Sign in to follow this  
hawkygaming

Patcher not working (1.62) From Arma2.com

So I've done as it said. I come to the Six Updater to launch DayZ. The game has loaded so I click Multiplayer and it says there's an Update avaliable again and yet again I cannot join ANY servers.

Any help?

Bohemia posted on their forums that patch 1.62 is not backwards compatible with 1.61 and 1.60. You may only play on servers that have updated to 1.62.

Bohemia posted on their forums that patch 1.62 is not backwards compatible with 1.61 and 1.60. You may only play on servers that have updated to 1.62.

Let me rephrase. When I patched the game. It reverts back to the previous patch. I can't join ANY server because it keeps reverting back.

Edited by Hawky

nice answer, too bad it has nothing to do with his problem.

So I've done as it said. I come to the Six Updater to launch DayZ. The game has loaded so I click Multiplayer and it says there's an Update avaliable again and yet again I cannot join ANY servers.

Any help?

You done what exactly ? And have you got steam or retail ? If you have steam version, it will update on its own. If you have retail, you have to download retail patch and update your game. Six updater dont update your game, so you are probably still on 1.60

• Like 1

Let me rephrase. When I patched the game. It reverts back to the previous patch. I can't join ANY server because it keeps reverting back.

And what did you do that it reverted back ? Because I really dont understand how it can revert back

• Like 1

I'm on the Steam Version Combined operations. Yes there was an Update and I did look around on the forums and it said most of the servers are now on the new patch. The Updater is just a preference of where I launch the game from, It's used for mods ect I know.

The update took a while and I thought it was the new update so as normal I let it run. I come to play DayZ today and the game is still on the same old patch! So I used initiative and got the Update manually as you do. I used that, still not working. Thanks for you help.

It seems as if it reverts back it's self or the Patch wasn't even installed!

Hm. Steam updated my game few hours ago and its working fine, it says version 1.62.95248, which is the new patch. Since you have the steam version, try to verify integrity of game cache. Right click on Operation Arrowhead in steam window, then properities - local files - verify integrity of game cache. It will repair your game and it should be ok

Edited by Icydead
  • Like 1

Ah I have resolved the issue. I did not update expansion/beta in the Six Updater. Weird... Eh. Anyways. Thanks for your help Icydead, If I see you in game I will throw you my Can of Heinz.

You dont need to launch beta now since the same version is official now.