Sign in to follow this  
BlksnshN

Where's the beef?

I have my hatchet, matches, wood, hunting knife, but I have been all over the map the past couple days and can not for the life of me find an animal to shoot for some food.

I was low on blood (7,000) and since I'm playing solo I figured I would just kill some animals. I've played long enough now that I have returned my blood to 12,000 with the beans I have found but still no animals. Is there something special I have to do to hunt?

I recommend the large fields north and west of Stary. I tend to find plenty of animals there. Keep an eye out for goats, they are more plentiful than cows (in my experience) but are difficult to make out since the are white on a tan background.

Nothing at all. Animals are funny little things. They roam wherever they please.

Just gotta keep looking for them.

You do also need a woodpile for the cooking process.

Hope this helped :)

Animals are present, you just have to look arround. I see animals near the coast sometimes but most often in fields or in forests near fields. I almost always see animals near inland water.

Farm fields. Where the big rolls of hay are. Don't bother with the woods.

Domestic animals are the easiest to find.

I have 23 steaks in my van, and that's after driving right past plenty of animals.

Just keep going north till you find one, thats what I do

What's funny is, on my previous life I found and killed a couple boars but I couldn't find matches anywhere. Now that I have everything else, no animals.

Farm fields. Where the big rolls of hay are. Don't bother with the woods.

Domestic animals are the easiest to find.

I have 23 steaks in my van, and that's after driving right past plenty of animals.

Can I come and take a ride in your van? lol.

I haven't been able to find vehicle yet.

Zoom in with right click (you have to be in a wildlife zone without zombies or buildings) and then look for white dots left and right of your screen go into this direction where the white dots are.

• Like 1

Zoom in with right click (you have to be in a wildlife zone without zombies or buildings) and then look for white dots left and right of your screen go into this direction where the white dots are.

Good tip, I'll try that.

Not working in the night btw. Zooming in make the Dots bigger.

I am not man enough to play at night anyway. lol.

I can't see anything and I know all those bandits have NVG.

yep. fields, water holes, outskirts of towns, etc.

that said, i haven't seen a single animal of any sort in the last 6 hours of gameplay. and i've been looking. :/

The weird thing is that animals are never around, when you need them. :D

I left the nw airfield half dead, low on blood, seeing everything blurry. Without any food left I run around for 20+ minutes looking for game everywhere. Finally I see a white dot on the side of my screen and run towards it. Since I chuckle and see everything blurry I need to get the shot up close. I am just 10 meters away and want to pull the trigger - Almost Saved :P

Right in that moment my laptop crashes and restarts. >:( I have no idea what server I was on and the animal is gone for sure. Well it´s gonna be interesting finding food in the next couple of minutes - havent died of starvation before lol

I found a rabbit and a cow. The cow tried to pull some evasive manoeuvres, but he couldn't escape my MK48.