bownser

US 506 - Admin abuse

Was playing with 7 friends of mine today on US 506 for about two hours or so.

We were on our "base" very northeast of Elektro and decided to do a little trip through the city to get some loot and medical stuff.

That done, we decided to go through Elektro into Cherno, all the way along the coast. We were almost on Cap Golova when we heard some shots our way. Our group of 4 (we were separated in 2 groups) immediatly went to the ground and got some cover from the Pik Kozlova mountain, because we supposed the shots came from some snipers there.

One of our friends (player Zlatan) tried to go to the lighthouse up in the Cap Golova mount, but was shot and killed right there.

We waited some more and another friend (player Hayato) went to the lighthouse, this time he managed to reach the lighthouse and went to the top to do some scouting with the binoculars.

He couldn't find anyone so me (bownser) and the other friend (Solci) decided to go around the Cap Golova and get to the lighthouse through the back side.

A firefight ensued, shots were fired and Hayato managed to kill [V-Tac] Jon. We had already killed this player at least 2 times before during our trip to Elektro, and he was always right on us after every kill with a assault rifle or another good weapon of this kind. Not a problem with that, obviously this clan has some stash somewhere.

At the same time, two of or friends on the other group were already scouting Pik Kozlova for the sniper. At least one of ours found and killed one of the snipers, his player name was [V-Tac] TimberJohn.

Strangely, 3 seconds later we were all kicked, one by one. All the players, but the ones [V-Tac] clan, were kicked. They were all on the server all along.

The server didn't restart because we were able to connect right after the kick. That's when we knew that the clan members weren't kicked out of the game.

None of us recorded all the action, but I did manage to take a photo (FRAPS wasn't open) of my screen right after the kick.

I asked to some of my friends to come here and talk about this. This was clearly admin abuse for us and at least we deserve some explanation from this server admins.

Admins involved:

[V-Tac] Jon (killed 3 times at least)

[V-Tac] TimberJohn (was killed and everyone else was kicked right after that)

Our friend group:

bownser

Solci

Hayato

Zlatan

Talico

Galvanize

Killer

gH2GV.png

Photo:

iFCGp9vcnLtog.jpg

Sorry for any english errors, since it is not my primary language.

Edited by bownser
  • Like 6

Hey guys, Hayato here.

I take that screenshot right after killing [V-TAC] Jon on top of Lighthouse's peak. As you can see, im looting his M14 AIM, with about 4k blood and shock, result of the close combat.

uCUaJ.jpg?1

Seriously, the admin's attitude is contrary of all concepts of DayZ is about. V-TAC is a filth group, they dont deserve to run an official server.

Good hunting to all who have fairplay,

Hayato

• Like 4

I was there going around Cap Golova and just some seconds after all the gunfires i was kicked from the server before i could reach Hayato or anyone from v-TAC could spot me.

• Like 3

I was one of who died in this battle. It was fair, but then some of our friend killed the admin, everyone got kicked.

My mistake i didnt took any screenshot. But its a shame for [V-Tac] doing that =/

• Like 2

I like the reconstruction :) Good flank btw, using the decline to approach undetected. A completely off topic question, you said you had 7 but I don't see anyone covering your sniper, did you leave him/her undefended? Sniper rifles are pretty valuable, we like to have someone with ours so if worst comes to worst, we can loot the rifle and give it back to him.

Sucks that admins do this, considering they are already dead there really isn't any point in kicking you. While it's most likely admin abuse, you weren't banned or anything like that so this thread might not gain any traction :( They can claim a variety of reasons that are hard to disprove for a kick.

My suggestion: You know that they are bandits just picking off easy prey along the coast, go back to the server when they are on and get some sweet, sweet vengeance. While most people who snipe new players suck and may not provide much challenge, at least you'll wrack up some bandit kills.

• Like 3

Just left server in a hurry. Bus driving through Cherno with 5 guys in it. Myself and 2 buddies got a line on them and opened fire. They drove up north road some, jumped out to flank. I got a lucky kill on V-Tac TimberJohn and suddenly bombs were dropping on the mountain that we were hunkered down on. We aborted as fast as we could to avoid a BS death to pathetic Admins... Fraps up by morning...

• Like 2

Hey Graz, thanks for your feedback.

We didn't have a sniper on our team because most of us were with new characters and didn't raid any of the military camps yet.

As for the revenge, we will simply not join that server anymore. DayZ community servers should not be their admins playground for them to do whatever they want and go about kicking people that kill them.

They can play all alone for all I care. It is really a pity because it is one of the servers that allow us to play with a relatively low ping, and we had even established a tent there. When this happened we were just about to look for a place to set a second one.

Prime72, I don't think there is any cheater on the admins side. It sure was strange to see one of theirs spawning quickly on us everytime we killed him and with a great rare weapon, but it sure is doable once you have the time and organization to do so. Some of my group that were involved in this surely thought that one of them is a cheater. On the night before we were playing on this same server and all of us were teleported into a helicopter hovering very high into the debug plains. The funny thing is that we were very close to the NW Airfield with a group of 6, ready to raid it and get some loot, we were traveling there for at least half an hour just to get there. Most of our characters were killed then. It sucks but it happens. We tried to play new characters today and this mass kick happened. It is weird but there is no proof that it is actually them cheating. It could be so much as it couldn't.

I realize that the DayZ staff is totally overloaded with work right now because the exponential increase in the player base, but I would really like some closure on this matter.

At least bring it to public so the majority of players can know what happens when you kill one of the admins in US 506.

Just let them play all by theirselves.

Edited by bownser
  • Like 1

Hi there. (Sorry for my english).

My group (3 players) yesterday also was kicked by V-TAC's admin. How does it heppend?

About 2-3 days ago we found V-tac's base and transport ( about 50-70 tents, URAL,PRAGA,UAZ,VAZ...) there were a lot of weapons/gears, we kiled all v-tac's players near cars and tents. Next day, they found all cars and back it's all (It took about 8 hours for them)... OK, no problems..maphackers..

Yesterday we tracked them again, after short skirmish ( v-tac's members were kiled again) we going to take cars but...."you were kiked off from the game"

When we login again, there was only 1 car with trash items.

V-tac will not escape retribution!

From Russia with love v-tac ;)

Edited by Rivers48
  • Like 2

Hello, my friends and I, too, played yesterday on this server.

There is an assumption that all kicked because we are already the third day of trying to take away V-Tac trucks. And yesterday we finally tracked down their caravan and killed it seems to me is all. But as soon as we killed the last anyone saw the meadow we get kicked from the server. We first thought that the server is shut down, but when we went, we were surprised that our bodies are and their place in the shot with them all that had happened. I think the guys who played here, too, will confirm that before the disconnect was a lot of deaths from this clan.

My group: ZQ,Rivers and "anonymos"

Edited by ZeroQuality
  • Like 4

Just left server in a hurry. Bus driving through Cherno with 5 guys in it. Myself and 2 buddies got a line on them and opened fire. They drove up north road some, jumped out to flank. I got a lucky kill on V-Tac TimberJohn and suddenly bombs were dropping on the mountain that we were hunkered down on. We aborted as fast as we could to avoid a BS death to pathetic Admins... Fraps up by morning...

Admins can't drop bombs on players. That's the work of hackers...

suddenly bombs were dropping on the mountain that we were hunkered down on. We aborted as fast as we could to avoid a BS death to pathetic Admins... Fraps up by morning...

like this?

Wow, I never tought that other players were having the same problema with kicks on US 506.

=/

Edited by Zlatan

Wow, I never tought that other players were having the same problema with kicks on US 506.

=/

let's unite our groups against v-tacs evil :D

Admins can't drop bombs on players. That's the work of hackers...

I'm gonna be nice with my response to this... You're correct, Admins can not drop bombs.... Hackers drop bombs.... 2+2 sir = 4 Admins that Hack on their server drop bombs, kick people and spawn all sorts of things they should never have if they played legit for any amount of time. Now following that logic try be a bitch and prove me wrong again without thinking about what you're saying.

The guts of this thread is thus. There are multiple independent accounts of admin and server abuse on this server by the V-Tac clan who's players are Admins on this server. Stop trying to puff up your e-peen by stating the obvious like a 12yr old know it all.

Maybe stop your ad hominem attacks and realise that this isn't a case of admin abuse, but a case of hacking then. All it takes is a little brainpower. :)

let's unite our groups against v-tacs evil :D

Yay, it´s going to be fun, but i dont think its a good idea. The soon they get killed, everyone is going to be kicked :P

They hacked on us last night as well. Got into a tiff with TimberJohn, Jon, and CrowbarGuy all of clan V-Tac (Vindictive Tactical). They had a van, we had their UAZ we stole earlier. Lots of firing back and forth and we manage to bring them down. Two of our guys were immediately ejected from their van and instantly killed 12000 blood to 0 blood. They then command killed us while we were looting everything and deciding what to do with the spoils of war. This was immediately after wrecking their crew - and no one else died on the server at the time - so it was a targetted hack.

We were also on when they kicked everyone but themselves.

I posted on their forums and TimberJohn had this to say:

"Jon is a known hacker. He was someone whom we thought we could trust, but it was duly noted we cannot. We will deal with him soon. Again, I am so sorry for the issues you experienced Arthur, I'd love to do combat with you again sometime. I'm not the best, but I sure do have a good time. You guys whooped me haha.

EDIT : When you took our van was it the two of you? When you came back, I and [V-Tac] Crowbar Guy opened up on the van. I took out the windshield with my silenced M4A1 CCO and Crowbar hit you both with his unsilenced M4A3 CCO. I watched you both fall dead from the vehicle. Upon further investigation neither of us had any Bandit Kills or Murders. We suspect Jon, but are open to suggestions. Sorry!"

Post can be viewed here: http://vindictivetactical.enjin.com/forum/m/6445544/viewthread/3727271-admin-abuse/post

I somewhat take this now with a grain of salt after reading the posting here.. Timber at least didn't ban me from their forums, so I give them the benefit of the doubt; but, they might just not want to be found out. I'm currently unsure..

Our small group has a very large established camp but for the most part haven't made much contact with their clan. I'm kinda scared to log on there now since they (supposedly Jon) can just kill anyone they want.

Hello everyone, this is [V-Tac] TimberJohn here to answer any questions you may have. I am sorry you all feel this way about my gaming community, and I hope to change some opinions. As to the killing commands, none of this was us. Admins do not have access to these commands. The suspected perpetrator of the acts you've mentioned here, was [V-Tac] Jon. He was removed from Vindictive Tactical, upon finding out that he was using, and abusing hacking commands. We do not wish for these actions to reflect negatively upon our entire group. We just want to have a good time, and we want you all to as well. As for the kick, I was also kicked as well as all other V-Tac members. I believe it was done through the control panel for a server restart, but am not 100% on this. I will investigate and report back. I hope to clear the air with this post, and not offend, as my mission is not to step on anyones toes, but in fact to mend fences.

EDIT:

Arthur, you said when you logged on you were instantly command killed. I do not believe you were command killed, but I think this was in fact a glitch that occured to both [V-Tac] Indiana_Jew & [V-Tac] Crowbar Guy. I am sorry you feel we caused this, but I can assure you we had nothing to do with it. If you join the mumble server, perhaps we can clear the air?

Address : vindictivetactical.typefrag.com

Port : 63475

Edited by TimberJohn

I do like your replies John, as they seem sentimental - and I feel for you having to repair damage caused by someone outside your control. I'm sorry this has happened on your server. I wouldn't want to deal with it (and it could be anyone in your position). Thank you for replying to these posts - and for removing the offending party (to your knowledge) from your group. Dying last night upon logging in was frustrating. Its never happened to me before, and it was the day after our rout and VTac members were on. Really sucks to have end-game gear and go back to square one on an illegitimate death (no matter how it happened). Probably would have just got sniped anyways..

I'll pop on your mumble later tonight and we can all hang a bit. Hopefully we can all friendly it up and get to a better understanding of the problems we each encounter. I've got a good group of regulars playing with me on your server and we wish to continue doing so (bout ~5 guys on and off). Its nice seeing an active clan (who you know is in it together) for us to go up against.

Edit: I work a typical 10 hr day (M-F) and so only play in the evenings.

Edited by Arthur

Alright, that sounds fine and I appreciate your reply to help clear things up. I would like to offer compensation for items lost. Ill try to deliver some items to you all. You can kill me when you see me vulnerable or you may not. It's your choice. If I find any other V-Tac members trying to use this as an ambush, they will be dealt a suitable punishment. I do wish to repay you for items lost due to our group. We have enough that we can share some. This goes for anyone here. Im going to be gone from around 5:30 PM tonight to around 8:00 Pm tomorrow, so if I cannot do business with you, please try to conduct it through Jesse or another trusted member.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, TimberJohn. It seemed reasonable and ok. I can not speak for my friends, but I will give another chance to the server and will log again. Like I said before, I had good times with tension, fear and lots of fun.

Hope to find that again.

The recent beta patch has taken care of the hacker problem for the time being. But I cannot stress this enough, please join our mumble for any discussion and we will be more than happy to explain anything there. We are always looking for people to play with!

Vindictivetactical.typefrag.com

Port 63475

Edited by ayitsjp
  • Like 1

Alright, that sounds fine and I appreciate your reply to help clear things up. I would like to offer compensation for items lost. Ill try to deliver some items to you all. You can kill me when you see me vulnerable or you may not. It's your choice. If I find any other V-Tac members trying to use this as an ambush, they will be dealt a suitable punishment. I do wish to repay you for items lost due to our group. We have enough that we can share some. This goes for anyone here. Im going to be gone from around 5:30 PM tonight to around 8:00 Pm tomorrow, so if I cannot do business with you, please try to conduct it through Jesse or another trusted member.

Great to see responsible leadership!!!

Sorry to hear that one of your guys was a tard, it happens in every clan though :(

Hopefully everything goes well for you guys now that you've solved the problem :)