Sign in to follow this  
Puddz

Best way to find NV goggles?

What's the best way to find them?

I know they only spawn in 2 locations. The barracks at the airfield and crash sites, so is it fair to server hop to find them? And how would you go about doing that? How far do you have to go to get the loot to respawn?

From personal experience, I'd say the best way to find them is from another player.

Helicopter crashes rarely spawn with just one. I've found four helicopter crashes within one mile of each other. Don't server hop, just search within a justified radius.

Server hopping is never ok. Don't do it. (please...)

• Like 1

Kill other players at airfield. But only play at night. That way you KNOW they have them.

ive heard they can spawn in deer stands as well, and ive heard rumors of secret buildings in the middle of nowhere that spawn military loot but i think its bs.

if you turn your hdr quality to very high and your gamma and brightness up you dont need them though.

Edited by BobDole

Kill other players at airfield. But only play at night. That way you KNOW they have them.

Would love to do that. But If they have NV goggles and I don't, they are going to kill me pretty easily imo.

Except for the fact that he'll be blind as a bat and they'll see him coming a mile away.

Step 1: Go to NW AF and sit in woods near barracks.

Step 2: Throw chemlights into and around the barracks. They show up bright as hell on NVGs, even outside their view distance.

Step 3: Wait for someone to go into the barracks looking for you.

Step 4: Throw a flare, which immediately blinds the fuck out of them.

Step 5: ?????

Step 6: Profit.

• Like 2

Step 1: Go to NW AF and sit in woods near barracks.

Step 2: Throw chemlights into and around the barracks. They show up bright as hell on NVGs, even outside their view distance.

Step 3: Wait for someone to go into the barracks looking for you.

Step 4: Throw a flare, which immediately blinds the fuck out of them.

Step 5: ?????

Step 6: Profit.

I do believe Step 5 is: Shoot them in the face and take their NVGs.

• Like 5

What a pitty ...

It's always the advice to kill other player to get something ....

Dude just play and if you are lucky you will find those NV's soon. I never killed a player (okay ... I killed a few bandits), but i found some in a tent next to the airfield (okay was hacker stuff ... G36C Sd camo .. no more words needed), but then i found some in the barracks of the airfield .....

Just keep on playing and you will find tehm .. and btw ... as long as it doesnt rain you dont need NV's to find your way at night ..... you can still see enough of the Z's or hear them... so you must be a really bad player if they kill you on night servers

if you turn your hdr quality to very high and your gamma and brightness up you dont need them though.

But thats just lameeee

sometimes server hopping has the less chance to get NVGs because all most everyone does that and the chances are much lower. You can go to a heli crash site and keep killing the pilot zombies. Because they will respawn, the chances are much higher

Search around for some camps on the northern border of chernarus. We tend to find all the best gear up in that area.

op is a Doctor Who fan.. I like him much more since realizing this. ;)

Search around for some camps on the northern border of chernarus. We tend to find all the best gear up in that area.

Best way. I found in game only twice. In barracks and heli crash. Once on dead player, but I found tons of nv in others tents :)

On the body of a dead hacker, I just found my first pair tonight. With them came a M9SD with ammo, M4A3 CCO with ammo, AS50 with ammo, GPS, Range finder, Military flashlight, toolbox, Ghille suit, map, entrenching tool, soldiers clothing, Coyote backpack and a box of matches. I'd just looted Cherno for med supplies, an Enfield, M1911 and loads of ammo. I then headed west trying to find a bus I'd seen out there before. When I came across a Ghillied corpse. I was suspect at first because he had a couple of Nvgs and range finders, but I thought he might be a hoarder so I geared up and made off for the treeline as fast as I could (waiting to be sniped on the way). Later, sitting on the hills looking down into Baloto with the AS50 a couple of thoughts bugged me. First of all I didn't want this weapon, I had the opportunity to pick it up at the NW once before, but left it mainly because I didn't want to be one of these faceless tossers who snipe random punters from a light year away. I haven't actually murdered anybody in Dayz yet, though the urge to KOS for self protection is getting harder to resist, but when and if I do, I want it to be for the right reasons, not just because I can. Secondly, if I am using hacked gear then I might as well just be a hacker. Whether ya hack the gear or are in possession of the hacked gear it's still cheating and wtf is the point of that. Even if ya don't kill other players with it you're still cheating yourself. In which case there's far better things to be doing with your time. Anyway, so I headed north into the wilderness, found a quiet spot and logged out. Obviously the soldiers clothing was the proof I was looking for, so after finding out it's not allowed (even though the rest of the gear technically is) I logged back into a random server and dumped it all under a tree.All except the pack and matches that is, I'll at least need them to carry my meds and cook me some steaks, while I get back to some weapon and food spawns, then I'll dump them too. Yet another nights headfuk courtesy of DayZ, lol thanks! :rolleyes: :D

My friends and I have found tons of NVGs, but only legitimately looted one pair. They're not as rare as people think considering how often people duplicate them and steal them from hacker camps.