funionz

Small Suggestion - Church

Something i've always thought would be a neat addition, when the bell goes off in the church I think it should attract zombies within the range of the sound, might make things very interesting when you're looting a city and all the zombies suddenly make a mad dash down the street (or at least stumble in that direction)

LOL - that would be hilarious. DONG! Oh sh-t...its oh-f-ck thirty! I forgot! Run away! Run away!

You know what, whenever I'm in a church, (whether it's in Chern or Elektro,) and the bell sounds, I also get suddenly defensive. Almost like I'm expecting the bell to attract a bunch of zeds... yet they never do come. It would be nice to see the church bell cause an area of aggression. It might make these major coastal cities more interesting than being a primal place to kill the younger, less intelligent bandits and turn their looted crap in to my starting gear.

Well, given that zed are attracted to sound...it would make sense that this is the very reason there are more zed in towns and cities... They start wandering away eventually...only to be 'called back' by the church bell.

Complete irony...

I agree, and from most YouTube video I've seen on this game, their reactions were the same.

That bell should definitely attracts Zombies to the place, considering how loud it is. This could be a good thing for someone wishing to get out of town, or a bad thing for someone that is currently holding up inside a church. It creates a more dynamic gameplay.

Since the time is most of the time different for everyone(bug I think) this is currently not doable I guess... I think the zeds are server side and the bell is client side.

Since the time is most of the time different for everyone(bug I think) this is currently not doable I guess... I think the zeds are server side and the bell is client side.

No, I don't think so. I could be wrong but I remember checking my watch (in game) *once* to see how close it was to the bells ringing. Very close. Since the watch can tell you when the sun is transitioning from day to night with accuracy I would think that the church bells might also.

Regardless I think it's a GREAT idea. If the bells aren't synced they should be and yes, they should attract zed.

Cool glad you guys like the idea. I was hoping that this sort of thing would make it in, along with some other 'events' that change up the way the zombie population acts, maybe a ship horn on the docks going off randomly that would add an element of danger, lighthouse powering up, maybe somehow incorporate a really great loot area in one of the military bases, but in order to breach it, you have to trigger an air raid siren which sets off the entire place zed wise. Just my 2 cents :D

i always thought the bell could be used as a way to attract zombies and also fellow survivors, friendlys and bandits, it would be a war inside a town filled with zombies, that would be amazing

On a serious side if we make the bell go off and attracting zombies, it would make the town pretty much zombie free because they would all be attracted to it, making it easily accessable and makes it easier to jack loot.

I would add this, but with a certain radius of affect