Sign in to follow this  
recon5198

LOVE IT BUT THIS SUCKS

OK I KNOW HOW TO PLAY BUT I DIE BE FOR I CAN EVER GET A GUN. ANYWAY TO LIVE LONGER

I TRY TO LOOT BUT THE ZOMBIES GET ME

Edited by recon5198

If you dont know how to grab a gun before dying, you dont know how to play.

look for Barns or Deerstands before running into big cities

• Like 1

1. Don't run out on the open.

2. Don't go in to the coast cities

3. Head north

4. Use forest as cover

5. loot Barns

6. Take your caps lock off

• Like 4

First, turn caps lock off.

Then, google 'Dayz guide'. Or find a guide on these forums, it's all there.

Have an awesome day.

First, turn caps lock off.

Then, google 'Dayz guide'. Or find a guide on these forums, it's all there.

Have an awesome day.

Ninja'ed again. Arh, old age is so oppressive. And the edit button masquerades as the quote button.

Edited by Max Planck

3. Head north

4. Use forest as cover

5. loot Barns

+1

3. Head north

4. Use forest as cover

5. loot Barns

This applies after you have a gun and some supplies. Before then, do the opposite.

• Like 1

If you're just starting out, I'd suggest opening a map in google for when you spawn. I usually go for the big coast cities, stop by the airfield, then proceed inland.

My first 4 days of DayZ consisted of dying without a weapon. But once you find one/ get used to locations, its easy to get a weapon. Don't count out the hatchet, I had 51 kills with it in one life, no blood regen'd, used 1 bandage, no guns. Lol, I was happy until the server was hacked(?) and the entire map population of people appeared on a rooftop for a final shootout to the death. I assume thats a hack, and not some playful admin ruining our experience

3. Head north

4. Use forest as cover

5. loot Barns

I completely disagree. When spawning, you SHOULD run, and should go into coast cities. You get a weapon much faster. No point to crouch and hide when you first spawn because you don't have any gear to protect. Thats a good way to spend hours before ever finding a weapon. Once armed, its a different story completely.

Edited by jordan2412

Why on these threads do people say dont go into coastal citys ? Its the best way to learn and the fastest way to gear up. Go for it mate heading north before youv even got one can of coke is a failure. Without the knowledge of where you are going youl die of dehydration or worse. Its a simple matter of get in-get out without causing too much of a scene.

• Like 1

He asked how to live longer. My suggestion guarantees longer survival. If I want to get a good start and don't mind dying a couple of times while trying, I loot the coastal towns myself, however, that is counter productive to what the OP asked.

Why on these threads do people say dont go into coastal citys ? Its the best way to learn and the fastest way to gear up. Go for it mate heading north before youv even got one can of coke is a failure. Without the knowledge of where you are going youl die of dehydration or worse. Its a simple matter of get in-get out without causing too much of a scene.

There are towns when heading north not more than 5 minutes away from the coast, no matter what spawn point you get. You'll get plenty food and drinks from there with A LOT less danger.

He asked how to live longer. My suggestion guarantees longer survival. If I want to get a good start and don't mind dying a couple of times while trying, I loot the coastal towns myself, however, that is counter productive to what the OP asked.

Lets look at the situation for a minute.....He wants to live longer.....but hasn't found a gun......hmmm.. The place to start, might be finding a gun, so he can....live longer! Its crazy I know.

Edited by jordan2412

There are towns when heading north not more than 5 minutes away from the coast, no matter what spawn point you get. You'll get plenty food and drinks from there with A LOT less danger.

I agree with you and the only time I ever go into a coastal town is at the apartments in cherno, because I rarely ever see anyone there. Plus, the hospital is right next door and you can approach from the forest.

If that's not an option, I almost always head inland. I have never died from dehydration or starvation.

Lets look at the situation for a minute.....He wants to live longer.....but hasn't found a gun......hmmm.. The place to start, might be finding a gun, so he can....live longer! Its crazy I know.

Guns don't help you survive. Food and drink helps you survive. A gun itself cannot feed you. It doesn't help you avoid zombies. Crazy I know! You can find guns outside of the main cities and you don't always spawn close to them.

So wait, he doesn't have a gun but you suggest he goes to the biggest, busiest location full of zombies and hostile players WITHOUT A GUN?

Wouldn't it make more sense to go a quiet barn 5 minutes up north and loot a gun there? Or god forbid, loot the military tents in Berezino 10 minutes away with pretty much no players around? Crazy I know!

Again, death isn't a punishment in this game until you obtain something worth losing...

May as well find a slower/emptier server and run right into town. Although, if you technically want the best argument..

You should run directly to the nearest town/barn/deerstand. That's faster ;]

3. Head north

4. Use forest as cover

5. loot Barns

Basically do the opposite of this guide when you're first starting out. Although I definitely support option number six.

I made the same mistake most new players are probably making when I started this game, and that is assuming that the zombies are the real threat. They're not. Other people are. You can get away from zombies easily, but it's a bit harder to get away from an asshole with a sniper rifle when you're crawling around at snail speed. It's a lot more difficult to hit a sprinting target, especially one that ducks in and out of buildings constantly.

When you spawn your first goal should be to find the nearest big city and head straight there. Yeah, you may die. But if you die you get to respawn again in a matter of seconds and try again. If you crawl around being all stealthy you may waste an hour of your own time finding a bunch of shitty items that will be of no use to you a few minutes later when you're sniped from half a mile away by a guy who has no intentions of looting your corpse (not that you have anything worth stealing anyway).

Remember that, while they are pretty quick outside, zombies are slow as all hell indoors. Just be sure you don't enter a house with only one narrow entrance/exit and you should be able to slow them down and lose them easily. It may take you a bit to learn the best techniques, but just knowing this basic strategy will save you a lot of time. Because zombies move so slowly inside, you can put about ten feet of distance between yourself and them and still have time to pick up what you need from loot areas around the ground.

Try to avoid firing your pistol in the big cities if at all possible. Sure, zombies are really easy to gun down indoors, but the noise you make may key a more seasoned player with a better weapon to your location. A lot of players hunt the new kids in the big cities, so be wary of giving away your position just to gun down a few mildly annoying walkers.

Once you have all the basics (food, medicine, drinks or a canteen, a weapon or two), it's time to head into the wilderness and northward to the less populated areas. Or you can stick around and deathmatch. It's really up to you at that point.

Edited by Black Dow

OK I KNOW HOW TO PLAY BUT I DIE BE FOR I CAN EVER GET A GUN. ANYWAY TO LIVE LONGER

I TRY TO LOOT BUT THE ZOMBIES GET ME

Please find a different game. You are making this place terrible.

Please find a different game. You are making this place terrible.

Shut up you absolute moron. All the above tactics are for people that know what they are doing. Ignore them. Head for the nearest town and have fun looting it. Yes, youl probably die in a gruesome manor. But you will have learned something. 5 or 10 deaths later and youl be a true survivor that also knows where hes going :)

In my opinion, looting the coast cities is far underated. Grab some supplies there then head in to the forest.

1st, how old are you?

2nd, have you heard of a thing called Google.com?

3rd, use your brain. If you don't have the answer/knowledge you're looking for uhh... do some research instead of lashing out like an idiot.

-GL

I'm no pro and i ma learning but this isn't a game where you can just go wherever you want without consequences. You must keep you eye open at all times and be smart. It took me 30 min just find a meele weapon but it was worth it.

Edited by Mephster