DemonGroover

Dogs / Children / Other Followers

I'm just throwing this idea out there - i realise things like this probably cant be added to mods but it COULD be an option in a standalone.

I understand Rocket wants to implement Dogs into the game, to be a pet of sorts, possibly helping you out and needing to be fed etc etc...i am not too sure of the details.

How about the chance of finding cowering survivors (eg children) that can be optionally asked to follow you. The child wouldnt be able to do anything apart from follow, be told to wait and having the need to be fed. I dont want to see children capable of using weapons.

Having someone to protect and keep safe would certainly add a new dynamic to the game.

I realise the implications of this - would a sniper shoot a weaponless child, would it affect the games rating etc.

Just want to put the idea out there and see what people think, or indeed if they have other similar ideas.

Well, Rocket also said he wanted to implement a Suicide Option inwhich your character would go through a suicide animation with a sidearm but is afraid of the political backlash of CNN and such.

So, i'm not sure if he would be cool with adding killable children. (They also sound like a huge pain in the ass to keep around.)

EDIT: Here's the post I was talking about.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42806-pending-update-build-1724/page__st__120#entry406603

Edited by Maximus the Great

Well, Rocket also said he wanted to implement a Suicide Option inwhich your character would go through a suicide animation with a sidearm but is afraid of the political backlash of CNN and such.

So, i'm not sure if he would be cool with adding killable children. (They also sound like a huge pain in the ass to keep around.)

I agree and i only suggest because some people may want an option whereby you could look after something (be it a dog, child or old granny). The majority of players wouldnt care but i think the more options the better. You could set up an orphanage in Cherno and feed them beans.

I just think it would be cool to look down the scope and see a survivor with small child in tow. I really think it would make me question shooting the guy.

Fucking MSM

Yeah to be honest kids are probably a bit too risky. Cant wait for the dogs.

I believe there is an EU law against having killable children in games.

Dogs will be implemented into game, and I cant wait for the moment to get one.

dem Kids? Well, even Fallout 2 in US version didnt allow kids, but European version had them... Reason? You could just shoot and kill them, this is something US and Australian Society just would not accept, even tho in Europe it is acceptable - with rating 18+ of course.

So for this reason, I am afraid, Kids wont make it into game...

JCDenton: Its not EU law, its US and Australian laws

I was considering something similar the other day, a random chance to spawn with an AI wife/husband, Child or dog or something similar, perhaps some kind of bonus for keeping them round (would need to be worthwhile for all the sociopaths this mod seems to attract).

The downside obviously being you have NPC's to look after and feed, you can leave them behind somewhere "safe" but we all know what 90% of the playerbase would do if they came across your "family".