Sign in to follow this  
ryan211

Holy, what a rush. A newbies kill or be killed story.

Makorov with 5 clips. Many bandages. Many soda cans. And a C(something) sniper(with plenty of ammo) I found in a barn. Plenty of food to spare.

It seems like life is good in Day Z.

Im just walking through the Forrest and at a barn within a few hundred feet in front of me, I see movement. It doesn't look like zombie movement, so I quickly take out my sniper rifle to get a good look. Inside I see two guys...one armed with a revolver and the other with a Makorov.

I watch them for a bit, until suddenly I see one of them look directly at me. Im not sure if he sees me or not, so I keep my sniper aimed on him. I dont want to shoot this guy...I know the pain(as Im sure many of us do) of getting items only to be killed by another human.

Suddenly he is slowly walking towards me, his revolver pointed right at me. I shoot. I have to. It hits him right in the neck, and all of a sudden the player goes down, and is dead shortly after.

My heart pumping with adrenaline, I realize his buddy is still somewhere around. I scan the environment, but dont see anything. I figure he must be hiding in one of the corners of the barn, waiting for me.

I thought of just turning the other way and leaving....but what if he sees me? What if I leave him alone, and he sneaks up on me, and kills me?

I cant risk it. I cant risk losing these items. Sure they arnt much, but they are personally the most I have had yet (just started playing 2 days ago).

I make the choice to flank the barn. I turn the corner, and I hear shots. Nothing hits me, as I can tell by frantically looking at my blood level.

I turn around and flank another corner. I see the lone gunman, his gun point where I just was. He doesn't see me.

I aim at his body and just as I'm about to fire, he whips around and manages to pull of some shots. Nothing hits me. I fire off many shots...too many, as my first shot actually hit him right in the face.

I quickly scavenge both of the dead bodies.

Afterwards....I felt guilty. It sucks to lose stuff. It sucks to have to start over. But in this game...sometimes its either you or them. I choose them.

I love this game, as it actually forces us to value ourselves as human beings in a way. Do we care about other players? Do we care about how are choices affect their Day Z experience?

Amazing. PS, its 430am where I am and Im really tired. Usually I write WAAAY better but oh well. I hope you guys enjoyed my little story anyways.

• Like 11

Well done killing them SOBs :D

I don't think someone should ever feel guilty when killing people. Its the goal of DayZ to survive, if that means you have to kill a player to do so, so be it.

If that makes them rage and quit the game, it means you've done a good job, eliminating yet another threat from the world of DayZ.

• Like 1

same thing happen to me, i was proning while checking my map and when i get out of it... saw two people running towards me

i didnt know what to do maybe they thought im just a dead body? who knows so i couldnt risk it...droped both of them however 1 manage to get one fire off..killing me

all 3 of us died like in the scene in Glorious bastards.. i manage to run back to the body and loot my stuff and theirs anyways :)

You are lucky, I love that hunting rifle, I find ammo for it everywhere and in my two months of playing I have only found one actual rifle!

Last beans of the day to you OP. :beans: Nice little skirmish. Don't feel too bad if the guy didn't have hostile intentions he should have said something. :D

Beans for feeling guilt, means you're not entirely psycho and that you're able to enjoy the mod for what it is, an intense and sometimes psychological experience.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Good tale.

Hopefully, you high tailed it out of there after those shots. More armed infected (players) could show up at any momenta,

at least you didnt kill them for fun whenn you got a barrel pointing down your throat you on thing left to do is point back and pull the trigger in my opinion you were justified had they seen you first it might of been a whole diffrent story

Eh I did my first intentional killing today. Spawned in in a stupid spot and he was right infront of me, armed with a nicer weapon than I had , I had no choice although I feel bad for it, I unloaded my PP 19 into him, but from previous attempts to be freindly , i've realized it's a shot or be shot kinda deal going with this game, every time i've seen another player and been like uh, ill let em go, it comes back to haunt me.

So Weck or w/e your name was, sorry bud, but others have turned this game into if I don't know you, I shoot you type of game.

I love this game. No other game for me (apart from SWG back in the day) seems to provide such unique and exciting moments. Even the seemingly mundane tasks regularly turn into excitement.

I had some of the best moments I've had so far playing the game last night, but this was my favorite bit:

I was playing with 2 other mates, one of whom was on his own to the East of Cherno. Me and my mate made it across from the North West of Cherno to meet up with him. I had a Winchester and some medical supplies, my other two mates had lots of medical supplies but no firearms, just hatchets each. We were all low on food and drink. We met up with my mate East of Cherno near the fuel tanks, and after we had traded some supplies to each other, we wanted to head up to Pusta to fill my water bottle and share it around.

Just as we were leaving, I saw a survivor running through some of the buildings near us. I told the guys, and we sat and watched as he was a fair distance away, and I didn't have much ammo. It looked like he was running away from us, but we kept watching to make sure we weren't in danger. Suddenly, he started turning and running towards us. He was a fair distance, so we sat and watched for a minute or so as he got closer and closer, and we began discussing our options. By this time he was about 200m from us, and heading straight for us with about 7 zombies following. As I was low on ammo and we weren't geared up for a bunch of buggy zombies, I took the decision (which we had discussed) to shoot the survivor to stop the zombies from attacking us. One shot to the neck at about 100m (rough guess, it was a good shot though) and the zombies finished her off. We had survived another day!

This only lasted a couple of minutes, but it was so exciting and it was a life or death decision we had to make on the spot. Really cool moment, but sorry to the survivor for having to kill them.

Edited by KillaFaz

Yesterday i found an M107, was on the roof of the huge building east of kamenka, the factory or whatever,

I see a guy running from Zombies, i wanted to test my gun, he is pretty far away, he only had an axe, and like 7 zombies on him, BOOM, I missed, wth, the gun obviously can hit dead center from over 600m away,, awesome, BOOM, headshot, he's down, me and my friend sneak over there and there was lots of loot on him, dang, he wasnt new after all.. ^_^

Such a good story, the first guy would of definitely tried to kill you so good work.

Yesterday i found an M107, was on the roof of the huge building east of kamenka, the factory or whatever,

I see a guy running from Zombies, i wanted to test my gun, he is pretty far away, he only had an axe, and like 7 zombies on him, BOOM, I missed, wth, the gun obviously can hit dead center from over 600m away,, awesome, BOOM, headshot, he's down, me and my friend sneak over there and there was lots of loot on him, dang, he wasnt new after all.. ^_^

Thats a dick move, its players like you that dont make it any easier and dont work together

Did you zero it properly? M107 is pretty accurate at that range, it starts to lose it at around 900m... and even then, you should be able to easily kill with the 10 round mags.

Did you zero it properly? M107 is pretty accurate at that range, it starts to lose it at around 900m... and even then, you should be able to easily kill with the 10 round mags.

Im afraid i dont know anything about zeroing xD

Im afraid i dont know anything about zeroing xD

Then no wonder you missed, the default is 300m, if he was 600m then it's no wonder you missed the first shot. Use PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN to change the zeroing by 100m, if you set it to 600m and they're 550-650m away, dead center is a guaranteed hit.

Edited by FishIsTwonk

Then no wonder you missed, the default is 300m, if he was 600m then it's no wonder you missed the first shot. Use PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN to change the zeroing by 100m, if you set it to 600m and they're 550-650m away, dead center is a guaranteed hit.

Okay, thanks!! :D