Sign in to follow this  
worsin

Defcon Servers are making Dayz Look Terrible

You need to revoke the rights that Defcon Hosting has on selling your products hosting.

They do not fulfill what they promise.

I went to their site to ask some presales questions and was helped within seconds but as soon as i made a payment and ordered a server they stop responding and do not help with issues.

My server still isnt live. They lie about 24/7 service, it doesnt exist.

They told me it would be set up and ready to go in 30 min and its now been 20 hours and im now trying to get a refund because they dont respond to tickets.

I ordered teamspeak at the same time as this and they still havent sent the login info for my server. I submitted a ticket to them about it and instead of answering it they closed the ticket unresolved with no response.

They are horrible and if your thinking of getting a server DO NOT USE DEFCON AT ANY COST.

I do not want to comment to much on this as but I have a few to remind everyone of.

1. As of this time there is not a "GSP Program, Official Hoster, Certified, etc" for server hosts.

2. Any iInstance IDs, Location IDs, and whitelisting that any company may receive is done through our support portal at support.dayzmod.com just like every other server host, whether they host 1 or 100 servers.

There's no need jumping to conclusions. If you could PM me your name I will check into it. Any server orders that came in yesterday have been provisioned. It's possible the email just needs to be resent or was sent to your spam/junk folder.

There's no need jumping to conclusions. If you could PM me your name I will check into it. Any server orders that came in yesterday have been provisioned. It's possible the email just needs to be resent or was sent to your spam/junk folder.

I have already contacted Paypal for a refund as you people do not do as you say and seeing the threat that was clearly made against a fellow gamer i will not do business with you... EVER.

Also you are ignoring the bulk of my message. Provisioning a teamspeak isnt the heart of the issue. Its being completely ignored in Tickets.

I happen to own a hosting company and i use WHMCS your same billing system so i am intimately familiar with your ticket system and i know there is no margin for error in regards to this.

Your staff simply closed my ticket on my teamspeak server without even verifying that is was handled.

Try again friend

IMO Defcon owes me and the DayzMod community an apology for such service.

Refund my money in compliance with my dispute and we are good. Fail to do so and we will be testing the quality of your legal department. I can assure you mine is of the highest caliber.

Good day Defcon

BTW ill leave you with something that reminds me of your company.

You may want to have a little sit down with the providers that are hosting DayZ then because they may not outright be claiming to be "official" hosts but there's very particular wording either on these forums or on their website that may trick people into thinking that they are affiliated with the DayZ mod in some way. I actually did have a host tell me they were an "official" provider, but that's neither here nor there.

I think the main problem, at least for someone like me who's only been following this mod for about a month or two, is that we don't know any better because there's no official stickied post from a moderator or admin stating this.

1. As of this time there is not a "GSP Program, Official Hoster, Certified, etc" for server hosts.

2. Any iInstance IDs, Location IDs, and whitelisting that any company may receive is done through our support portal at support.dayzmod.com just like every other server host, whether they host 1 or 100 servers.

There are, however, stickies from other unaffiliated community members and more importantly some of these server hosts that ARE stickied, which only seems to reinforce this misconception that there indeed are "official" DayZ hosts. The closest sticky I found related to the subject by a mod team member is this one and it's directed at contributions and donations.

I'm not sure how to respond to you about this KGoBlin when the post you link to clearly states opposite?

Please Note: Nothing in this section constitutes endorsement of any donation to a provider of servers for DayZ. The development team has no arrangement, management, or oversight of any contributions.

If that's what that post was intended for then that's my bad, but my idea of a contribution/donation is very different than a payment. I view this post as server owners/renters asking for contributions/donations to keep their personal servers running not as a post for server hosts asking for payments for you renting their servers.

Does that make sense? I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding on my part but typically donations/contributions don't entail getting something in return. That's typically what I would describe as a purchase.

Hosts rent you servers. Clans/communities/private server owners ask for donations to keep *their* servers running. You don't get anything from it. That's why it's a donation.

Hope that clarifies my POV here. I'm not trying to give you a hard time I'm just saying for us new to DayZ and that haven't been here since it's inception, having a clearly defined and comprehensive sticky for all things server related would help out tremendously.

Edited by KGoBlin

I specifically opened this account to relate my experience with these bozos. Five days ago my server went "live" since then it has not been playable for one minute, I am pretty sure customer service is a scripted bot, and it's literally the most horrible company I have ever done business with. I cannot warn you guys away strong enough. Every time me or a friend has tried to log in it has been "the host is running an out of date version please contact dayz mods". They credited me $20 supposedly to my account, but will not refund my initial charge though they have rendered NOTHING on their end but lies and promises. They then had the audacity to say I was running an incorrect version of the game, yeah me and 25 clanmates who play on every server under the sun are ALL running old versions. These guys are charlatans and frauds. I am concerned they may even be a straight up "scam" company and would VERY leary (as I now am) of giving them any financial information. I cancelled my account on the only page that allows you to, and it needs a 7 days heads up before billing, btw, and now its showing that It is "live" not "terminated" as I requested, and I am blocked out of the area where you can cancel now "this action is not allowed". STAY AWAY. WORST COMPANY EVER.