Sign in to follow this  
xToxicFrostyx

o.O feeling alone

ok...so i have just started playing dayz a few days ago and so far iv only encountered one player no matter the amount of people on the server at the time i have the feeling im being avoided x.x lol 2 if you count the guy the person i encounted shot so i didnt get murder'd weilding an axe in a barn :P and why is berezino practicly empty of players even though biggest city on map o.O

Edited by xToxicFrostyx

Well, people are probably avoiding you, they spot you, and try not to get seen as they will most likely get shot. (They dont know if you would do that or not). I usually try to avoid other people too, if they dont see me, I just try to avoid them, as you would probably get nervous when someone looks at you while holding a gun, (They would too) So tension might build up and end with someone getting killed. This is why people are avoiding you. I suggest you try to avoid other people too, (Unless you want to shoot them :3)

Greetz, Killectro.

Get an AK, sneak around and pop every fucker you see.

That is, if they don't alt-f4 your ass

nobody ist trusting anybody :D so avoiding people is the low-risk-way of dealing with them. When you see them it is probably too late and the last you are going to see in this live. I would be happy to find an empty berenzino, cause it is full of loot :D

nobody ist trusting anybody :D so avoiding people is the low-risk-way of dealing with them. When you see them it is probably too late and the last you are going to see in this live. I would be happy to find an empty berenzino, cause it is full of loot :D

i got bored of my life when i was in berezino so i mowed down zombies with a .50 cal.,m4a1,ak,m911,and an axe plus jumped off the hospital twice and didnt die till i let myself bleed out x.x

Now, that is the wrong way to deal with that sort of stuff, tactics like that may as well get YOU killed alot of times, Your kind of people is the reason we are trying to avoid other players, and just for advice ; Dont shoot everyone or people will start to hate you and shoot you on sight.

Now, that is the wrong way to deal with that sort of stuff, tactics like that may as well get YOU killed alot of times, Your kind of people is the reason we are trying to avoid other players, and just for advice ; Dont shoot everyone or people will start to hate you and shoot you on sight.

Well what I usually do is travel in cover and am rarely seen my other survivors.

I usually stalk them for a while, until they're in a place where escape is not possible, then I spray them from a distance.

If on the off chances that I'm approached by another player, I feign kindness (sharing shit blah blahl blah), then I pop the sucker when he turns around.

If you don't shoot me first, your mistake.

Edited by AfterShave

the guy that i met gave me a makarov instead of shooting me with his L85A2 AWS o.O so its my beliving that there is hope that not everyone will pop a shell in my forhead

sounds about right

ive found 4 crashed helli's with no other players around so far iv had an L85,50.,and regular noob guns

Might take you on, me and my friend :)

we've left countless gun and supplies behind cause of no room in any of our bags :)

In 1.7.2.4 that should be no more issue :D

I've read that the ALT-F4 strategy has been fixed in that upcoming patch.

Actually, the patch was due today if i'm right!

In 1.7.2.4 that should be no more issue :D

I've read that the ALT-F4 strategy has been fixed in that upcoming patch.

Actually, the patch was due today if i'm right!

You ma'am are correct

I bumped into a guy who was looting at the top of a military base tower. He had a Makarov and I had a hatchet. He didn't see me so I said "Hello!" and walked in front of him. He then freaked out and fired two shots at me. I thought he might so I was already moving out of the way. I then repeatedly buried my hatchet into him and got sprayed with blood only to have him disappear into thin air right in front of me. I'm guessing this is the Alt+f4 you guys (and gals) are talking about?

I bumped into a guy who was looting at the top of a military base tower. He had a Makarov and I had a hatchet. He didn't see me so I said "Hello!" and walked in front of him. He then freaked out and fired two shots at me. I thought he might so I was already moving out of the way. I then repeatedly buried my hatchet into him and got sprayed with blood only to have him disappear into thin air right in front of me. I'm guessing this is the Alt+f4 you guys (and gals) are talking about?

Afraid so..

Atleast you didnt say friendly and then killed him anyway.. :)

Afraid so..

Atleast you didnt say friendly and then killed him anyway.. :)

Nah I'm new so I'm still trying to give people a chance. Every attempt to buddy up has ended with my death.

I remember yesterday, Just got an MP5 with three clips when i saw someone climbing a ladder leading to the top of some big building, when I saw that, I started proning behind a statue while leaning to the left, as soon as he begun climbing down, I sprayed him full of lead, found some good loot :P (Btw, this was my first murder on DayZ).

• Like 1

Lesson #1 of DayZ: Trust nobody except people you know and trust IRL.

People might be friendly and help you out, but if you find something really cool they might just find it worth it to kill you anyway.

i have the opposite experience as you op. i sometimes feel like i have a cowbell around my neck which acts like a beacon to bring every survivor on the map. i mean, there are only like 40 other people on the entire map! right?

example: on my 1st life, i ran into the ocean with a herd of zeds following, and swam for my life for 10 minutes until finding an island. it had a lighthouse. cautiously (is there any other way on day 1?) i scout the area and eventually i decide to see if i can enter the lighthouse. i go in, and just then some other survivor is just then climbing down from the lighthouse tower. we are both shocked to see each other. i know where that lighthouse is located today, and i can tell you that the odds are astronomical of someone else being there.

Hey ToxicFrosty, what everyone else said. It's not like other games where you are rewarded for meeting others. That's probably why it's lonely. I have been killed for nothing. Meaning, I don't carry much good stuff in my pack and am usually just picking up a can of food.

Now I work in teams. We never go scavenging together. It's always overwatch. If you meet me, you can kill me, but we'll just respawn together except my buddy who was covering me will have all your loot too, except I get to hook up with him again.

Also, it is a tremendous world. If there aren't 40 other players on, there is a good chance there is nobody else near you.

how do you fire a MP5 with clips? oO

I explained I found an MP5 WITH 3 clips, read more carefully mate :P

Edited by Killectro