Sign in to follow this  
JoeFury

Made some friends! sort of...

90% of the time when i spawn I crawl and got to the closest small town and loot enough to head into the woods and survive (or attempt to). Reading the forums has made me a nervous wreck about running into other players. :)

Today I spawned near the Balota airstrip and headed over to the military tents and ended up with a zombie on my tail when i get near the gate and see a survivor with an axe. 'oh crap!' i think. then he runs up to the zombie and kills him. then another zombie comes over and hits me. i'm bleeding. great. the guy then kills that zombie. i type 'friendly' and he comes over and bandages me up! we chat back and forth for a moment til we see another zombie running who gets taken out with a silenced weapon. Turns out to be another friendly guy named Isaac. he has an mp5 but real low blood.

So as a sort of team we head to Cherno for the hospital. Isaac passes out a few times and Axe guy drags him into cover. as we get closer Isaac offers his gun up since he keeps passing out. now there's a few different ways this could turn out...

Axe guy ends up taking the gun and i take his axe. and surprisingly nobody kills one another! we head to cherno hospital give each other all blood transfusions and i'm amazed how long it's gone on for. Isaac is lagging bad so he disconnects and says he'll join again. Axe guy (now MP5 guy) goes into one apartment and i go in another. i find food and he finds some guns. which he offers me a makarov. I find a czech backpack, but when i try to pick it up, it doesn't work. i drop my backpack and now can't pick up either. ah well. then Isaac joins back and still lagging suggests another server. so we all say we'll meet up there.

well i log in and am at the cherno hospital but don't see them, so figure i'll check out the apartments again. i hear somebody break their leg outside. i go to the balcony and look down...a guy with a sniper rifle on his back looks up at me. i panic and run back as i see him stand and run into the building. oh crap. run upstairs and hear all kinds of gunshots. i stay in the back room and then see the sniper guy (with a pistol). I hesitate and in one shot he puts me down. oh well. :rolleyes:

still one of the shortest lives I've had (about 20 minutes or so), but also one of the most memorable. so much tension...i love it. and i love this game!

Thanks Isaac and Axe(MP5) guy for restoring my faith in other players. except for those with sniper rifles. shoot them first i guess :P

TL;DR - some players can be friendly and awesome. and some others are dicks. lol

• Like 2

Nice read thnx. But don't just shoot all ppl with a sniper rifle since if you can see them, changes are high they werent after you :P

Nice read thnx. But don't just shoot all ppl with a sniper rifle since if you can see them, changes are high they werent after you :P

Except that last one -- a pioneer of his kind. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChandlerL

i think i know that isaac, i think i just saw his name pop up a couple times becaue he was respawning.. think he was at uk124

Snipers aren't meant to kill zombies. Shoot first ask questions later.

Ive been hurt a few times....like trying to kill my first player with an enfield, accidently rolled over the edge of the building and broke my leg. I shot all the zombies and he just watched me and waited...warned me when more were coming. And to think, I was trying to shoot him(granted I wanted to kill at least once). I think another guy came up a while later....kept passing out and couldnt walk..