Sign in to follow this  
slugsmoneygirls

put log out timer and make guns do less damage to players

zombies are hard enough. They have so many special abilities like Teleport, walk and hit through walls, mike tyson mega punch of doom, aggro from 3 miles away, materialize right in front of your face and they have seizures so you cant hit them. BUFF ZOMBIES YOU SAY??? ARE YOU MAD?

zombies are hard enough. They have so many special abilities like Teleport, walk and hit through walls, mike tyson mega punch of doom, aggro from 3 miles away, materialize right in front of your face and they have seizures so you cant hit them. BUFF ZOMBIES YOU SAY??? ARE YOU MAD?

Oh yes! The buff zombies part (nice way of putting it btw ;) ) and the logout timer thing, I agreed with right away :D

Logout timer is something I don't want to see in DayZ.

Yesterday an hacker mass-teleported every player on a server inside the NW Airfield; I was able to avoid death by ESC-Aborting.

After 5 seconds a lot of players started to die.

With a log out timer it's impossible to be a bit safe against mass-teleports.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Logout timer is something I don't to to see in DayZ.

Yesterday an hacker mass-teleported every player on a server inside the NW Airfield; I was able to avoid death by ESC-Aborting.

After 5 seconds a lot of players started to die.

With a log out timer it's impossible to be a bit safe against mass-teleports.

For the sake of argument, let's just assume we're talking about a hacker-free environment. It makes sense from that perspective, no? Ofcourse the hacker issues should be more or less at the top of the list, I agree.

I posted in past about a nerf to the range on weapons and that got shotdown.I accept that no nerfs will ever happen to a realistic game but I wonder to myself if I will ever be allowed to go into cherno with an m240 and have a badass battle in the streets.Nope,I will just be sniped.;)

Here are some quick tips to think about before you post about game changes:

1) Gather information about the game: This means figuring out what kind of game this is, and what it's intended goals are (DayZ is intended as a survival simulator in a zombie apocolypse).

2) Understand it's gameplay mechanics: From here you should know what the game's direction is so it's not too hard to figure this out. In the case of DayZ, it's a simulation of a zombie apocolypse. Keyword simulation: immitation. Most simulators these days are based on real life. So if you say lower gun damage, you should research the real effects of gun shots to a body. In the case of a .50 cal, you will die in one shot.

3) Come up with suggestions that will better suit the game/simulator to meet it's goals. This can be opinionated, but nevertheless is should be recognizable that it's intended for achieving the game/simulator's goals. For example, the log out timer is a very good suggestion, because you don't just dissappear in realistic situations. However some people will disagree because of certain issues like hackers.

So far, everything except for the log out timer makes completely makes NO sense towards DayZ's goals. People are flaming you because you are disreguarding the main reason people are playing this game... DayZ's goal to creating a zombie apocolypse simulator (based on realistic situations). Sure, some things might not seem as realistic, but this is also still in alpha and DayZ must also meet the requirements for a game to be playable. Breaking your leg would take weeks to heal... It's realistic, but honestly not a good move to make DayZ more replayable.

P.S. There might be some confusion here about leg breaking. I think we need to consider fractures as well. You can still run and operate on a fractured limb, it'll just hurt a shit ton... Hence morphine is there to help you.

P.S.S Here's an example of how to use these tips. Once again looking at leg breaks/fractures: Why not have it so that you have to splint the broken limb and apply morphine? This would make the experience more realistic and perhaps add a little limp that last for a set amount of time.

Until I spot you with my AS50, good luck

put a log out timer that keeps u in server for 20-30 secs after u leave the server even if u alt tab. insta log out kind of ruins the whole point of this game. i hear BI is working on some crazy scheme that records players log out behaviours and kills their character or something based on something. WHY not just put a simple log out timer. alt+f4 haha ur char still stays in the server for 20 seconds even if ur game is off. why do you want to overload your servers with more data collection/processing.

reduce the gun damage to other players. pvp is fun in this game so make it last longer. fuck realism, i like drawn out battles which are more about skill rather than the luck of positioning.

remove RNG based stuff like knocked down when under 9000 hp. this is just dumb. stupid random events like this and bugs are annoying and stupid.

make zombies harder. maybe more damage and/or HP or just add more (might increase lag). reason why people dont work together is because the zombies are so easy. srsly i dont even bother to stealth even if i dont have weapon. just sprint around like a madman and aggro all of cherno, do some crazy tricks its all good. i dont think you should be able to outrun zombies indefinitely either, it makes the game wayyyyyy tooo easyyyyyyy.

please make standalone version fast. arma engine is sucks. god what kind of retard idea was it to put positive accel on y axis and negative accel on x axis and you cant even turn it off. most ridiculous UI and inventory system as well. why use change in colour to represent hunger/thirst levels. almost every other game out there uses a bar or a numerical value because it is better, it is easier to tell what your levels are like compared to colour change system. also current system is not colourblind compatible.

^

DO IT

log out timer like that, in which you log out but your body persists carries a serious possibility of body duping exploitation, so that probably won't happen. having to wait 20 seconds to log out doesn't sound terrible though.

as for less damage to players by guns, i strongly disagree with that. death needs to be fast, easy. the experience needs to stay brutal, unforgiving. you take away that aspect of gameplay and you lose a huge portion of what makes this game so compelling.

at any point in time i can view roughly view maybe 90 deg. of my 360 deg. surroundings. at any point in time someone can enter the 270 deg. of space around either by spawning, moving there or me moving into their field of view. since i cant scan and check the whole 360 deg. at every single moment in time there is a possibility they spot me first or i spot them first depending on who is looking where at any point in time. hopefully that explains why i think there is great degree of luck involved and simply scanning your surroundings does not mean someone cannot move there when you are looking elsewhere or someone is simply hidden in foliage.

this is called getting out-played

they saw you first NOT because of luck. its because they used stealth and you didnt, like you just stated above. "they moved while you werent looking" is not luck, i use this to my advantage. why on earth should you move to another spot while they are looking? thats fucking nonsense.

lol "arma realism DURRR"

fucking horrible engine horrible netcode horrible gunplay horrible pathing horrible HORRIBLE controls horrible animations

i still fucking love dayz and arma

i dunno but i always thought the game was more about zombie survival rather than pk survival. at the moment zombies are a joke. surviving players is easy as well long as you dont raid NW airfield, elekro, cherno.

also the effect on survivabiity from reducing gun damage is counteracted by the fact that the person who is getting the first shot has a more difficult time to survive since he has to fire more rounds to kill and therefore has a greater chance of being detected. the penalty to survability is being shifted onto the aggressor benefiting the victims to a degree. i want to see firefights with lots of bullets being shot that last for a long time like real military firefights.

at the moment i think it is really sad how you can camp in a bush or a root of a tree in a high traffic area such as the north east of elektro and get really easy kills in the supermarket area or the hospital road. there is almost no way of being detected if you stay back enough unless u get unlucky and someone happens to stumble across you. i just dont like luck factor which is present in low time to to kill.

While military firefights do last a long time, it's not because bullets do little damage - it's because they do a lot of damage. If it was a 1-2 hit kill in this, firefights would last a lot longer, because people are too scared to pop out and take a shot. Equally, your suggestion will just turn it into a CoD style deathmatch (with zombies as a slight distraction). This is not the direction I personally want DayZ to go - and judging by the posts here, it's not what anyone else wants either.

If you're calling it luck, you're doing something wrong. Scan the area carefully before you go in - don't just run in willy nilly. If someone is concealed in real life, you'll have little chance of spotting them. Likewise in this. If you're doing a quick scan of the treeline and something doesn't seem right - it probably isn't. Don't hit the town.

Honestly OP, I think it's been seen that the community doesn't like this idea. That said, if you want to code something like that and try getting support for it, go ahead.

dude once i logged onto a server and walked down the stairs of a building to find a dude with his back facing towards me. i shot him and took his stuff. totally skill aye.

in large cities it is almost impossible to have constant recon updates of every single area from which you can be shot from unless you are playing with like 20-30 friends...... face it, lots of the time its luck. you do a quick scan of your surroundings every know and then to increase the chances that someone might not walk into you from an unfavorable angle. it is impossible to look in every direction at all times if you havent realised. there is a lot of luck/probability involved.

i just proved it with a simple fact- i will repeat

it is impossible to look in every direction at all times

people can shoot at you from any direction when in the open

-

WRONG. You need friends to play with you to provide you 360 vision! So it is possible to look in all directions with a little help from your friends....if you have any, which I doubt after reading your posts in this thread.

Edited by Shemashko
  • Like 1

While military firefights do last a long time, it's not because bullets do little damage - it's because they do a lot of damage. If it was a 1-2 hit kill in this, firefights would last a lot longer, because people are too scared to pop out and take a shot. Equally, your suggestion will just turn it into a CoD style deathmatch (with zombies as a slight distraction). This is not the direction I personally want DayZ to go - and judging by the posts here, it's not what anyone else wants either.

If you're calling it luck, you're doing something wrong. Scan the area carefully before you go in - don't just run in willy nilly. If someone is concealed in real life, you'll have little chance of spotting them. Likewise in this. If you're doing a quick scan of the treeline and something doesn't seem right - it probably isn't. Don't hit the town.

Honestly OP, I think it's been seen that the community doesn't like this idea. That said, if you want to code something like that and try getting support for it, go ahead.

zomg it is luck. if someone is in a tree root or a bush it is impossible to see them unless from 300m away, you cannot be sure if they are there or not. if someone moves/logs into an area from where they can shoot you for the seconds you are looking the other way, you cannot be sure if they are there or not. why is this concept too hard to grasp.

and lets be real here, do you really expect people to scan their 360 every couple of metres they crawl? what kind of crap gameplay even if it is realistic. no one does that in the game. people scan and then run distances dependant on their perceived proximity to danger. that is the way the game is played and therefore luck plays a fairly large role.

why do you think that most esport shooters have low gun damage? obv because it reduced the effect of possible encounters that favour 1 player by giving him the superior position through lucky spawns or because he chose route A over route B for no particular reason. i understand that low gun damage is very unrealistic but it will increase the skill cap of the game.

and yes day z is a game. how is it a zombie apocalyse sim if the number or zombies and survivors and resources are infinite. just face it, its a game and uses elements from real life to enhance gameplay like broken bones, hunger, thirst etc etc. hunger and thirst kill you unrealistically quickly for balance purposes and to make the game fun. i dont see why we cannot similarly make guns to unrealistically low damage for balance and balance purposes. i think its just that this forum is dominated by arma2 players that are attached to gameplay of arma2. if this game is too grow further, BI probably needs stop giving a shit about tryhard arma2 fans because there not many of them and what they like is not necessarily what makes for an optimal game experience. realism isnt always fun.

too many arma2 realism tryhards in this thread that get a raging boner over "reaslistic" gun damage when there are so many massively unrealistic things in this game, gun damage being one of them eg. someone can light me up with an m16 and i can just apply bandages and im ok??? wtf.

no military firefights last for ages because aiming a gun IRL esp. when coming underfire is no where near as easy as pointing and clicking a mouse.

games reduce gun damage from real life hypothetical values in order to compensate for the ease of aiming and the lack of atmosphere that negatively affects in games.

the game is essentially a COD style deathmatch btw, have a look at cherno/elektro <-- what most players do. the game is actually very boring unless you force yourself into dangerous areas like airfield or big cities. and its all over in 1 shot because someone was hidden and impossible to see unless you ran through or because they happened to come across you from 400m+ away while your back was turned..... how am i meant to now someone hasnt been camping the barn im about to enter for the past 10 mins or maybe the conveniently log in and spawn there just before i enter. it has happened to me before as the victim and as the aggressor and the outcome of the fight is mainly determine by luck. you guys are complete idiots if you cannot understand this.

Edited by slugsmoneygirls

Totally agree. OP needs to crawl back under whatever CoD/BF/WoW rock he came from.

your mum needs to crawl back underneath whatever ball of my cock she came on

[Warned - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

No, but what we need is body armor that stops one body shot or adds more blood. People get gillie suits that promote camping in hills. Why not give body armor for assualt play style??

• Like 1

No, but what we need is body armor that stops one body shot or adds more blood. People get gillie suits that promote camping in hills. Why not give body armor for assualt play style??

yeh i think body armour is an excellent way to increase the time to kill while keeping arma2 "realism" tryhards happy. army wears kevlar and/or ceramic plates that protect against standard rifle rounds, i dont know why they are not available. PvP in this game is too much favour of campers and luck.

Heyy guiz, des gunz are 2 realistic, pls make me last longer when im gettin shot at so i can hide and log off because i suck at dis game. plz

• Like 2

yeh i think body armour is an excellent way to increase the time to kill while keeping arma2 "realism" tryhards happy. army wears kevlar and/or ceramic plates that protect against standard rifle rounds, i dont know why they are not available. PvP in this game is too much favour of campers and luck.

Camping is cheap? Welcome to real combat. Running and gunning is unrealistic and BF3 and CoD do a much better job of doing that than this game. You got shot because you suck. It is literally that simple. I've died on my character only to a couple of situations. Bugs, hackers and getting flanked by a larger group than previously thought. You need to stop checking your map in the middle of a field. Quit going into Cherno and Elektro for those "epic lootz". Berezino is much better for that purpose. You need to effectively use the terrain to your advantage.

tl;dr you are playing like a retard. Fix it.

Heyy guiz, des gunz are 2 realistic, pls make me last longer when im gettin shot at so i can hide and log off because i suck at dis game. plz

THANK YOU BASED GOD.

- BASED PATROL OUT.