Sign in to follow this  
sadtree

Private server spotted

Ok so I'm new in these forums so I am sorry if this isn't the right place for this.

I found a private server called " RP 1 ". It had some odd rules ( you get banned when having humanity lower than -3000 etc. ) and spawning items were not default, since you got stuff like map, morphine and 3 bandages instantly.

A hacker appeared there and hacked everyone. After that I went to elektro and some guys started shooting at me from fire station tower. I started a fight with them and killed 4 of them until I died. Of course I got banned.

Server admin was also giving hacked items back, using super magic admin thingys to repair peoples bones and stuff... Admin was called "Rolle"

I'm sorry if I did something wrong here

• Like 1

Nothing wrong...

But this has been going on for weeks, so I doubt you will even notice anyone raising an eyebrow.

SadTree, I am dissapoint.

Are you are complaining about me for running a private server? (since DayZ lacks any kind of distribution license it's technically legal, ArmA2 mods are usually free to use)

Or are you complaining about enforcing rules on my own private server?

Or are you complaining about me banning the mentioned hacker?

Or maybe you are complaining about me helping players that got hacked?

Or maybe you are just butthurt because you killed innocent players on sight, on a role-playing server with strict PvP rules and got banhammer'd?

Edited by Rolle
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong...

But this has been going on for weeks, so I doubt you will even notice anyone raising an eyebrow.

Makes me laugh all these STRICT rules about servers and no one gives a damn really...

SadTree, I am dissapoint.

Are you are complaining about me for running a private server? (since DayZ lacks any kind of distribution license it's technically legal, ArmA2 mods are usually free to use)

Or are you complaining about enforcing rules on my own private server?

Or are you complaining about me banning the mentioned hacker?

Or maybe you are complaining about me helping players that got hacked?

Or maybe you are just butthurt because you killed innocent players on sight, on a role-playing server with strict PvP rules and got banhammer'd?

You shouldn't talk about things happening when you weren't there. Let me explain you the whole situation.

Me and my friend walked in elektro past fire station. Someone opened fire on us from that tower, my friend got killed but I survived.

I went into fire station and there was some loot, and when I went looting it someone came there with a shotgun and tried to kill me but I got him first. After that another player tried to enter but I guess I scared him away. When I started climbing the tower I saw one guy at the top of it ( his hands came through the floor ). I shot him a couple of times since I thought he was the one shooting us earlier. As I entered the top floor there was another guy who shot me then.

There were multiple people complaining about randoms shooting on sight at fire station at chat.

I guess I should have just let them kill me and continue killing others. I hope atleast they got banned too

You must live in a really happy place where stuff is free or legal just because it doesn't explicitly say otherwise in a specific file, can I come visit?

It is, strictly speaking, illegal as well as not appreciated by the developers, whether that is legally enforceable is another matter entirely, so is whether this is obvious. Just because I give you something to download, does not mean I disclaim all my rights to how you are going about using it.

Edited by n156180
  • Like 1

You shouldn't talk about things happening when you weren't there. Let me explain you the whole situation.

Me and my friend walked in elektro past fire station. Someone opened fire on us from that tower, my friend got killed but I survived.

I went into fire station and there was some loot, and when I went looting it someone came there with a shotgun and tried to kill me but I got him first. After that another player tried to enter but I guess I scared him away. When I started climbing the tower I saw one guy at the top of it ( his hands came through the floor ). I shot him a couple of times since I thought he was the one shooting us earlier. As I entered the top floor there was another guy who shot me then.

There were multiple people complaining about randoms shooting on sight at fire station at chat.

I guess I should have just let them kill me and continue killing others. I hope atleast they got banned too

I didn't know about that, you never said anything and other people spammed chat yelling that a single guy killed 4 people. After the kills your humanity went below allowed level and that's why you were banned. If you want to appeal our forums are now open.

You must live in a really happy place where stuff is free or legal just because it doesn't explicitly say otherwise in a specific file, can I come visit?

It is, strictly speaking, illegal as well as not appreciated by the developers, whether that is legally enforceable is another matter entirely, so is whether this is obvious. Just because I give you something to download, does not mean I disclaim all my rights to how you are going about using it.

Agreed, that's why we have these nice things called licenses that say describe what people can and can't do. In this case there isn't any license so I can freely use the software. I am not making any profit of it or doing any harm or damage to the rightful owner so I don't know what's the big deal.

Edited by Rolle

I didn't know about that, you never said anything and other people spammed chat yelling that a single guy killed 4 people. After the kills your humanity went below allowed level and that's why you were banned. If you want to appeal our forums are now open.

Agreed, that's why we have these nice things called licenses that say describe what people can and can't do. In this case there isn't license any so I can freely use the software. I am not making any profit of it or doing any harm or damage to the rightful owner so I don't know what's the big deal.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

I hate to say it but what this dick is doing is completely legit. His only repurcusion is that he won't be connected to the hive anymore. Past that, mods are freeware.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

I hate to say it but what this dick is doing is completely legit. His only repurcusion is that he won't be connected to the hive anymore. Past that, mods are freeware.

They don't apply to private servers not connected to the hive.

How would you propose anyone enforce those rules? The stick the Devs use is Blacklisting.....Guess what? He's not whitelisted as a private server so he could care less.

He runs a private server, with a private hive. Play on it with whatever rules he puts in place or move on.....

PS not aimed at Mozy, just copied for ease of use

Edited by jskibo