Sign in to follow this  
slugsmoneygirls

put log out timer and make guns do less damage to players

Dude, can you go all of 3 posts without insulting someone or coming off as a big douche? Respect and kindness goes a long way.

well i made a post and people responded with "go play another game" rather than discussing/ posting counter arguments. you do tha math

yeh real military sim bro. i use fucking morphine to fix broken bones?

protip: think before u post,

Military sim does not equal medical sim. kk bro. think before you post.

Dude. When I played CoD (When it was actually good) I hated core and rushed into hardcore, using an entire clip to kill someone is not fun, lets keep dmg the way it is. Yeah it might suck that you get dropped by 1 or 2 bullets, but that's the name of the game here. As for the other stuff, you crazy, except for the zombie health. They sorta shouldn't be able to go down just shooting them in the chest a few times.

Standalone version is either gonna be on this or ARMA 3 engine (probably 3, great beta test for Bohemia :D )

Edited by Muffinsforever

1/10

thats not very nice. i gave ur mum a 6/10 and she has one of the nastiest snatches i have ever seen. she probs didnt tell you about the hot sex we had last night.

thats not very nice. i gave ur mum a 6/10 and she has one of the nastiest snatches i have ever seen. she probs didnt tell you about the hot sex we had last night.

Oh snap!

Military sim does not equal medical sim. kk bro. think before you post.

oh right sorry bro i forgot that medical treatment is not part of the military or even mildly related in anyway. i should really think more aye. so sorry everyone this thread has been a complete mistake. thankyou blindingsun for pointing out to us here that medicine/mortality has no part in military activities/

well i made a post and people responded with "go play another game" rather than discussing/ posting counter arguments. you do tha math

That still doesn't give you any right to be a douche and insult people, maybe actually think "go play something else" could be a tip, go play TF2 and work up some killing skills, any other shooter/survivor game could help you with that.

Dude. When I played CoD (When it was actually good) I hated core and rushed into hardcore, using an entire clip to kill someone is not fun, lets keep dmg the way it is. Yeah it might suck that you get dropped by 1 or 2 bullets, but that's the name of the game here. As for the other stuff, you crazy, except for the zombie health. They sorta shouldn't be able to go down just shooting them in the chest a few times.

Standalone version is either gonna be on this or ARMA 3 engine (probably 3, great beta test for Bohemia :D )

i never played cod but i played ton of old skool fps like UT and i liked how it took longer to kill people. even if you got jumped by a noob from behind you could turn around and take him out if you were good enough. longer time-to-kill results in a higher skill cap and reduced luck elements (eg i just happened to login and spawned right behind a guy)

Are you kidding us? What else did you expect after insulting the whole ArmA community and Rocket itself in your first post?

Baaaah....

oh right sorry bro i forgot that medical treatment is not part of the military or even mildly related in anyway. i should really think more aye. so sorry everyone this thread has been a complete mistake. thankyou blindingsun for pointing out to us here that medicine/mortality has no part in military activities/

Medical system can easily be made a lot more complicated than it is right now and vica versa. The reason it's done in this way in this mod, is to make medical stuff dependant on items you need to have or search for. So the morphine fixing broken legs makes sense in that perspective to me. I agree completely, it's not "realistic" in the true meaning of the word, but from the view of gameplay it is.

That still doesn't give you any right to be a douche and insult people, maybe actually think "go play something else" could be a tip, go play TF2 and work up some killing skills, any other shooter/survivor game could help you with that.

how is it a tip-he didnt even explain which game i should play and for what reason i should be playing it?-- lets not BS here, it is clearly just a pointless stupid comment that retards leave in most forums when they dont agree with someone.

i dont understand how playing TF2 will help me with my "killing skills" (do you mean aim?). the best way to get good at aiming in this game is not playing any other shooting game except for this one because every other shooting game out there HAS PROPER MOUSE CONTROL (IE> NO MOUSE ACCELERATION) and playing with proper mouse control makes it hard to play with arma 2 style retard idiot moron style mouse control i dont even know what the game designer was thinking when he said lets have positive mouse acceleratiopn on the y axis and negative mouse acceleration on the x axis......

i never played cod but i played ton of old skool fps like UT and i liked how it took longer to kill people. even if you got jumped by a noob from behind you could turn around and take him out if you were good enough. longer time-to-kill results in a higher skill cap and reduced luck elements (eg i just happened to login and spawned right behind a guy)

The skill element in Arma2 only partly comes from lightning fast reactions and pin-point accurate mouse pointing. In this game it actually comes more from planning, flanking, using cover and concealment, patience, anticipating your adversary's actions, reconnoitring area's, etc... For those who are well versed in the "old skool fps like UT" like you, it can be a bit frustrating to see there well honed skills reduced in importance, but once you pay attention to all those things and more, I described earlier, it can be quite challenging and fun. You'll see ;)

yes it is. but we have things called medics for that. I've never once performed anything more than basic Nbc medical treatment while in the field. and that was just stabbing myself with an epipen. so again. it's a moot point.

Are you kidding us? What else did you expect after insulting the whole ArmA community and Rocket itself in your first post?

Baaaah....

im calling certain parts of the game stupid. i think that people responsible for these stupid parts were being stupid when they designed them.... im pretty sure im not calling rocket stupid here, i mean he is a modder limited by this stupid engine.... i dont know how i insulted the arma community unless ofcourse the entire arma community is INFACT ,DayZ ,an arma 2 mod. i find this very unlikely as in my life i have never seen or even heard of a group of people collectively existing as certain elements of software.....

well aren't you an ungrateful little shit

>wants guns to do less damage

how about we test the realism of these weapons on you, and see if you can take a bullet to the chest and live.

>zombies too easy

they arent supposed to be hard. they are a means to alert other players of your presence if you decide to play like a dumbshit and agro all of them. try playing on a populated server for once, scrub.

>all the rude remarks

listen here, you have NO RIGHT to come onto these forums and behave the way you've displayed. you are playing someone else's game, and if you dont like it, DONT FUCKING PLAY IT. i can already tell by your name that you're a generic douchebag that probably came here from MW3 ad are probably playing on a 5 year old computer. do us all a favor, NEVER buy a better PC, NEVER come back to PC gaming.

thank you, and may you catch a .50 to the head while running through elektro.

• Like 1

please make standalone version fast. arma engine is sucks. god what kind of retard puts positive accel on y axis and negative accel on x axis and you cant even turn it off. most ridiculous UI and inventory system as well. what kind of stupid idiot uses change in colour to represent hunger/thirst levels.

im pretty sure im not calling rocket stupid here

Edit: Original post was edited by OP, i'll keep this as a memory :D

Edited by Tex Willer
  • Like 2

The skill element in Arma2 only partly comes from lightning fast reactions and pin-point accurate mouse pointing. In this game it actually comes more from planning, flanking, using cover and concealment, patience, anticipating your adversary's actions, reconnoitring area's, etc... For those who are well versed in the "old skool fps like UT" like you, it can be a bit frustrating to see there well honed skills reduced in importance, but once you pay attention to all those things and more, I described earlier, it can be quite challenging and fun. You'll see ;)

yes i completely understand... i have played the battlefield series as well and it is similar to dayz/arma in the sense that it is more about positioning rather than aiming. btw old skool fps have a lot of strategy, anticipation, patience etc etc as well it just isnt apparent to people who havent played them.

seeing as dayz is a zombie mod i dont see why it cannot have certain arcade shooter elements as well such as the longer time to kill. getting the drop on someone should still confer an advantage whether it happened to be through player action such as reconaissance or pure luck such as a lucky spawn but i think it would make the game more enjoyable if the time to kill was slightly increased. i dont like the idea of having luck play an important role in a permanent death game. lets face the facts here a lot of kills happen simply because someone happens to catch someone off guard through sheer luck and not planning/strategy. dont get me wrong i really like the strategy in this game and having to scan everywhere using binocs and the sense of danger but sometimes i get kills/get killed because i was lucky/unlucky.

im calling certain parts of the game stupid. i think that people responsible for these stupid parts were being stupid when they designed them.... im pretty sure im not calling rocket stupid here, i mean he is a modder limited by this stupid engine.... i dont know how i insulted the arma community unless ofcourse the entire arma community is INFACT ,DayZ ,an arma 2 mod. i find this very unlikely as in my life i have never seen or even heard of a group of people collectively existing as certain elements of software.....

Fella, some people like jam on their cheese sandwiches, others like ketchup with just about everything... I never really understood that myself, but I'm not going to call them stupid because I like my food another way. Just voice your opinions a bit more diplomatically and you'll get better responses. If that's not your cup of tea and you insist on remaining this abrasive, be my guest then. Because this will then turn out to be another useless thread that will be ignored by the people you want to adress with your concerns about the mod. Because some of them I agree with, as evident in my first post. But maybe it's too late for that already. If you just wanted to vent your frustrations to other people that like to do that too...with insults and inventive ways of talking down others....well, it's already a succes then, isn't it :thumbsup:

1. rocket is not just a "modder" limited by the Arma2 engine. he WORKS for bohemia, had a big part in Arma2, and has bohemia's full support for this "mod".

2. you're an idiot with stupid views.

3. Arma2 engine has great power for doing the things that this "modder" wants it to do. just because you don't understand or realise the potential the Arma2 engine has, doesn't mean it's not there.

i dont like the idea of having luck play an important role in a permanent death game. lets face the facts here a lot of kills happen simply because someone happens to catch someone off guard through sheer luck and not planning/strategy. dont get me wrong i really like the strategy in this game and having to scan everywhere using binocs and the sense of danger but sometimes i get kills/get killed because i was lucky/unlucky.

luck has nothing to do with anything in this mod besides loot spawn. if someone saw you first, its because YOU were not being careful enough. and if they kill you on the first bullet? NOT LUCK. its called aim. they took their time, snuck up, and took you out like a pro. this isnt a run and gun shooter, you have to be alert and pay attention to your surroundings. You need to develop an eye to catch thing sthat are out of place that hint towards the presence of another player. PvP in a nutshell.

• Like 1

well aren't you an ungrateful little shit

>wants guns to do less damage

how about we test the realism of these weapons on you, and see if you can take a bullet to the chest and live.

>zombies too easy

they arent supposed to be hard. they are a means to alert other players of your presence if you decide to play like a dumbshit and agro all of them. try playing on a populated server for once, scrub.

>all the rude remarks

listen here, you have NO RIGHT to come onto these forums and behave the way you've displayed. you are playing someone else's game, and if you dont like it, DONT FUCKING PLAY IT. i can already tell by your name that you're a generic douchebag that probably came here from MW3 ad are probably playing on a 5 year old computer. do us all a favor, NEVER buy a better PC, NEVER come back to PC gaming.

thank you, and may you catch a .50 to the head while running through elektro.

you are pretty badly wrong dude.

built my own PC in 2009-runs the game around 60fps-dw probs wont have to upgrade because most pc games are console ports that i can run easy anyway, hate COD franchise, hate pretty much every single video game that comes out these days because they have no soul.

i dont think realism something that rockket should try to strive for and i dont think he is.-- this is the point im trying to make i dont think you get it. I DONT THINK REALISM IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THINGS. i think the game will be more fun if he increases the time to kill and gets rid of all the RNG bs....

this is a zombie game in which people die because they didnt eat for a couple of hours and bleeding can be stopped with bandages no matter how bad the wounds and drinking from stagnant water is perfectly safe.....

I don't agree with OP but want to point out that a) 9k is not 2/3 of 12k B) 12k doesn't represent all your blood in game, it is some number which represents am mount of blood that should be lost, before you die. Just try to keep logical, if you want to talk about realism.

Anyway, op's ideas are terrible. The only kinda worth any talking about is logout timer, but it is being implemented, along with some technical to stop server hopping and alt-f4. So, really, nothing new here