Sign in to follow this  
StormbringerGT (DayZ)

FPS drops to 10 at night

Hello everyone I've been loving this game and I'd love to try a night excursion at some point. However whenever night sets on a server my game lags hard core. During the day with V-sync off I'm roacking about 100 fps, thats with everything on Ultra, view distance set to 5000 (this doesnt matter for day Z though) and both the resolutions set to 1080.

This only happens at night or right as the suns setting. My fps hits 10 not matter what setting I turn off or set to low. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Heres some specs if it helps.

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40Ghz

Ram 16GB DDR3-1866

EVGA Nvidia GTX 680

Thanks guys.

Quick plug, I've been killed by bandits on every server I've tried usually right after I finally getting a good kit going. If anyone wants to play, my Steam user name is StormbringerGT. I love playing co-op!

I dont really know what to say about that, that CPU and GFX card should easily handle ARMA :P

I know right! Some guy came into the firehouse to murder me, at 10 fps I couldnt do much. Enjoy that can of beans douchebag!

I dont even have that drop over time issue I've seen other people reporting

Edited by StormbringerGT

Same thing happens to me as well. I normally play at around 50-60fps and the transition to nighttime really destroys my FPS (mine goes to 15-20 and stays there no matter if I'm looking far in the distance or at the floor). The only thing to fix it is to restart the game (and then you got to wait another 10mins because create character/loading takes forever since last patch for me), and most of the times when you rejoin the same server the time is a bit earlier than you actually logged and you go through the same day/night transition you were trying to avoid in the first place.

To add to the hurt, I'm getting stuttering (like a flashbook) effect when driving 3rd person with my 4 wheeler. This comes and goes and has no affect on fps when it occurs. This issue as well as the low fps issue make playing at/around nighttime almost impossible.

These issues started within the last few patches for me.

This mod is notorious for weird FPS happenings.. You can have the most BA rig in the world and get crud FPS in DayZ..

My almost default response to these threads is that this mod is NOT optimized yet as it is still in ALPHA (Which comes before BETA).

More often than not you see people criticizing and complaining about the bugs this mod has when they have no idea why there are bugs.. Hint hint, ALPHA.

But besides that, everyone I play with gets FPS issues on every server (The server very much affects FPS by the way) and the only way to fix it that I know of is to restart the game itself.

Yeah I wasn't complaining at all, seeing as how I'm playing a game, work in progress here. Its sort of like driving a car as its being built. :)

Just curious if anyone else ran across this and if it was an easy fix I may have overlooked.