So word on the street is that Rocket has planes for a stand alone DayZ game. Witch is a great idea and it is hard to say its not.

http://www.shacknews...alone-this-year

-by Steve Watts

Modder Dean Hall told VG247 that making it a stand-alone product could happen "certainly before Christmas," but that will rely on reaching an agreement first. Apparently he has entertained offers, but felt they were based on the mod's rocketing success rather than an understanding of the game.

So, why would Rocket not just use Kickstarter? I could see lots of people with money in there pockets ready to back such a great idea. I have seen point and click games get LOADS of money from this site! I don't think he need a "deal" to get a stand alone game started. When you generate the money your self with the help of your fans, you and the fans control what makes the game not some big CEO with to much money or some sort of contract. I do not know much about this its just an idea.

• Like 2

Wouldn't you feel better about a finished, polished product when you do it yourself with a team you hand-picked?

Money out of your own pockets and time out of your days off.

I know I would.

-MONSTER

And Kickstarter is a service. There is no kickbacks that the financier see either. If Rocket goes the way of getting a publisher he has to pay them a percentage of what he makes where as a kickstarter for dayz, the people who back the project get no more than what they pay for no matter if the game goes on to sell 12 million copies or 1 million copies.. Its win-win.

Edited by dan_legend

And Kickstarter is a service. There is no kickbacks that the financier see either. If Rocket goes the way of getting a publisher he has to pay them a percentage of what he makes where as a kickstarter for dayz, the people who back the project get no more than what they pay for no matter if the game goes on to sell 12 million copies or 1 million copies.. Its win-win.

This is my point!!

Wouldn't you feel better about a finished, polished product when you do it yourself with a team you hand-picked?

I know I would.

-MONSTER

You can pick your own team! Kickstarter is for just that. You get the money to pay your team an produce the product, in this case DayZ.

I know I would.

-MONSTER

Your pink writing on every post is so damn annoying. Can you please just leave it with the standard colour. Your posts are no more important than anyone elses and do not deserve to stand out all the time...

• Like 1

I'd certainly back a kickstart of DayZ,

fucking brilliant idea.

to be honest with you game publishers are as bad as music/movie publishers and need and deserve every kick in the teeth that kickstarter brings.

rocket has stated he was fond of kickstarter for a few reasons. the system he said he will most likly go with is the same one minecraft did.

the game will be avalible for a low price to get money during its earliest phase. as teh game is developed the price raises until retail. in the thread with all of rockets posts, he goes in depth about sevral payment options and why hes not using them.

Your pink writing on every post is so damn annoying. Can you please just leave it with the standard colour. Your posts are no more important than anyone elses and do not deserve to stand out all the time...

Agree with this.

Also:

Rocket has said he doesn't want to use Kickstarter as it wouldn't raise enough money for the standalone.

• Like 1

I feel like that whenever I see people doing that. "I'm better than you, so my post is in a different color and I have to write my name at the end as well.." ....

Edited by The Hopper
  • Like 2