jordy@sigux.com

Patch & Play! [BETA PATCH MIRROR] Fast downloads - Multiple Locations - 100% Safe - More Games To Come!

There's a small bug I'm trying to find a work around for; for a little bit of an explanation, if you try to download a newly released patch, before it's finished downloading, you'll only get what we have downloaded of it at that time. Causing corrupt files.

My one solution for this up to now is to make it download to a new directory on the server "~/incomplete/*" then move it to its proper location once it's finished. This would work perfectly, I'm just not sure how I want to go about implementing a fix. There's a few changes I'd like to make to the php scripts so I can just select a "subdomain variable" eg `$subdomain = "UK"` so when placing the script on several different mirrors, I just have to change one thing, rather than 7-8 like I currently have to, I could also make it check for updates to the main script once an hour, this would make for easy "mass-updating" the php scripts without having to connect to each individual server.

They're just some of the changes I'll be working on tomorrow, in addition to setting up our new "PARIS/FRANCE" server which is connected by OVH Systems at 100Mbits (I'm using the 2G Kimsufi for personal projects, so I will be able to host a patch mirror there.).

Oh, I almost forgot, I have a temporary (6month) server located at Cyprus, Not sure how this will fare for us, but it's something I can try, that's a little different. **

Thanks,

Chris.

** -Cyprus server is running at 700KB/s to linode/cachefly download tests... Maybe not a wise idea to host a server there, but we'll see.

Edited by eastonch

Currently the official servers are down. You can still download ALL the latest beta patches from us, from all mirrors.

Legit or not, this does look a bit fishy.

I would wait for some confirmation by a more credible user (longer time on this forum/ more posts).

Been trying to download from official site all day. It has been bombed with people and impossible. Tried this and it works like a charm. No virus showing up. Thanks dudes!

People have good reason to be paraniod, so don't take it to heart. We need alternative sites.

Legit or not, this does look a bit fishy.

I would wait for some confirmation by a more credible user (longer time on this forum/ more posts).

I fully understand you, however I don't think this topic would have gotten pinned if it possibly contains viruses. This is also a project which goes under our freelancing company, and making this contain viruses will get us a bad reputation, so that's another reason not to do that. :-)

Small updates:

* Currently doing small redesign to our site

* Currently adding EU France mirror

* Working on getting custom domain which will be easier to remember

* Working on making site even smoother

Edited by Brightbull

Any ETA on when the site will be back up? The main ARMA site is down and I have no where to download the most recent patch from =(

Any ETA on when the site will be back up? The main ARMA site is down and I have no where to download the most recent patch from =(

Our site is currently online, and you should be able to download the latest patch from there.

Edited by Brightbull

Thank you brightbull!

No problem, however I must note that Eastonch (Christopher) did all the coding, I simply do some designing and PR. :-)

• Like 1

Sorry about the negativity of some folks on these servers guys... I appreciate the work and investment in making a good alternative to the main ArmA beta download servers.

I know I probably dont qualify as a reputable source on these forums as ive pretty much never posted before... but all the same, ill confirm these are clean and completely functional mirrors of the original beta patches.

Cheers guys!

Thank you for the kind words @HenryFjord -- I guess I was instantly just expecting users to download from "unknown" websites.

We ran into some stupid problems with our France Node last night, kept failing and going offline, I've changed the OS back to the original that everything else it, Debian 6 32Bit (Small amount of ram!). And finishing the installation of a few things, we should have the patch mirror up within the hour.

Dayz Commander was acting shitty, but now working fine finally. Better than Six when it's working.

Edited by Viper0hr

I beleive DayZ Commander checks and extracts from the main mirror. So if the main site is down, the Commander won't patch, and not sure how it will handle it.

I personally manually update, much easier than letting "programs" automate it for me, and atleast I know that I'm patching to whatever the heck I need :']!

EDIT:

After about 4 hours of messing around with the OVH France server, Finally got a half-decent kernel loaded onto it and was able to get a webserver running to my standards.

http://fr.chriseaston.info/ is now live!

We've noticed a small bug with the fl.chriseaston.info showing some "broken" links, we're working on it, however these are low-priority as they are very old patches.

Edited by eastonch

UPDATE

Main website has been updated. New and improved, and more sexy contact form, and a new and even sexier image on the webpage. Also added France server as Chris said.

Thanks.

Update 06/08/12

New domain (patchandplay.com)

Fixed minor bugs on Florida node

Working on more patch mirrors for different games

Updated the main thread / first post with new information

Updated text on server selection page

Currently updating server links to location.domain.com (Example florida.patchandplay.com/arma/ etc.)

Tweet us or like us on our new Facebook pages.

Edited by Brightbull

Do you have permission from Bohemia Interactive to conduct this project, and commercially? If not, which I don't believe you have based on what you've written in this topic, you're as bad as the hackers in DayZ!

All right if you'd have transmitted one / a couple of files to someone who needed them, but setting up a complete project to share BI software to everyone on the internet, without their consent.. If I was BI I'd file a police report instantly.

You're worse than the rest of all the hackers and illegal file sharers/copyright infringers out there!

Edited by Vitdom

Do you have permission from Bhemia Interactive to conduct this project? If not, which I don't believe you have based on what you've written in this topic, you're as bad as the hackers in DayZ!

All right if you'd have transmitted one / a couple of files to someone who needed them, but setting up a complete project to share BI software to everyone on the internet, without their consent.. If I was BI I'd file a police report instantly.

You're as bad as the rest of all the hackers and illegal file sharers/copyright infringers out there!

Ahem.... I dont think the same rules apply to software patches. These guys are technically doing BI a favor by taking some of the load from their official DL servers.

My question though is what makes this a better idea than using SixUpdater/DayZCommander? I never have trouble with dl speeds even if they are coming off the official site.

Ahem.... I dont think the same rules apply to software patches. These guys are technically doing BI a favor by taking some of the load from their official DL servers.

My question though is what makes this a better idea than using SixUpdater/DayZCommander? I never have trouble with dl speeds even if they are coming off the official site.

Some people have slow downloads, like myself, so I download from my own mirror too, that was firstly the reason we coded this, so we wouldn't have to download at 2kb/s.

Hi to both @Vitdom and @Jackcrow;

Firstly, Vitdom, you have no idea what you're talking about, for one, we're just offering a mirror service, we're not releasing "new" modified patches or modifications of the game.

There's nothing immediate that flags up with my researching that would say this was illegal, and upon request, we would take the entire system down.

How can you compare us with hackers? Hackers ruin the game, modify files, inject code. All we do is provide the EXACT mirror copy of a file on our servers on several locations.

There's not much more I have to say to you, apart from you're completely misunderstood and should re-look into what any law governs this.

@JackCrow Thanks for the defense, and the answer to your question would be that we're just offering manual patching, "double click to patch, basically". Using our service, you have a larger range of sources which, in the right location, increase your speed of downloading the file. We find that all of our servers download from the main website at ~20-200KB/s something which I find horrificly slow for a 100/1000Mbit connection.

It's all dependent on your location however.

SixLauncher I beleive is more Peer2Peer based and downlaods files from other peers, and DayZCommander uses the normal patch website.