zombies, i'm ok for this. Fighting a hundred zombies running, why not ?

But fighting a hundred zombies who runs in zigzag and avoid me ? It may be a little too much for me.

[/quote']

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its been stated by several times that the "zigzag" is how Arma 2 does the path-finding, and now amount of scripting can correct it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but I believe its been stated by several times that the "zigzag" is how Arma 2 does the path-finding, and now amount of scripting can correct it.

[/quote']

I really don't know. However, I tried the Chernarus Apocalypse Level Pack and while the zombies there do zig-zags as well it is to a much lower extent. As an example:

Maybe that's only because they're a bit slower than the zombies in DayZ, don't know, but it definitely plays better.

Zombie count is perfect imho. but what really chaps my ass is when zed just pop up out of no where like 5 feet from you while crouching through a town you just cleared. This totally sucks cause you don't even have enough time to go prone - next thing you know I'm in the middle of a horde....

I would be cool if they had an animation and had zed crawling up out of the ground to give players enough time to hide instead of magically appearing out of thin air without warning.

If no spawn animation can happen I think a fair intern stopgap would be to have the zed "de-activated" for the first 3-5 sec after spawning to allow us players a moment to at least go prone. That and maybe have the zed let out a distinctive moan or scream signifying they are ready to eat your delicious human flesh.

Not trying to make this game "easy", just a little more fair being that so much realism has been taken into account already; something about magically spawning zed out of thin air 5 feet in front of you is a little tough to swallow not to mention annoying.

Thoughts???

Should have fixed zombie spawn time' date=' not zombie amount.

[/quote']

This, make the zombie count 1000+, make the respawn time (not time to first spawn) about 20 minutes.