Sign in to follow this  
MiNdl3sS

remove l85aws, add thread rating

simple suggestion:

remove l85 aws from the game, and add thermal goggles which would be the rarest item in the game. say twice as rare as nvg's, and only spawn at heli crashes.

what do people use the l85 for? just the thermal, its a pretty crap gun otherwise with its 4x zoom and weird accuracy

second suggestion is to add BEAN ratings for threads on this forum, so just like stars on steam forums, people can rate the threads on here with beans :D

feedback pls

3rd suggestion is to add a lootable notepad, with say 5 sheets on which u can write whatever you want, and then have an option to leave a note to any gear pile, as well as tents/vehicles.

when someone comes across it theyll bne able to pick it up and read what's on there

Thermal goggles usually breaks the purpose of using it to scout. Same as nightvision goggles, they are more effective as scopes.

Its very difficult to use a weapon sight(especially enhanced ones) on rifles while wearing nvgs or thermal goggles,

im a noob?

http://s7.postimage.org/nfrnxkod5/image.png

http://s17.postimage.org/x4r5ui48t/oa2.png

Thermal goggles usually breaks the purpose of using it to scout. Same as nightvision goggles, they are more effective as scopes.

Its very difficult to use a weapon sight(especially enhanced ones) on rifles while wearing nvgs or thermal goggles,

ahh, perhaps i meant thermal binocs, used only for scouting. just like the rangefinder, you pull it out once, look around, then whip out your primary weapon. that adds more balance in my opinion

simple suggestion:

Don't use weapons you don't like.

i don't

• Like 2

just the thermal, its a pretty crap gun otherwise with its 4x zoom and weird accuracy

Its not a 4x zoom, its a full blown scope :P

Press the + on your numpad and it will zoom farther =)

Gratz you just learned how to zoom with that AS50 you most likely took from coast camper that you killed in the first couple of hours of your char (33 zed kills and full geared)

Also its VERY accurate for an assault rifle!

Been popping of ppl at 7-800m and a guy in my squad did an EXTREAMLY clean one shot head shot at a player from 800m! (even if i prefer the take out my as50 from my bag at long distances when i go for the kill)

And how the hell did u manage to get 25 murders and not one single bandit kill? coast camp much?

Also, have you ever used an l85? that thermal would be really crappy as a goggles

im a noob?

http://s7.postimage....xkod5/image.png

http://s17.postimage...r5ui48t/oa2.png

ahh, perhaps i meant thermal binocs, used only for scouting. just like the rangefinder, you pull it out once, look around, then whip out your primary weapon. that adds more balance in my opinion

i don't

Thats very easy to get gear try getting a CAR to prove how good you are Otherwise your a noob...

Its not a 4x zoom, its a full blown scope :P

Press the + on your numpad and it will zoom farther =)

Gratz you just learned how to zoom with that AS50 you most likely took from coast camper that you killed in the first couple of hours of your char (33 zed kills and full geared)

Also its VERY accurate for an assault rifle!

Been popping of ppl at 7-800m and a guy in my squad did an EXTREAMLY clean one shot head shot at a player from 800m! (even if i prefer the take out my as50 from my bag at long distances when i go for the kill)

And how the hell did u manage to get 25 murders and not one single bandit kill? coast camp much?

Also, have you ever used an l85? that thermal would be really crappy as a goggles

i know how to zoom in and out. i would zero it in properly and try to shoot a zed, and it will miss a few times before it finally hits. i don't suck at shooting either.

and no, i don't camp the east coast, i camp the NW airfield, how no bandit kills i don't know, maybe they don't like to come up there much to loot? or wait, maybe the whole bandit tag is broken, that seems more likely.

full gear came from me and my squad raiding a clan camp, taking down 3 people inside, 2 of which i killed but did not get credit for because they dc'd instantly. and from ambushing a bus of 6 earlier, with only 1 casualty on our end, then taking it and another sedan to do donuts at the airfield.

i know how to zoom in and out. i would zero it in properly and try to shoot a zed, and it will miss a few times before it finally hits. i don't suck at shooting either.

and no, i don't camp the east coast, i camp the NW airfield, how no bandit kills i don't know, maybe they don't like to come up there much to loot? or wait, maybe the whole bandit tag is broken, that seems more likely.

full gear came from me and my squad raiding a clan camp, taking down 3 people inside, 2 of which i killed but did not get credit for because they dc'd instantly. and from ambushing a bus of 6 earlier, with only 1 casualty on our end, then taking it and another sedan to do donuts at the airfield.

Nha the bandit thingy aint broken :P i usely get about 50/50 on the murders and bandit kills :P

So let me see if i got it...

Your raded a camp with ppl in it and took em down and ambushed a buss with 6 people in it without getting one single kill!

And this make you 1337 cuz u getz epicz!

if you got nothing productive to say about my suggestion, then gtfo, troll

I have a motorbike, an ATV and a Skoda... none of which I stole from anyone else. I fixed them all.

I have 12 jerry cans full, all fuel is full.... 4 tents and a bunch of guns, ammo, food, water, and meds.

This was done in 2 nights with 2 other friends... we are all "noobs" at DayZ, but know how to survive in real life. Some "fully stacked l33t guy" tried to take us down and we fucked him up hard.

Having "stuff" doesn't make you a good player.

On Topic: Never used it... so can't really comment. Hope to find one some time.

~Sol

Edited by Sol
  • Like 2

I have a motorbike, an ATV and a Skoda... none of which I stole from anyone else. I fixed them all.

I have 12 jerry cans full, all fuel is full.... 4 tents and a bunch of guns, ammo, food, water, and meds.

This was done in 2 nights with 2 other friends... we are all "noobs" at DayZ, but know how to survive in real life. Some "fully stacked l33t guy" tried to take us down and we fucked him up hard.

~Sol

Aww man! its really epic! Makes it really easy top spot player! they just light up on the screen if you pass em with the scope!!

nobody said anything about being good or not good. that all depends.

there are some people who like to troll calling others noobs without knowing them at all, which is why i proved otherwise with my above posts, which i wish i didn't even have to because its not about me, i want to help improve the mod

i laid out 3 suggestions here, lets get back on topic:

1: get rid of l85aws, and add thermal binocs instead which are very very rare. this removes the "OP" part of teh weapon where you can see in thermal vision and shoot at the same time, whilst retraining thermal ingame

2: add beans as stars to rate threads on this forum

3. add a lootable notepad so you can leave notes around that others can pick up and read. would be fun imo

No you did not prove anything...

All you did was feeding the troll and got all cocky... This is what i was flaming you for!

Also, you just said it was a crappy gun and now its OP?

Its overpowered for spotting and optimal up to about 3-400m...

If u ask me thermal binocs would be more OP since i almost never use the L85 at any greater ranges!

This would let me carry a more powerful close range wep!

The L85 is pretty crapy at close range and i need to trust my G17 when i could just carry a silenced M4 as a secondary if i had binocs!

Yes the L85 is truly epic! But its also VERY space consuming considering its limitations on what range it preforms well at!

nobody said anything about being good or not good. that all depends.

I wasn't directing that at you.

Use the search next time.

I hate people like you. What the hell does that even mean anyway? Spam post, IMO unless you put some key phrases that yield actual results, or link to the other threads in question. If I was a moderator, I'd temp ban you for spamming.

On Topic: Speaking of notepads, I noticed you can write on the map if you find one... but then other players can also see what you've written :/ A personalized notepad would be nice, especially if it had a map overlay.

~Sol

Well, now that you concede being a camper, i understand your point in removing the only weapon that could possibly locate you from a safe distance. It really makes your ghillie useless, doesn't it? :D

• Like 1

Gratz frank! you just earned your first beans :D

Edited by Stuprör
  • Like 1

Simple suggestion, make Night Vision (NVG) and Thermal Goggles (TI) require batteries to operate so that people can't keep them on constantly, IRL you'd need to change NVG every 3-4 nights and TI every night.

i wonder why you want the l85 removed, but you are fine with as50, a one shot kill rifle with 1km+ range.

could it posibly be because the l85 can spot your rat hideout sniper camping spot? i wonder!

Edited by Ganjastar

~Sol

Agreed I wouldn't call my self a good player I have stumbled across a camp while trying to cut into cherno I have l85 as50 PDW and plenty of ammo for all binocs range finder ghille and a satchel charge with a backpack (20 slots) and I marked the place in cords so I can return when I need to I have died plenty and have killed 2 players alltogether trust me stuff doesn't dictate skill level beans for whoever red wall of text

your idea of removing the l85 AWS from the game and to had a simple google is retarded. Let me explain why:

the l85 aws is a shitty weapon, with close to no accuracy, takes 10 slots in your backpack for just a scouting tool.

And you want to remove that weapon to had a google. Place taken in your backpack? none. Will you have to change your weapon to finally be able to kill that threat? Nop

Your idea is terrible.