daze23

Arma update nerfed revolver?

I would be happy to see that pistols can only kill with a headshot.

Shots to the torso would slow them down, turn them into a hopper, shot two shots to the legs would make them crawl something along those lines would be amazing for me.

This already seems to be somewhat the case. I've popped a few zeds and it dropped them into crawlers rather than kill them.

As for the 1911, mine was still 1 hitting zeds at lunchtime, so I dunno. patches don't roll out universally, so myself and many others may be behind a version, or our servers are.

Yup, found out the hard way. 3 Z, 2 Mags used to bring them down(panic shooting after the first few shots failed), 2 Bandages required to stop bleeding. 2 Mags left, only 3 slugs for my Wincester(still 1 shot kill), will soon need to switch to Hatchet as Weapons are hard to come by where I'm at. Hopefully the Hatchet is still 1 hit, if not, I could be dead soon.

Noticed the same thing. It doesn't occur 100% of the time for me though. If the zeds make it inside a building it always takes several shots to kill them. If I kill them outside it's the same as before.

This already seems to be somewhat the case. I've popped a few zeds and it dropped them into crawlers rather than kill them.

As for the 1911, mine was still 1 hitting zeds at lunchtime, so I dunno. patches don't roll out universally, so myself and many others may be behind a version, or our servers are.

so I guess you haven't patched yet? do you play the game through Steam and/or Six Launcher?

has anyone tried picking up a different revolver/m1911 and see if that works?

To the couple of people who have asked this, yes. I killed someone and took his m1911, and it still didn't one shot. Fighting swarms of military zombies with a nerfed gun l o l

DMR Got nerfed too shot like 6 people with 2 shots in the chest and they stood up and ran away i always need 3 now

omg, i thought it was just me! I only played an hour today before work, but I came across a heli crash and pulled out my revolver to clear it. I had 2 run at me and I shot each once thinking they'll go down. They kept coming and I shot each again... still didnt go down! I just spam fired at this point since both were in my face hitting me. Each of the zeds at the site needed a good 3-4 shots to bring down. I used half my ammo, even with the .45->1911 ammo bug trick.

I thought I was just lagging, but now I see that everyone is having same issue. Well this sucks for zed killing. All pistols are pretty much useless unless you get headshots. Looks like I'll be wielding my axe a lot more now. I could use my rifle, but it's too loud.

Can't you guys figure it out that some people's revolvers do 1 hit still and others don't? It's clearly not an intended thing. It's a bug.

I will try it and edit my result.

how's the testing going?

Rocket has referred to them as infected. Think 28 Days Later.

... and later referred to them as Zombies and very recently explained the change in terminology.

well, this bug/change whatever it is actually makes me raid towns more often again. now i need to replenish handgun ammo, bandages and i also need to take a trip to a hospital for some morphine if i dont find a heli crash soon.

overall not that bad. adds to the game, i would just like to know what exactly has changed. the damage of the gun? the zombie hp?

I too, can confirm you now need multiple hits with an M1911 to bring down a Z. Also, I headshot one with a Makarov and it still took another shot to bring it down!

Another time, it took seven body shots from my mak - a whole clip. Can anyone else confirm this?

TBH - I think DayZ needs harder zombies, so I hope this change is intended and here to stay.

I welcome our new unkillable zombie overlords!

Perhaps there's an opening for someone of my talents, oh undead potentate of corruption?

Don't know if I like this. Often times, Z's are difficult enough as they are. How about making it easier to getting into those small towns? They're always the most difficult and non-rewarding to get into...

... and later referred to them as Zombies and very recently explained the change in terminology.

Source or I call BS.

Actually, let me call BS right now because I feel pretty confident in my understanding of Rocket's vision..

Source or I call BS.

Actually, let me call BS right now because I feel pretty confident in my understanding of Rocket's vision..

sorry about this Athrins,

but this line "because I feel pretty confident in my understanding of Rocket's vision"

deserves one of these...(49 seconds in)

Edited by Sandman Slim

sorry about this Athrins,

but this line "because I feel pretty confident in my understanding of Rocket's vision"

deserves one of these...(49 seconds in)

Could you expand on your thought-process a little, here?

I feel confident in my understanding of his vision because everything he says might as well had been me talking, because he shares my preferences amazingly well. He has said several times what he wants to do with this project, I have listened to all interviews I know of (the latest being with some youtuber (codsomething, cba to look it up atm) and the one before that was with the guru-guys (just a few days ago) where he stated he will not compromise in his design for authenticity above all else. He also voted in a poll about horror-elements that he prefers non-supernatural horror (which he expanded on in I believe his latest interview by saying he consider the infected type of "zombies" more terrifying because they are believable).

Now, until there's a source to the claim that he suddenly changed his mind in the last 2 days, I'm gonna keep calling BS to this claim.

Maybe that video-clip more appropriately describes your situation atm.

• Like 1

Could you expand on your thought-process a little, here?

*chuckle* I didn't understand the relationship between his quoting you and that vid either but I still got a good laugh out of it because it's a good flick.

'course I'm dumber than a bag a' hammers so... vOv

me too, 1911 and revolver got nerfed, and i left cherno carrying only 3 mags without knowing it :(

Affects me as well. Revolver, 3-4 rounds to kill a zombie. Even dropped it and picked it up, as well as trade magazines with my friend to see if it affected him (it did not, his revolver 1-hit zombies).

I updated from Steam this morning, so maybe that is the problem. Until something it done, or an official statement comes out, I'm switching to an M9SD. If I have to take 3 rounds to kill a zombie, I'll do it silently and with more rounds per mag.

wow the makarov is weak now. it's pretty much useless if you don't get a head shot

Had no such problem a day ago. Tried playing DayZ today after 1.62 patch and it's all here, 3-4 shots from revo needed etc etc. Had a test on Shooting Range mod just to make sure that it's not DayZ issue. Here are the results:

M9 or M9SD: 4 shots to down a guy.

G17: 5 shots.

M1911: 4 shots.

Revolver: 4 shots.

Makarov: 7 shots.

All of the shots were made like 5-10 tries per gun and in the chest from 5m.

So basically 1.62 release patch screwed something over. I was playing 95248 beta since it's release and had no such problem until now.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38717 - feel free to bump it up with more details ^_^ .

Edited by Kyorikei

I have not updated and am running the latest beta patch. I did not even have steam on (So no update).

I can safely say that i am one shooting Zeds with my M1911. The Severs i played on where still on the last beta patch before the update. My friend who was on the latest update could not one shot with his M1911.

Now some questions:

*Will servers running the new patch let players using the beta patch in (The latest before the update)?

*If so, is the guns nerfed or not?

*Are any users on the latest patch not effected by this nerf?

*If so, are you running on a full update server or a beta patch server?