Sign in to follow this  
neil79

Less about the survivors more about the zombies!

Don't get me wrong i think the alpha so far is bloody good fun but it's seriously lacking in the zombie department, it is a game called DayZ after all. So far the survivors are the ones that are deadly not the zombies, now i'm a huge zombie fan and even just played the walking dead game. The zombies were frightening as hell and one noise and not just 4 zombies but an entire rash of them causing all out panic. Yet in DayZ you survive grab an axe and have to keep a constant watch out for snipers and other survivors!

I want to fear the zombies, i want to be scared to go into town because of the zombies, the zombies need to be walking through the woods not just spawned in houses. If for example i found all my gear the last i want is to have to deal with zombies in the woods so that needs to happen. Can you imagine suddenly 20 zombies are chasing you through town or even woods :D. Yes i know it's an alpha but it can be so much more, i can even walk into a house and know that there is going to be no zombies inside why?, yet my first thought is what if there is a survivor. Make it more DayZ and not DayS ;)

How would you make the game more zombie and less survivor?

Dawn of the dead anyone? :)

• Like 2

I don't really agree.

You said that you were a fan of The Walking Dead. If you read the comics, there is a point where Rick and his crew massacre hundreds of Zombies and realizes that, in this apocalypse, they don't really have to worry about the Walkers. As long as they're organized and keep a cool head, they can take out any number of zombies. It's the other survivors that they have to worry about and prepare for.

That's the way it is in the game.

Once you get good gear, and know enough about the game (organized and a cool head), the zombies are not the problem anymore. It is the other survivors who are the real danger.

Also, I think that the clear woods is pretty realistic too. What are Zombies? People who have died. Of course there are going to be more zombies in the places that people used to live (cities and towns/houses).

Edited by xPandaHunterx

Yeah, I would like random encounters in less obvious places. Hopefully, itll be more like that with the actual release.

• Like 1

I don't really agree.

You said that you were a fan of The Walking Dead. If you read the comics, there is a point where Rick and his crew massacre hundreds of Zombies and realizes that, in this apocalypse, they don't really have to worry about the Walkers. As long as they're organized and keep a cool head, they can take out any number of zombies. It's the other survivors that they have to worry about and prepare for.

Case and point

No i have not read the comics, to the point in reality yes i know it's not real but you'd still fear both... The zombies are not frightning nor are they on mass, you've got a massive town and just a few survivors and a max of about 6 zombies and no you wouldn't have clear woods they'd still have zombies in woods as they do walk

Edited by Neil79

Case and point

No i have not read the comics, to the point in reality yes i know it's not real but you'd still fear both... The zombies are not frightning nor are they on mass, you've got a massive town and just a few survivors and a max of about 6 zombies and no you wouldn't have clear woods they'd still have zombies in woods as they do walk

Oh yeah, I agree with that! I'm just saying that there obviously should be more zombies in the cities/towns/farms/houses than roaming around in the woods. The numbers should just go down like so:

-100 in a city

-50 in a town

-10-20 at a farm and surrounding areas

-5 in the general area of a house

-1-2 spaced out every couple hundred meters in the woods.

Edited by xPandaHunterx
  • Like 1

Agreed xPandaHunterx

Edited by Neil79

i was on a server with 4 people and more then 400 zombies...