Sign in to follow this  
gambla

The hunt begins

Yesterday and today, at three different times at night, i got three players in my scope. All of them discoed out instantly, they didn't think to escape or fight for a second. If they would have started to run and zig zag, they had a good chance to escape. The last one vanished same time as the shot rang,

unbelievable. After playing for two weeks now, i know the game is neither unfair nor too hard.

Right now i'm seriously thinking about being a bandit, only to kill some of these cowards.

• Like 3

Being a bandit to get revenge is fine, but make sure you pick the right people first.... I'm not sure how you'd tell for sure, but we've run into some people lately who didn't DC... we were like WTF? It was nice.

The wheels are in motion to deal with the DC'ing bastards. The new update is going to start recording player behaviour. Then an algorythm will be implemented to spot patterns and start issuing warnings and bans. Also a timer is on the way.

For me it's been half and half, to be honest i am over it if they want to dc so be it, it's kinda annoying when I am short on loot and needed their stuff but it's only a game. No point getting upset by it.

I hate to say it but I,ve dc,d to, I like the ability to choose that, in the same breath I,ve been sniping on some guys had someone creep up behind me, I tried to escape and switch weapons but he with the Enfield got me, it was karma for sniping.

So for me it's 50/50 if I'll stay and fight or not.

Another example I spawned in behind two players, I had a Fal I would of said it was in my favour I thought for a second was spotted and dc,d. Was I a coward? I could of taken one maybe both down with my lucky spawn.

@KennNz

Isn't it a win/win situation? If i kill a DCer, great. If he wasn't a DCer than he died a honorable death and earns my full respect. So i survived this time and he didn't, that's the name of the game. And i won't say that i'll never loose a fight myself.

For me it's been half and half, to be honest i am over it if they want to dc so be it, it's kinda annoying when I am short on loot and needed their stuff but it's only a game. No point getting upset by it.

I hate to say it but I,ve dc,d to, I like the ability to choose that, in the same breath I,ve been sniping on some guys had someone creep up behind me, I tried to escape and switch weapons but he with the Enfield got me, it was karma for sniping.

So for me it's 50/50 if I'll stay and fight or not.

Another example I spawned in behind two players, I had a Fal I would of said it was in my favour I thought for a second was spotted and dc,d. Was I a coward? I could of taken one maybe both down with my lucky spawn.

yes, you were. obviously you coulda taken them down, or at least one without being shot. But it seems like the risk of losing that gear, or getting a flesh wound is just too much for you to handle, you'r right it is a game, the problem is that the game at the moment allows for pussy tactics.

Looking forward to the near future where this sort of thing is monitored.

@Garuwashi

being honest is fine, but doesn't excuse anything. It's just inacceptable to play a game with someone and then "switch it off" if the situation is not in your favor. Before i move into any sniping position i try to assess all risks like environment, zeds etc. and look for escape routes. Imho, hackers and this spawn situation you mentioned are the only very good reasons to dc, due to fairness and realism.

The only issue I have regarding d/c punishment is that sometimes it is necessary. E.g. last night a hacker teleported my whole server to the same spot, so I without hesitation alt+F4'd. I suppose as long as they have warnings and or a proper system in place it should be fine though!

Yesterday and today, at three different times at night, i got three players in my scope. All of them discoed out instantly, they didn't think to escape or fight for a second. If they would have started to run and zig zag, they had a good chance to escape. The last one vanished same time as the shot rang,

Its pretty obvious here you were involved in banditry if you sniping players and initiating the engagement. So why say " Im ready to turn into a bandit" Youre already a bandit, just apparently a bad one...

A good point, you're right. Until these contacts, i only thought about surviving, escape & evade. Even kos if i felt threatened. But it seems that the borders of turning into a bandit or playerkiller are thin. That's why i didn't call me a bandit yet. But i don't care what i'm called. Most of these "innocent" survivors are running around like headless chicken, running to get the biggest gun asap. They just don't really care and understand that they have to survive Zeds AND other Players. That's why most of them fail and start complaining and whining.