zxrtommo

UK11 - Whitelist Request "109.70.149.71"

Before posting please read, thanks.

I am not only asking for my server to be white listed but for a developer to have a little look over the files as apparently something was sending multiple messages to the SQL.

I will list below the reason I was banned along with quotes for why it was blacklisted because obviously i'm going to get some hate due to making rocket work on something he didn't have to.

Firstly I was blacklisted for "

Displaying vastly incorrect time. Reports of person claiming to be the server owner who said they had been able to figure out how to lock the time in place.
" - http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4475 - what I meant to say was that I was doing this "
So after much silliness, a brand new EU server has appeared, and due to popular demand, I'll be doing my best to keep it PermaDay, meaning I'll be periodically adjusting the server time to keep it daylight, at least at this time of the month where darkness is nigh impossible.
" -http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3863 -

Next I will be stating my actions throughout the day as I had the server whitelisted for roughly 16 hours.

At roughly 10am GMT I started the three executables I was supposed in chronological order as stated in the email I recieved.

If you need to restart, or it crashes. Pretty straight forward to get it up again, all shortcuts are on your desktop. Just run Hiveauth, then Hive, then start_dayz.bat file.
After starting it up it ran well for roughly 2 hours on which I played then it crashed. I then tried to bring it back up the way I was told on the email which didnt work as I had the same problem as this guy - http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4845 - http://imgur.com/bDhSE - (That wasnt the exact thread I read but I cant find the exact one so that will have to do) Everytime it was like that but I left the server locked so that roughly 10 randomers and I could get in quicker to see if we could spawn which after approximately 20 minutes we did; in the debug area and we were invisible so I restarted again and again every time we spawned in the debug.

At roughly 12:30pm I read this thread - http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2922 - and read through method 2

I made this small application for watching my server and restarting it when/if it crashes! I also added a feature to restart the hive every x minutes. Keep in mind its still in the works!!
So I restarted Hive just after the server came up and success it worked and worked for most of the day.

At 6pm - 7pm the server crashed so I restarted it the way I did the previous time only for it to come up at night and by night I mean couldn't see your hand in front of your face night. I then popped back up the fourms and reread this - - After reading it I then closed down the server, hiveauth and hive and then changed the server time on the box. After changing the time on the box (To about 9am) I restarted the whole box and reran the server which then worked. I promptly stopped playing after seeing it work and played something else. I received an email from Matt at 10:42 stating that I had been bragging that I had figured out how to stop day and that my server had been doing something strange to the SQL. We then emailed each other back and forth until we got to the bottom of it, so this is my request to get my server whitelisted again.

Regards, Tommo.

TL;DR -> Read it, please.

C'mon guys, start replying to this :)

You can see how mature he is, if he has taken the time out of his day to write that, and you can see clearly that it was an accident.

I see no reason why his server shouldn't be whitelisted

I'd need more information on this before knowing what to make of it, not that my opinion actually matters towards whitelisting:

1. Did you actual alter the mission file, or change the server environment time?

2. Were you aware of the damage it could cause to the SQL database, or any problems that might arise from changing the mission file?

3. Alternately, were you notified later that these alternations needed to be rolled back immediately, and dawdled on doing so?

I'd need more information on this before knowing what to make of it' date=' not that my opinion actually matters towards whitelisting:

1. Did you actual alter the mission file, or change the server environment time?

2. Were you aware of the damage it could cause to the SQL database, or any problems that might arise from changing the mission file?

3. Alternately, were you notified later that these alternations needed to be rolled back immediately, and dawdled on doing so?

[/quote']

The answer to all three of those questions are no.

To answer number two however I have had limited use with SQL as im really quite shite as anything to do with computers that isnt hardware based however I was hosting a few servers that used them locally and expected no problems to arise.

And to answer to number three I literally emailed within 5 minutes of receiving the email.

Also, I do not want to be hosting any more.

1. Did you actual alter the mission file' date=' or change the server environment time?

[/quote']

I know you no longer wish to host, but if you would satisfy an idle curiosity I have, if you neither altered the time on the server itself (that is, in Windows) nor by opening the PBO, where exactly did you lock the time?

1. Did you actual alter the mission file' date=' or change the server environment time?

[/quote']

I know you no longer wish to host, but if you would satisfy an idle curiosity I have, if you neither altered the time on the server itself (that is, in Windows) nor by opening the PBO, where exactly did you lock the time?

I did alter the time on the server itself ^^ That was however a mistake. What I meant by permaday was that I would come on every 12 hours and reset it to 8am on the server box.