Sign in to follow this  
andris.orinskis@gmail.com

Character spawning fresh when upgrading to 1.7.2.3 from 1.7.1.5

After I updated @DayZ via Six Launcher to version 1.7.2.3 from 1.7.1.5, and joined new version server, my character spawned all brand new on the beach.

I reinstalled game, to 1.7.1.5, loaded into old server, and my character had all my old gear and spawned in old location. Logged into different server to check that server indeed is in the hive - all was fine.

I've read forum on this issue, and updated DayZ again, to version 1.7.2.3. Logged into a server - new character on a beach. Changed server - same new character. Pressed "respawn", went to lobby, logged into another 1.7.2.3 server - stuck on "Waiting for character to create". Pressed "respawn", went to lobby, logged back into same server - new character on a beach.

Uninstalled the game, installed the game (ffs it takes ages to download ArmA2 + ArmA2:OA from Steam!!!), installed DayZ 1.7.1.5 - old character with all the gear and in correct position! Damn...

Updated the game - spawned on a beach!

Now I'm back on 1.7.1.5, playing. Can I please play on 1.7.2.3???

i believe that some people said that you need to respawn first (die) and then you probably have your stuff back

Did that many times on 1.7.2.3 server. Always fresh new character. Then reinstalled game, got 1.7.1.5 DayZ, and old character loads in. But only until I move to 1.7.2.3 again... Beach boy...