Sign in to follow this  
IroquoisPliskin (DayZ)

Just a friendly suggestion from a survivor.

Hey, Bandits.

I know we got off on the wrong foot, what with you shooting me in the face. No, no, I get it, you really needed that bandage and painkillers.

Passive aggressive humour aside, I have a suggestion for you guys. Instead of straight out killing an unarmed person, why not just hold them up and take the supplies, leaving them alive? I can see you guys shooting on sight if we are armed, but if I'm in town just looking for supplies like you, just take mine and leave me to find my own.

I realize you guys can easily disregard this and I expect as much. But the odds are greatly in your favour in terms of survival instead of players like me who don't player kill unless I am positive the player I meet is going to kill me.

Anyways, have fun out there you crazy bandits, you.

SUPER EDIT: Also, having dialogue in voicechat while you guys rob us could actually be pretty fun/humorous.

Edited by IroquoisPliskin
  • Like 5

Easier to just kill you, also people like to cause grief and just kill for the fun of it.

I have seen it done before though.

This is funny,bandits only kill for pleasure :P they won't live you alive because : - as mentioned they like to grief so they will get some light in they're life for killing you so you have to start everything

from start

- there is possibilty that you will find some weapon and will surely want revenge after that

- when you shot someone,you shot from 300 or more metres ( real bandits ) and even if they wanted to,you can't chat

that far ( yelling doesn't exist in arma :P )

Oh,I'm not bandit by the way :)

Edited by stupar123
  • Like 1

Easier to just kill you, also people like to cause grief and just kill for the fun of it.

I have seen it done before though.

True but that is something that can't be helped. People are gonna be jerks in any game, it's just a shame that the game punishes you more for being a nice guy than a jerk.

That aside, I have no problem with bandits besides the fact that they dwarf the survivors in terms of numbers. Like I said though, what is the point of killing an unarmed man. Besides griefing I mean.

Edited by IroquoisPliskin
  • Like 1

I'm a survivor, and I dont really hate bandits since I dont run into them too often and they often fail. It feels just about right.

That said having somebody rob me would be a new experience... infuriating of course but it would make a better story.

• Like 2

I'm a survivor, and I dont really hate bandits since I dont run into them too often and they often fail. It feels just about right.

That said having somebody rob me would be a new experience... infuriating of course but it would make a better story.

Agreed, I don't hate bandits, it's a compelling part of the game that needs to stay in. I'm brainstorming to think of ideas to level the playing field.

• Like 2

Hey, Bandits.

I know we got off on the wrong foot, what with you shooting me in the face. No, no, I get it, you really needed that bandage and painkillers.

Passive aggressive humour aside, I have a suggestion for you guys. Instead of straight out killing an unarmed person, why not just hold them up and take the supplies, leaving them alive? I can see you guys shooting on sight if we are armed, but if I'm in town just looking for supplies like you, just take mine and leave me to find my own.

I realize you guys can easily disregard this and I expect as much. But the odds are greatly in your favour in terms of survival instead of players like me who don't player kill unless I am positive the player I meet is going to kill me.

SUPER EDIT: Also, having dialogue in voicechat while you guys rob us could actually be pretty fun/humorous.

Leaving unarmed players alive can end a surprisingly large amount of the time in death, due to a frag or them just plain equipping a weapon when you're not looking. And if they do find a weapon and decide they want their stuff back...

As much as I hate to say it, KOSing is just the safest way to play.

I don't kill unarmed persons, and well, i don't stay at shore for over 5mins, just find food'n'drink and leave, but i see why bandits doesn't rob peoples. Usually survivors everyone disconnect when you try to do that, or they try to make a run for it.

I usually don't kill fresh spawns, but after hours of searching for painkillers I just said forget it, went down to the coast and ganked a fresh spawn, took his painkillers and went on my way. Justified?

Since whenever the guy in the ghillie shouts over VOIP "Get down!" they then run...

So I shoot them in the leg, take it forcefully then don't bandage/morphine them watching them crawl to the nearest hospital...

If they have a hatchet or crowbar, shoot them in the legs and watch them squirm around trying to bandage themselves up. When they do, either shoot them again so they bleed or just take them out. Another thing you can do is throw a flare at a survivor surrounded by zombies and watch him fight them off. Then when he is done, give him his ultimate reward... death.

• Like 1

If you zoom way out and look at the big (hypothetical) picture, Kill On Sight is not the safest way. If everyone played Kill Every Two Sightings (or KETS as I like to call it), then it would be 50% safer for everyone than KOS.

:P

Yay

• Like 1

Hey, Bandits.

That would work, but you have to swear not to shoot me when i rob you, seriously that would be a dick move. Dont be a dick.

Honestly? I prefer holding someone up. It's much more fun. Besides, maybe they'll turn out to be cool and want to join up. Problem is, yeah, person will probably just alt-f4. But at the same time they're probably going to do that anyways if you shoot and miss, so does it really matter?

I dont know if I'm a noob or just too honest but the concept of alt + F4 is way alien to me. Sure, I had wounded bandits disappear on me before, but I did not know it was a problem until I joined the forum.

well .45acp weapons currently have unlimited ammo so Im losing nothing by dispatching a potential threat. However, my bandti side usually comes out only for greed and fear so usually unless I need bandages I dont typcally waste time on the unarmed unless I despretly need foor or water. In the next update when alt-f4 is changed, Ill mabey be kind enough to ask before putting some .45 in your direction.

On the EU servers i play on I have tried stopping people and make them giving me all their stuff, usually two of these scenarios happen:

A: They run away and I shoot them in the back

B: My mate shoots them in the face when they lay down and i curse at him for doing so

- there is possibilty that you will find some weapon and will surely want revenge after that

That argument is moot. When you respawn you can still find some weapon and surely want revenge.

A nice ass survivor let me live today out of the kindness of his heart, I had absolutely nothing but a makarov, shot him in the head. Feels good. Kinda.