Sign in to follow this  
davidecibel

wilderness?

so, i just logged onto a server, and died before i could even play... and spawned in "Chernarus - wilderness": an empty plain: wtf????

sounds like one of the debug zones.. recommend using the search function on these forums, alot of posts exactly like this.

run east.

so, i just logged onto a server, and died before i could even play... and spawned in "Chernarus - wilderness": an empty plain: wtf????

When i come across this i hit the exit key then click respawn on the menu. Works every time for me.

• Like 1

Its faaaaar west of Kamenka. Virtually the edge of the map, almost to the debug area really. Worst spawn in the game. Hope its removed when the respawn option is disabled.

how do I run east with no map nor compass? and.. doesn't respawn make me lose my gear?

anyways I "solved" the problem. I logged out and logged onto another server... and found myself in the spawn point just outside cherno (ffs I was up north!). unfortunately for some reason my blood was under 9000 (I am positive I logged out with over 9000 because I ate my last steak to go from 8400 to 9200 not long before i logged out in the woods), a random zombie ninja-aggroed me, and it was one of those UFC zombies. 1 hit and I was down. lost my stuff another time, goddammit!

In my last game, i satarted a new character and the location was "wilderness" .... actually it was between Cherno and Electro ...

Rocket said that player co-ordinates outside of the map are not saved on the Hive, so when you re-log you should be automatically moved onto the map.

I have never had this happen so I cannot test it, but if it happens to you try logging out and back in to see if you are moved to the map or if it was not fixed as mentioned previously.

Wilderness is just the name of many areas in Chernarus. Basically you are out of the area of which a city/town occupies.

Rocket said that player co-ordinates outside of the map are not saved on the Hive, so when you re-log you should be automatically moved onto the map.

I have never had this happen so I cannot test it, but if it happens to you try logging out and back in to see if you are moved to the map or if it was not fixed as mentioned previously.

Currently a big fat load. I got stuck there today and, despite logging off and on repeatedly, I stayed in the debug hills.Hopefully this does get resolved before the Respawn is removed.

Servers with the currently latest beta patch (95310) seem to be bugged. You appear to die when you enter the server and spawn soon after that in the "debug forest". Just find server with an older version (95248 worked for me) and you'll find your character spawning at the shore with all your previous equipment.

Edited by Kebab

Up.... any solutions?

1.7.2.4 mentions that it fixes this issue in the patch notes, so it should be fixed with the new patch once that goes live.

This is not true. I wandered off the map yesterday and lost connection to the server. I reconnected and I was in the same position.

This is not true. I wandered off the map yesterday and lost connection to the server. I reconnected and I was in the same position.

See the post above yours, it should be fixed now with 1.7.2.4