Sign in to follow this  
Gandrew

A Alternate Solution to Move Forward in Realism.

Many people have suggested regenerating blood, but the blood does regenerate. This is only when the body has a proper amount of protein, nutrients, calories, ect. This is the reason why the food you eat give you blood, it's the regeneration process only in a instantaneous moment. But there may be more involved and rewarding ways that players may go about to heal themselves.

- If the food bar is green then your health will regenerate slowly. In return the player does not receive a boost in health immediately after eating. When healing the food meter deteriorates at a faster pace. When a player is moving, in a cold environment and needs to warm it's body, fighting a infection and need's to warm it's body up and heal then that player will need to eat food more often.

- Have a protein/calorie count. The player will be able to use this currency to heal part of his/her body from a broken bone, tissue damage, ect. When a player is hit a condition may be added, for example, a player is hit by a zombie and now the tissue is damaged forming a bruise. The bruise on that part of the body will have a greater chance to be further damaged into bleeding unless healed by the body. A open wounds that causes bleed may now have a weaker structure causing slightly higher chances into having a broken limb. Disconnected limbs may cause the player to not be able to use their primary weapon, secondary too if they disconnect both of their arm joint, or just their legs causing them to limb or crawl. When this amount is low then the blood count goes down, but only as unusable blood because the body cannot distribute enough of this to the entire blood stream and is swiftly rejuvenated once you have eaten. At certain milestone the player will become fat and move slower, this will prevent hoarding and over consumption. If a player suffers a bruise to the head it might be a concussion and cause a distortion in vision and the inability to aim. If the player logs off while still under the effects of a concussion then they will become unconscious when signing back in much like the effects of shock. This option will open even MORE windows of balancing and realism. For players that will run the map many times just to get the next high score on the leader boards their body will become exhausted and need to rest slowing them down until they do so, when under the effects of exhaustion the player will lose this currency at a faster rate. Instead of regeneration health like the other option or boosting health like it is now it will give the player the option to produce more blood at will. Bone fractures can be healed at a extreme cost and over a long period of time but not leaving the player crawling miles to get to the nearest source of morphine, which simply makes it so the player ignores the effects of a broken limb. If you would want to make it even more of a roleplaying game then include a upgrade system where the player can invest a large amount of protein into having stronger and more responsive muscles for reloading, walk speed, damage resistance, ect.

Please give your opinion and suggestions below and tell me which, if at all, of these would you want to see implimented.

Edited by Gandrew
  • Like 2

This mod is already unrealistic, it has zombies. It is inherently unrealistic. People's measure health is not "blood" but a mix of many different factors. It isn't like proper medical procedure for a bullet wound is just giving them a transfusion. it is way more complicated, and you can't make it realistic without making it a medical sim.

This mod is already unrealistic, it has zombies. It is inherently unrealistic. People's measure health is not "blood" but a mix of many different factors. It isn't like proper medical procedure for a bullet wound is just giving them a transfusion. it is way more complicated, and you can't make it realistic without making it a medical sim.

I disagree, I think a main reason for why people choose to play it over other zombie games is because it is a realistic zombie survival game. The health system is blood, you do not die from being noticed, being a bandit, being cold, having a broken bone. No, you die from what comes forth with that, which is injuries that cause lose of blood.

About them not being realistic, they make it realistic and challenging without making it just a tedious effort. This is just a suggestion that may draw in more attention from people, up the difficulty and realism but to an extent that makes it very involved so that people enjoy it.

I do enjoy arguments, they are entertaining, so if you are ignorant feel free to give me a meaningless response, and if you are not, I would love to hear from you further on game mechanics and what not.

Love the first suggestion. Literally, I want to grab it and take it on a nice, civil date then hope for a kiss when I drop it off at it's house.

The second one just seems overcomplicated.

Thank you, I guess it is a bit over complicated, but the thing is, most of that were example that it would be good for in-game. If you can, think of it like the bone/stimpack system from fallout the post apocalyptic video game where you get stimpaks from eating and use it on parts of your body to heal.

Honestly, the best idea in relation to auto-healing I've ever seen.

To be honest, if the rate was handled well enough, I wouldn't mind if canned food stopped giving blood at all, if this were implemented. Keep meat at maybe 400 or so blood, and maybe nerf bloodpacks as well. But this idea, I like. I mean, it is logical to say your body would 'repair' itself as long as you're maintaining yourself with food and drink. Plus, it would give some dynamic to the food and water levels other than 'Fine' and 'Starving/Dehydrated'.

Honestly, the best idea in relation to auto-healing I've ever seen.

To be honest, if the rate was handled well enough, I wouldn't mind if canned food stopped giving blood at all, if this were implemented. Keep meat at maybe 400 or so blood, and maybe nerf bloodpacks as well. But this idea, I like. I mean, it is logical to say your body would 'repair' itself as long as you're maintaining yourself with food and drink. Plus, it would give some dynamic to the food and water levels other than 'Fine' and 'Starving/Dehydrated'.

Very much thanks for the kudos, would you say that it should be more passive or should you get to choose what you want to heal? I guess I

Love the first suggestion. Literally, I want to grab it and take it on a nice, civil date then hope for a kiss when I drop it off at it's house.

The second one just seems overcomplicated.

This is a little over the top but I would have to agree. The first part makes sense and is great. The second part is way too over complicated and I dont really feel like counting calories in a video game.

This is a little over the top but I would have to agree. The first part makes sense and is great. The second part is way too over complicated and I dont really feel like counting calories in a video game.

you dont count calories it just keeps count so you can use them to heal yourself, but yea i understand where you are coming from.