Sign in to follow this  
Deuzerre

I guess 1911 was a bad year

So, with the Update, it seems my good old trustworthy M1911, that used to one-shot zeds and with a good 7 rounds magazine, but average accuracy got hit hard.

I had to shoot quite a few bullets (sometimes up to 5!) to kill a zed in the torso area. So now I'm back to Makarov tactics of "A bullet in the head".

Since I've shot with a KOBRA too, it doesn't seem that the Zeds have had a HP increase.

And I haven't tried the revolver yet > If I find one, I'll take it even if it does the same damage: It's more accurate and easy to use to do headshots, and just one less round isn't such a hassle.

Did this pistol get nerfed in some way?

I knew I couldn't be the only one having this problem! I made a post about this yesterday, several people said it was working fine for them. I wasted 5 clips testing it on zeds. Then I dumped it and picked up a G17 instead , oh and I managed to pick a M9 SD. Makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one.

Glad to know it's not me going mad. Well, I guess it is somehow good: Either you shoot in the head, or you use bigger weapons, meaning big guns won't be PvP only.

Oh and I tried a revolver and it doesn't one shot kill either. In which case I'm going to stay away from it due to noise level. If I'm not mistaken it took 3 rounds to down a Zed with the revolver center mass.

As pistols go, 1911 is the defining year for most pistol design all the way up to modern times.

Hopefully this is a bug or we get some official statement on the effectiveness of pistols after this recent patch.

I love it when games make pistols shit. Especially simulators!

Shoot urself in the chest and see how long you can survive!

Unless it's an air pistol, 5 shots of any 'pistol' can and will mostly very likely kill you.

Damn developers aint got a clue! (not DayZ specific I mean in general)

• Like 1

I love it when games make pistols shit. Especially simulators!

Shoot urself in the chest and see how long you can survive!

Unless it's an air pistol, 5 shots of any 'pistol' can and will mostly very likely kill you.

Damn developers aint got a clue! (not DayZ specific I mean in general)

Try shooting yourself then healing with a blood bag or eating meat to instantly give back blood.

What makes Arma2 great is that the weapons are modelled accurately as they would be in real life. I think DayZ should NOT mess with this. Keep the pistols as dangerous as they are in Arma2 in general.

A .50 cal round to the chest should drop someone as easily as a .45 shot from a 1911. Anything else is just dumbing things down to be gamey.

I think this a bug, I don't know what the developers are thinking if they did this. I think this applies to other weapons as well, because my AKM seems to take 2 or sometimes even 3 shots to kill a zed when it should only take one. This paired with infinite respawning, walking through walls and aggroing zeds from 50m away makes them very difficult to deal with.

Wasnt it the Arma update not the DayZ update? I havent been online yet today so there might be a DayZ update i havent seen yet.

I agree with the post above. Keep it realistic.

Zombies generally seem to be really glitchy just now, clipping through every damn thing. I wonder if it's them and not the pistols.

Eating meat will give you protein and having a blood transfusion WILL save your life.

I don't see your point.

I wondered why the revolver took two shots to the head on a zed :(

Edited by TheSeriesGamers

Arma OA got updated. Not DayZ, not the "beta" part of Arma. There's no question that it's a bug, it's not mentioned in the patch notes.

They did say the patch included several tweaks and optimizations which should improve DayZ though ^^

Eating meat will give you protein and having a blood transfusion WILL save your life.

I don't see your point.

My point is that getting riddled with bullets and then eating some meat is part of it being a "game". While Arma 2 is a great realistic simulator, it still has to have some balancing of weapon damage, otherwise being one shot all the time would cause a lot of annoyance. I'm not saying there should never be one shot hits, if you get hit with a AK 47 in the head you should die, same with any form of a high ballistic scoped rifle. I'm just saying certain things are unrealistic in this game, because it is a game.

You should make a habit out of shooting for the head, anyway.