electroban

The sad thing about this game...

Is that it's built on the ARMA engine. And when a developer does steal this idea which they inevitably will prepare for a mass exodus. Yeah you can say hurr stop whining its in Alpha, but let's face it, it'll be hindered by ARMAs crap system throttling engine forever. This game is brilliant too bad its being held back.

• Like 2

Is that it's built on the ARMA engine. And when a developer does steal this idea which they inevitably will prepare for a mass exodus. Yeah you can say hurr stop whining its in Alpha, but let's face it, it'll be hindered by ARMAs crap system throttling engine forever. This game is brilliant too bad its being held back.

thats why they are trying to make their own stand alone game
  • Like 3

This game was really able to flourish BECAUSE of the Arma II engine. While I agree that the game is quickly reaching the limit for the engine, it is still a good testing ground for features that will be in the final game.

Do not despair. Other developers will steal this idea ( War Z ) and it will be healthy for all. Competition never hurt anybody.

Edited by FunkyHermitCrab
  • Like 1

Dayz runs great on my laptop, using the arma engine. You must have a shitty assed rig?

I dont think there will be an exodus because yes the big developers will see there is money to be made in this area but they will still fuck it up with things like a shitty unreal HUD, childish character models, neon markers all over the place, the map would be fucking small and chokey. they will fuck it up..just another L4D/killer floor clone.

lol have you had your head in a hole for the last week? ofc it was going to be copied. rinse and repeat is all the industry knows. rocket will make the game much much better when he gets dayz on a standalone then more bugs and problems can be worked out.

everyone knows the current engine is limited. well done you for highlighting the fact, here have a cookie

Edited by RayPugh

We get this every day.

Every single day, there is not one person who does not complain about the "crappy" arma II engine, which was honestly in alpha to begin with.

So, maybe you should stop complaining and wait until Arma: III.

Edited by JustThatEpic

standalone doesnt mean Rocket is gonna make a brand new engine which has realtime realsize epic map with bullet physics etc, just like in the ARMA engine, for free or otherwise

surely the standalone will be on the arma 2 or 3 engine. there is no other engine that can do this shit on this scale

• Like 3

Try not to take everything I said as a blast at this game, like i said the concept and execution is great! its just marred by appalling engine its ok.

Has huge potential as an MMO, its a literal cash cow waiting to get milked.

OH LOOK, its THIS thread again.

LOOK!Another idiot TRYING to troll!

Edited by Pumbas

LOOK!Another idiot TRYING to troll!

Seems like i just got you. lol, dumbass. Go on back to where you came from until you get some better material.

lol have you had your head in a hole for the last week? ofc it was going to be copied. rinse and repeat is all the industry knows. rocket will make the game much much better when he gets dayz on a standalone then more bugs and problems can be worked out.

everyone knows the current engine is limited. well done you for highlighting the fact, here have a cookie

Are you quagmire, because it looks like you are, the same stupid affirmations as him, maybe!

Edited by Pumbas

Seems like i just got you. lol, dumbass. Go on back to where you came from until you get some better material.

Let the fight begin!Someone is pissed!

if you cant overlook the problems that rocket has already said there is very little he can do about them, then go and sign up for the war z closed beta and see what Hammerpoint Interactive come up with. a watered down soft version for all those friendlies

Try not to take everything I said as a blast at this game, like i said the concept and execution is great! its just marred by appalling engine its ok.

Has huge potential as an MMO, its a literal cash cow waiting to get milked.

and here lies the problem with the gaming industry as a whole imo. Instead of 2 or 3, or even 4 year dev cycles generating great games with updates throughout its life, you get the "milking cow" effect of dropping a new game every year, with minor improvements, at a $60 a year commitment charge for the consumers.

This mod is amazing, the game is great fun, one of the best experiences ive had in a long long time in gaming. And it all arose from what PC gaming used to be about back in the day, and that is the open development of community based modifications to games that already exist with not only the grace of the original developer, but even the assistance in this case (ie the banning of players from Arma for cheating in Mod Z.)

It is developers like this, and mod devs, and communities like this that need everyones support in any way, even just playing, to show that there is a market for PC games in general, and that they should be able to be tinkered with. Big Gaming could learn a thing or two here, looking at Day Z drive a 2 year old game to the top 10 sold games in Steam based on a mod that is in its infant stages.

/End Rant

Sorry, just been loving this shit since i got into it lol

• Like 1

Real Virtuality game engine is good I don't know any other engine that can do the scale of map it can do and also allow 75 player at the same time to play.

i really like it too, i dont think my rig is good enuff to run it tho.

geforce 460 :/

OH LOOK, its THIS thread again.

oh look it this post again. like ur av tho

• Like 1

The ARMA Engine was made with MS Paint on a Windows '95 system.

With a ball mouse, don't forget the ball mouse

• Like 1

The engine is fantastic. The UI is...well, most of us have forgotten what it was like before we worked it out. You can do a million things - you need a million buttons.

The upcoming iphone version should fix that though.

People again talking about how crappy is Arma engine and then talking about game mechanics that can be easily changed like controls.

Sure its reaching the limit

The engine did not reach its limit the mod reached limit because you mod the game and don't adjust the engine.Then there are lot of bugs because you need changes in engine. It did not reached limit as they don't do anything with engine. You could do RTS whit that engine or whatever.

The engine is fantastic. You need a million buttons.

Yeah because that's engine fault that there are lot of controls sure. And bad inventory is totally engine fault doesn't matter that you can easily changed it.

Edited by Starngere