Sign in to follow this  
Jasmer

Curious Question

How common are Heli Crash sites? i know there rare but what are the chances of finding them?

The chances of finding them? Go to known heli crash... if they are there they are there...

There are a set of fixed locations. You can find them on a third-party map.

They're random spawns. They can spawn anywhere except in buildings and forests.

I've been to 4 in total - all of which found at random when running from one location to the next. Except for one when we were in a bus.

-MONSTER

They are somewhat rare, I'm guessing there are on average 2-4 heli crash sites per server. They are usually looted for the best guns (AS50 etc., you know the guns that are the main reason for you to be hunting heli crashes) after at least a few hours, sometimes less than an hour after server restart.

Heli crash sites are not permanent (Which means if you find a heli crash site, and the server restarts, the helicopter may have spawned somewhere else after restart) :D

They're random spawns. They can spawn anywhere except in buildings and forests.

Oh, that's why DayZDB removed the helispawns on the map. They used to be static spawns. Or they still are, but they might have a set of fixed locations that they can randomly spawn at.

For example, 20 possible spawn locations, but only 4 of them actually spawn.

Just found one actually. Unfortunately it had a Bizon and two mags, an M14 Aim, Medical box and assorted ammo.

Hm.

-MONSTER

Hm.

-MONSTER

It's not bad loot, although I've got the Bizon already and have a L85 in my backpack. If Ghillies are still spawning that's all I want from a Heli Crash.

It's not bad loot, although I've got the Bizon already and have a L85 in my backpack. If Ghillies are still spawning that's all I want from a Heli Crash.

They're not.

P.S. Nice gear.

-MONSTER

i have found a few today but i would advise planning trips to places like nw air and stary sobor or somewhere up north close to berehzino (didn't spell that right) and visit a few empty fields on the way. ive only seen crash sites in empty fields so that would be the best place to look.

Found more then 15 in 3 weeks. Only thing I never found are nvgs. Most of the time I am alone and can't even carry all the weapons to our camp.

Best place to find crashes is around polana I think. Not many players there.