electroban

The sad thing about this game...

People again talking about how crappy is Arma engine and then talking about game mechanics that can be easily changed like controls.

The engine did not reach its limit the mod reached limit because you mod the game and don't adjust the engine.Then there are lot of bugs because you need changes in engine. It did not reached limit as they don't do anything with engine. You could do RTS whit that engine or whatever.

Yeah because that's engine fault that there are lot of controls sure. And bad inventory is totally engine fault doesn't matter that you can easily changed it.

i have no idea what this means

edit: i wasn't being sarcastic. but i'm not sure if you like or hate the engine.

Edited by BMD

i have no idea what this means

edit: i wasn't being sarcastic. but i'm not sure if you like or hate the engine.

Hey man i wrote that in like 1 min. so it sound pretty weird. My main point is that a lot of problems with the game is not engine fault. There just need be some changes with game mechanics, engine is good enough.

Edited by Starngere
  • Like 1

Hey man i wrote that in like 1 min. so it sound pretty weird. My main point is that a lot of problems with the game is not engine fault. There just need be some changes with game mechanics, engine is good enough.

:thumbsup:

The ARMA Engine was made with MS Paint on a Windows '95 system.

Come on now. Windows 95 was amazing

The Arma 3 engine is going to DESTROY all the crappy ass clone competitors. I would bet my last dollar Rocket has kept a few ACES tucked up his sleeve for just such an occasion!

Ok i try explain my point and actually make sense this time. I could be wrong but this is my understanding of the problem.

Everybody always say things like "engine is clunky" ( a lot of times because of controls) or "engine is crappy", but i think they usually refer to game mechanics. Yes i know engine and game mechanics are related. But you can have awesome engine like idk. Cryengine and still have crappy game mechanic. That's the problem with Arma. Engine is good, but game mechanics needs to "iron out" because they are clunky. That's not engine fault. As i said i could be wrong.

Ok i try explain my point and actually make sense this time. I could be wrong but this is my understanding of the problem.

Everybody always say things like "engine is clunky" ( a lot of times because of controls) or "engine is crappy", but i think they usually refer to game mechanics. Yes i know engine and game mechanics are related. But you can have awesome engine like idk. Cryengine and still have crappy game mechanic. That's the problem with Arma. Engine is good, but game mechanics needs to "iron out" because they are clunky. That's not engine fault. As i said i could be wrong.

you're right, don't think twice

Is that it's built on the ARMA engine. And when a developer does steal this idea which they inevitably will prepare for a mass exodus. Yeah you can say hurr stop whining its in Alpha, but let's face it, it'll be hindered by ARMAs crap system throttling engine forever. This game is brilliant too bad its being held back.

arma 3. derp herp. standalone. alpha. derp

ban op and close this thread

Is that it's built on the ARMA engine. And when a developer does steal this idea which they inevitably will prepare for a mass exodus. Yeah you can say hurr stop whining its in Alpha, but let's face it, it'll be hindered by ARMAs crap system throttling engine forever. This game is brilliant too bad its being held back.

This game is too brilliant? It's a mod bro. If you are calling DayZ brilliant then you are calling ARMA brilliant by default. The game mechanics are basically the same. I'm not sure what you mean. A mod will be "hindered" by whatever engine it uses. ARMAs engine has its faults but there is a reason why the game mechanics haven't changed much since the original Operation Flashpoint. I'm serious. Go play Operation Flashpoint from over a decade ago. It is basically the same.