Sign in to follow this  
a.dodgson05@gmail.com

Amount of Hacking Rises

Hey guys i have been playing dayz for a couple of weeks. I have no problems with the server lag or the hosting/connecting problems. or bandits ect.

The only problem i have is hackers. When i started you may stumble across a hacker every now and again but now every server, Australian, American, French basically any server that i join there is a hacker and not just one.

I understand that this is an alpha and still a lot has to be done but this is getting annoying extremely. Playing in the afternoon is pointless you spend an hour or so to have a player spawn behind you in the middle of nowhere or the constant getting teleported and killed on impact, getting turned into dogs, explosions, spamming servers to crash the list goes on and on,

Lets say i play from 4:30pm till 11:30pm i will die from a hacker at least 3-4 times, And no its not because im crap or im a bad shot, but its a fairly obvious when your in a open field then someone spawns right behind you with weapons that arnt even in dayz and kill you, after you pump 3-4 clips into them then they just look at you and kill you wist laughing then teleport away.

Something has to be done, battle eye obviously isn't working, server admins cant detect them unless they type something when they kill you so really server admins kind of have no power.

This may be a rant but its worthless spending time collecting and gathering for a hacker to stuff things up for everyone.

On a side note the game is great i enjoy it :) i would spend more time playing if it wasn't for this issue. Hope something can be done.

Example of hacker. from me

• Like 1

Feel your pain mate, NZ servers have been ravaged with hackers over the last couple of days. Mass teleporting and slaying. Unfortunately I don't see it being solved too quickly.

A Bush killed me was killed.

• Like 2

You wanna send a message? Stop playing for a few weeks. If everyone did this you can bet Bohemia / Battleye would take notice (not that there is much they can really do given the way Arma is built). Slight chance this will improve with the next DayZ release but I wouldnt hold my breath.

that is true i hope this does move to a standalone game, therefor security can be tight and server admins then can have more power, I honestly don't see this issue being sovled quickly i understand there is alot to do and the co-op of battle eye on this, but it should not be out of hand this bad with scripting issues as of hackers. I have followed rocket and the dev team and as he said hackers are an issue but more has to be done within the way of security at this time, not tweaking the game to run better for the moment. as for the servers constantly crashing thats bit of a drama, but oww well as a computer tech gotta love computers :P

For those scripters/hackers reading this you may not give a shit and find it funny but it is extremely breaking this game and forcing people to stop playing it.

play low pop servers

Had a hacker on my Server when it was 6/40 :(

@OP I'm sure that kid wasn't laughing, you were point blank and he couldn't even finish the job. On top of that he had to use body shots after you were unconscious because he wasn't able to line up your head properly!

I'm starting to see why people resort to hacks, imagine that turd trying to survive in an 800m range firefight. Pity it's so hard to find out who the walking bag of free loot is :(

you guys wanna know something fucked up? my character froze. and then i got killed after taking down a chopper. i had a bizon wit 6 mags a silenced m9 an as50 with 3 m107 mags and alice pack and a ghilie suit. Played for like 3 weeks straight. Then in one instance all gone. Due to some fucking hacker. Went into cherno and fucked them up. Killed 3 of them and 2 more in a chopper using an ak with 2 mags. didnt matter though. They ported everyone then blew them up and logged off. Also set cherno ablaze.

Edited by CarpeDiem