Sign in to follow this  
KField86

Getting annoyed with Vilayer

Purchased a server, and am waiting inside their teamspeak with a representative from their company. The only step left for my server to be operational is to obtain an instance ID, and he's the only one who can give it to me and the other 10 people waiting inside the team speak. We've been waiting for damn near 4 hours in this teamspeak. If anyone from vilayer is paying attention, it might be a good idea to have more than one person handling ID requests for servers.

Me and my group are trying to play, and it's rather annoying that the only step needed is to just obtain an ID. It's in the middle of the day in europe. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he may be working but I feel like I have to sit in this teamspeak all day long if I want to be one when he hands out our IDs. Some people may say "cry more" but it's principal. I've paid for a product that I STILL can't use days later.

PS: If you haven't gotten the clue... he's AFK in the support channel so for all we know he's rubbing one off(And if so, props for the stamina dude). A simple "Hey guys, sorry I'm tied up at the moment I will be back to provide you with your IDS as soon as possible would of been nice.

Edited by KField86

We have no problems with ours and as I said, with a game like DayZ being as buggy as it is, it's nice to know someone is ready to respond quickly to problems.

I've not seen one offering a 40 for £25, but then do you know what quality you're getting with that?

We have no problems with ours and as I said, with a game like DayZ being as buggy as it is, it's nice to know someone is ready to respond quickly to problems.

I've not seen one offering a 40 for £25, but then do you know what quality you're getting with that?

I'm not sure really but I have seen a few posts that have servers from this same provider:

http://www.dayzhosting.com/

It seems odd they would provide a server for this price that runs like crap? Who knows.. Any feedback from people with this suppler is welcome..

Sorry OP for hijacking thread.

Im looking to rent with HostAltitude.. there lowest DayZ package is like £25, the server Gaming Deluxe offer is it any better?

I'm currently using them and my average ticket response time is about 12-24 hours. No sooner so far and I've been in constant contact with them for the past 3-4 days. They also won't change your timezone. Server is locking up every 30 mins or so for 30-60 seconds. Take that last part with a grain of salt, you may get your server on a machine that's not overloaded or having issues.

At least it's a step above our first host, Defconservers, which sold us a server that they couldn't get whitelisted or working with DayZ.

Edited by KGoBlin

I'm currently using them and my average ticket response time is about 12-24 hours. No sooner so far and I've been in constant contact with them for the past 3-4 days. They also won't change your timezone. Server is locking up every 30 mins or so for 30-60 seconds. Take that last part with a grain of salt, you may get your server on a machine that's not overloaded or having issues.

At least it's a step above our first host, Defconservers, which sold us a server that they couldn't get whitelisted or working with DayZ.

IMO Host Altitude is the best server hosting company. Great customer service and great up time for dedicated servers.I have had no problems and they have even had techs at my server a 9PM to install SSD's

Timezone changing will be added very soon. We're sorry for our current response time but we are one man down for a couple of days. None of our servers are overloaded and the majority of desync/lag issues can be fixed or at least eased. It can take us some time to diagnose issues but we do work with the dev team and other server admins to find fixes fast. Remember DayZ is still in Alpha and desync/lag is very common for all servers.

Vilayer doesnt provide instance IDs from what I gather.

Instance ID is for patch updates and access to the client layer of the dayz site for server hosts. Vilayer tests and provides forced or optional updates based on the performance of the updates coming from rocket. In my experience Vilayer has been spot on and doing things for their dayz servers that most hosts for other games dont do.

This is an alpha game being used by over half a million people, a little perspective is needed I think. There is no established patch distribution pipeline or update system for the server Hosts other than manually downloading it and making it into a patch manually for their servers. This is a VERY inefficient method to update tens of thousands of servers over dozens of diff hosts with dozens of diff patching methods.

If this performance from the hosts persists after gold launch of Dayz then I would say we have a problem, until then my suggestion is to realize you are not here to "play" a game you are here to "test" a potential game in development. If you are expecting smooth service and flawless gameplay your going to be very let down and honestly I have no idea why you are expecting this level of service during an alpha for a game you didnt even pay for.

• Like 1

I own a dedicated server and had to request my own Instance ID.

Lets not forget the fact that these instance ID's need time to be givin to the company, Also that someone has to install them and you not god so your in a que, Also that 4 hours is nothing 4 days is when yu should start to complain. Just grow up and have some patience. Vilayer is the best host IMO, Never had any problems

• Like 1

Even though I work with HFB. Things are slowly turning around. But I have to admit Vilayer does a good job.

• Like 2

you are aware that the instance ID is not provided by the hoster, but rather they have to request it from dayZ directly? If not, there you go. at all the hijackers, still a long way to get to a level with vilayer. they do what they can, and that very good, including thoughtful updating or supplying multiple update packages to auto-install with one button click for you to choose. something important happened with dayZ (like enforced beta version)? email in your inbox notifying you and giving you all the info you need.

plus the interface is beautifully useful. 4 hours wait for a server to be set up, 24 hours should be your benchmark, this is not a take-away business, especially when 3rd parties (dayZ team) are involved and can cause potential delays.

• Like 1

You do know you can go to dayz and get your own server instance ID right? Installing it is simply uploading 1 file to your mpmissions folder. It's not rocket science..

Purchased a server, and am waiting inside their teamspeak with a representative from their company. The only step left for my server to be operational is to obtain an instance ID, and he's the only one who can give it to me and the other 10 people waiting inside the team speak. We've been waiting for damn near 4 hours in this teamspeak. If anyone from vilayer is paying attention, it might be a good idea to have more than one person handling ID requests for servers.

Me and my group are trying to play, and it's rather annoying that the only step needed is to just obtain an ID. It's in the middle of the day in europe. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he may be working but I feel like I have to sit in this teamspeak all day long if I want to be one when he hands out our IDs. Some people may say "cry more" but it's principal. I've paid for a product that I STILL can't use days later.

PS: If you haven't gotten the clue... he's AFK in the support channel so for all we know he's rubbing one off(And if so, props for the stamina dude). A simple "Hey guys, sorry I'm tied up at the moment I will be back to provide you with your IDS as soon as possible would of been nice.

Your server was setup a few hours after this post.

Vilayer doesnt provide instance IDs from what I gather.

Instance ID is for patch updates and access to the client layer of the dayz site for server hosts. Vilayer tests and provides forced or optional updates based on the performance of the updates coming from rocket. In my experience Vilayer has been spot on and doing things for their dayz servers that most hosts for other games dont do.

This is an alpha game being used by over half a million people, a little perspective is needed I think. There is no established patch distribution pipeline or update system for the server Hosts other than manually downloading it and making it into a patch manually for their servers. This is a VERY inefficient method to update tens of thousands of servers over dozens of diff hosts with dozens of diff patching methods.

If this performance from the hosts persists after gold launch of Dayz then I would say we have a problem, until then my suggestion is to realize you are not here to "play" a game you are here to "test" a potential game in development. If you are expecting smooth service and flawless gameplay your going to be very let down and honestly I have no idea why you are expecting this level of service during an alpha for a game you didnt even pay for.

This is incorrect, Vilayer does provide instance ids.

Edited by PersonalJ

Vilayer will provide you with an instance ID. They get them from DayZ devs in batches, and then they are given out. I got my ID about 2 hours after I made this post, but now I'm having more issues. I can't even access vilayer's website. And also my admin panel wasn't working for about 2 hours, and I was getting randomly kicked from my server for something to do with battle-eye. keep in mind, my server was running FLAWLESSLY about 8 hours prior. I turn my computer off, log back in tonight, and all hell breaks lose, so I did a fresh install of arma/arma oa/dayz/ six launcher, everything, and now I have my control panel back and I'm able to login and manage my server. I still can't get on their website though. I can ping there website fine so I'm not banned or anything but I have a feeling there website is blocking certain IP addresses for god knows why. I'll be contacting my ISP tomorrow to get my public IP changed.

PS" Now I'm trying to figure out why I'm not "allowed" to update to the latest arma beta build. I'm running 95208, while others are running 95310, etc. In my config options it states "Force server to run build 95208". I have the option to update to 95248. The whole thing is really weird thought because apparently I'm running the latest test build 95312 which was released only to vilayer, yet my server name doesn't say this. It just says 1.7.2.3/95208. I wish I could rename my server to reflect this as I have a feeling the build I'm running may have something to do with the amount of players my server is receiving, so now I'm waiting on support again to fill me in on how this is supposed to be. Am I running the right version or not, and if not...what do I need to do to make sure I am on the right version that most servers are on. I want players to be able to connect to my server if they've patched to the most recent build via six launcher and not have to do some special magic trick just to get to the right build I am on.

Edited by KField86

You're server IS running the 95312 build, as are all vilayer server, go to the config editor (server.cfg), and chage the following options (which will also change you're server name btw)

Under general settings change :

Enforce beta version - 95310 (or you can leave it at 95248, as i have, also 95310 is the latest client side patch, 312 was server only)

And under host settings change :

Arma 2 version - 95310 (this is the setting that changes the version in you're server host name.