Sign in to follow this  
SoloSmith

Item Spawning

Does anyone else think the current item spawning system is a bit stupid? I constantly see bandits scream about realism as their excuse for KoS, but is it realistic to hop to another dimension (server) grab gear and repeat? After all the talk of the NW airfield, I checked it out and people were CONSTANTLY spawning in a leaving. I sat a good distance away to avoid detection but it was quite obvious, check a few things, log out.

I personally feel, game mechanic wise, that this is the biggest problem with DayZ. Why couldn't they use a more imaginative spawning system? Is it due to ARMA or the mod?

People are more entertained by convenience and shortcuts rather than hard work and sacrifice.

The problem isn't the item spawning system, the problem is server hopping. And that's getting a fix in the next and following patches.

I spent 45 min running around looking for items but all I found was zombies. Does it really take that long to find an item for a beginner ? Love the game though but right now everything seems a little fuzzy.

I like to sit at the exit of the barracks with an AS50 aimed down the hallway. It ruins their day, but hey... I'm not the one server hopping...

reason: server hopping loot crazed idiots.

result: empty tin cans for us.