magicool

How are we supposed to play this game?

Ok so here it goes:

estimated 2/3 of all servers are running incorrect (mostly old) versions of the game =>red cross

estimated 2/3 of the servers with a yellow dot are in "creating" status always and forever

estimated 2/3 of the servers with a yellow dot and "playing" status have no ping and I'm not able to join ("joining game"/"wait for host")

so some servers I'm able to join are outside my country and have a max. ping restriction => kick after couple of secs (maybe 1/10)

1/3 * 1/3 * 1/3 * 9/10 = 0,033333333333333333333 = 3,3%

so I'm able to join estimated 3,3% of ALL dayz servers?

Edited by Magicool

Find a server you like and use approppriate version(s). You can try downgrading (delete "beta" folder and install older), servers don't update instantly...

Edited by Private Poptarts

Strangely I'm not having a problem. Maybe I'm close to a lot of good servers.

I filter for: the current beta number, do not show full, max ping 100.

I usually have a few dozen to choose from. I'm trying out having a "home" server for a while since I found a vehicle, but that's about it.

I believe red cross means that YOU are running an older version (since I am able to join servers running older beta than mine)

Edited by moriak

Ok so here it goes:

estimated 2/3 of all servers are running incorrect (mostly old) versions of the game =>red cross

estimated 2/3 of the servers with a yellow dot are in "creating" status always and forever

estimated 2/3 of the servers with a yellow dot and "playing" status have no ping and I'm not able to join ("joining game"/"wait for host")

so some servers I'm able to join are outside my country and have a max. ping restriction => kick after couple of secs (maybe 1/10)

1/3 * 1/3 * 1/3 * 9/10 = 0,033333333333333333333 = 3,3%

so I'm able to join 3,3% of ALL dayz servers?

Whats this bad calculation? How can you calculate something with numbers made up?

43% of all servers are running 95251 and 36% of all servers are running 95208. On top of that, 95251 is backwards compatible, allowing you to play on 79% of all servers(these are .62 servers)

Your welcome, now go play.

Would be nice one day to have connectivity to the game and servers made noob friendly, thats for sure. Like have only ONE way to install and update etc.. to ensure EVERYONE is on the same version of the client, mod and server.

Before Six Updater I struggled a little myself a few times, there is and was too many outdated threads on 'how to' regarding installing the mod etc..

It's kind of funny to see your frustration. I have felt the same way.

However, you just need to be patient. Once you find that server that works well. Never forget it!

Just go get dayz commander or six launcher. In my experience version almost doesn't matter since so many servers I've join claim to run versions I can even find to download.

Also. Your math is fucking retarded.

the problem is that many server owners don't update to test the latest version and instead stick to older "more stable" version (oh noes, zombie aggro too much in the new version, let's stick to the old one)

Edited by moriak

the problem is that many server owners don't update to test the latest version and instead stick to older "more stable" version (oh noes, zombie aggro too much in the new version, let's stick to the old one)

It dont matter, the patches are backwards compatible.

not always and even if they are it may still be a source of all kinds of issues

Would be nice one day to have connectivity to the game and servers made noob friendly, thats for sure. Like have only ONE way to install and update etc.. to ensure EVERYONE is on the same version of the client, mod and server.

I'm not a noob because I cant join outdated servers?

But yea would be nice to force servers to update

no

I'm not a noob because I cant join outdated servers?

But yea would be nice to force servers to update

no

Its funny how you respond to things you have no clue of. There has been 2 beta patches that had not been backwards compatible because they were not verified with Battleye, now that we moved to .62 ALL 62 patches have currently been backwards compatible. 62 is not compatible with 61. Stop trolling

if it's funny then why you raging`?

so gtfo with beta patches

I'm mostly talking about 1.7.1.5 or other versions

I even saw servers with 1.5.8

there should be a routine which forces to update

Edited by Magicool

if it's funny then why you raging`?

so gtfo with beta patches

I'm mostly talking about 1.7.1.5 or other versions

I even saw servers with 1.5.8

there should be a routine which forces to update

So you are talking DayZ patches. What you essentially are complaining about, is that 6% of all servers are running 1.7.1.5 god, please just go outside lol.

>Complains that servers are outdated when update was just rolled out today

> Talks shit to other people, saying they don't know what they're talking about

> When someone disagrees, says they need source or is bullshit, despite the fact he didn't provide source for his lolmath

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5foydF8dH1qfvhw3.gif

Edited by Mozzy4Ever
  • Like 1

Oh btw OP I figured I would put this here for you:

90340471.png

Please note the right hand side -

"Servers are running: 95253 - 68%"

"Servers are running: 1.7.2.3 - 86%"

Thank you, come again.

Edited by Mozzy4Ever

Oh btw OP I figured I would put this here for you:

90340471.png