Sign in to follow this  
ThiefMnemonic

Steam update? Can't play anywhere now

So I'm finally getting the hang of DayZ, and log in for another night session of crawling around towns and avoiding bandits when a few error messages about files not what they expected. No biggie, this is alpha still right, but no. BLAM, kicked from server. When back to desktop, I do notice Steam has update something with the main game.

So I try another server from Six Launcher, and same damn thing. Seems all servers are kicking me now immediately after connection.

So I reinstalled battleeye. I reinstalled six launcher. I am reinstalling Arma2, but Steam wants to download 10 -15 GB after I deleted all my local content.

So what are my next steps?

So I'm finally getting the hang of DayZ, and log in for another night session of crawling around towns and avoiding bandits when a few error messages about files not what they expected. No biggie, this is alpha still right, but no. BLAM, kicked from server. When back to desktop, I do notice Steam has update something with the main game.

So I try another server from Six Launcher, and same damn thing. Seems all servers are kicking me now immediately after connection.

So I reinstalled battleeye. I reinstalled six launcher. I am reinstalling Arma2, but Steam wants to download 10 -15 GB after I deleted all my local content.

im getting auto kicked from all servers to after getting a message from battleye saying Sript restriction #55 and i got that update aswell

Wow, that is just fucking Horrible. I sometimes (Only rarely though) get Script Restriction 55, but only when I pick up some pretty Skechy stuff. Like golden revolvers and hacked in veichles.

I got the update and still can play atm. Try checking the link in my sig.

You don't say?

Steam is trying to download the game you just deleted.

Effin' genius.

Edited by Dr621
  • Like 1

This will be a problem until Dayz updates for the new Arma OA Beta patch.

Try to look into the link in my sig. I can play atm using Steam. Hope that helps.

Just a tid bit of info. seems there's a global ban effect on all servers. i read it was something to do with Steam updates. don't quote me on that but i read in the forms here. i tried several servers and got kicked.

Ok I found a fix for this. thank Poisonman for this.

What I did:

Go into your steam library, right click Arma 2 go to properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity, wait till it completes.

Do the same thing for Operation Arrowhead

Launch both games again like you did when you first installed to the main menu screen then you can exit

then right click OA again and launch combined operations to relink the games

then after your done with all that (doesn't take long)

you should be able to launch dayz again and join servers.

worked for me!

You don't say?

Steam is trying to download the game you just deleted.

Effin' genius.

Yup. Effin hilarious. Except you missed the point. Its called a complete reinstall which is one or the suggested fixes. Thanks for the snide comment anyway.

Of course the suggestion bananas posted would have been a better first option.